Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pics from Braves Fanfest today.....

Anybody go to the Braves fanfest today? It was HORRIBLE....just go look for yourself at the Braves Message Boards on their site.....every single person is complaining. There were no schedules of players to sign, no times of when players will sign, or for how long they'll sign. My brother was in line for 2 hours and had to leave because they cut the line. It was ridiculous. Their game used sale wasn't really much of a sale. Game worn and game issued throwbacks were $200 a piece, and bats were in the $50-$125 range, with only 2 broken bats for $10 a piece which I purchased (Langerhans and Orr). Here's some pics:

Here's the bats I got for $10 a piece:

Also, an interesting note to add, I saw some guy with what looked to be a strip tag on his jersey he was wearing:

Well would you look at that.....it just so happens to be a signed MLB authenticated Oscar Villarreal game worn 2006 jersey.......really sad to see it being worn by some random guy.....watch out for that one if it were to hit eBay!!

Re: Pics from Braves Fanfest today.....

Quote Originally Posted by kylehess10 View Post
    Anybody go to the Braves fanfest today? It was HORRIBLE....just go look for yourself at the Braves Message Boards on their site.....every single person is complaining.
    Kyle,

I am really sorry to hear how bad it was. Did you meet anybody of note? Also, I don't know about these message boards you are referencing. Links, please? Thanks for the pictures you took.

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    Also, I don't know about these message boards you are referencing. Links, please?
    Take that back. Found 'em. Hope your experiences today go better.

Hey Kyle, I went yesterday, and was very disappointed. As you said there was a very limited amount of game used stuff, and the prices were not very good at all. On top of that, the staff had no idea what was game used and what was issued. I saw one game used hat, the rack of jersey's and the bat table, which didnt have any good buys at all. I got there, and was one of maybe the first ten in the booth, and they had game used pants for $5 a piece. I thought of picking some up, but they were out for only a minute before someone working the booth came and packed them all up, I never saw them again. I saw Terry Pendleton and that was it, didnt meet him though.

Quote Originally Posted by GoTigers View Post
    Hey Kyle, I went yesterday, and was very disappointed. As you said there was a very limited amount of game used stuff, and the prices were not very good at all. On top of that, the staff had no idea what was game used and what was issued. I saw one game used hat, the rack of jersey's and the bat table, which didnt have any good buys at all. I got there, and was one of maybe the first ten in the booth, and they had game used pants for $5 a piece. I thought of picking some up, but they were out for only a minute before someone working the booth came and packed them all up, I never saw them again. I saw Terry Pendleton and that was it, didnt meet him though.
    You were there when I was there then, because I was also one of the first people to get there......I skipped the autograph line when the doors opened and went straight to the memorabilia sale, and also saw that guy buying all those pairs of pants

Were you carring around a game used base??

Quote Originally Posted by GoTigers View Post
    Were you carring around a game used base??

Yep, that was me. I had a base and also a Brian Jordan game worn jersey I was carrying

Yea, I was wearing the Auburn hat, dont know if you saw me. I was right beside you looking at the bats. I thought it may have been you, but didnt want to say anything if it wasnt.

From the perspective of a g/u collector, the fan fest was definitely a disappointment this year. No real "finds" to report. Plenty of unused '66 throwbacks and cheap, signed SGA hats. The prices weren't outrageous, unlike that charity drive they held at Turner last summer, but there just wasn't a lot of quality material on either day. The autograph lines got pretty out of hand too. If they're at the Congress Center again next year, they should look into working with someone who's an experienced show promoter. I have to say though that it was still a lot of fun. And a few of the dealers there did have some decent g/u stuff--just ask Jimmie B.
    "The knowledge that this guy has in his head, some of you would never be able to comprehend."

Banned

Thats not true, you guys did find something........ each other awwwwwww lol lol