Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
    Banned

Michael Jordan Bat W/steiner Hologram?

Why would a Steiner hologram be affixed to a game used Michael Jordan bat? What's the connection between this bat and Steiner?

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...ction_ID=38083

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Re: Michael Jordan Bat W/steiner Hologram?

Howard,

Great question. Seems odd. Another thing I noticed is that the number was added in silver paint pen. You know how many bats I've handled. I've never seen a silver paint pen number on a blonde knob before.* I'm not saying it is not correct, just highly unusual. At first glance, I thought the knob was blank because it is hard to see the number in silver paint pen on the blonde wood.

Reid

* The one exception being Eddie Murray's bats, but his had a black, red, or orange outline around the paint pen number so that it was easier to see - or vice versa with the silver paint pen serving as the outline component.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.