PDA

View Full Version : Finally Game Used at CamdenYards

geoff
08-11-2007, 01:35 PM
They Finally started selling Game Used Items at the Orioles Games now.
I went to the Game last night and walked in the Team Store and they had items.
A few Game Used Bats and a few Game Used Jerseys where for sale.
Also at the Game Used Stand they had a few Bats.All the Bats they had Were Cracked.They also had a few Overpriced Bases.
I picked up a Cracked Nick Markakis with nice use and is Authenticated by MLB.

mr.miracle
08-11-2007, 08:28 PM
Hello Geoff, thanks for the update, are the items available strictly from 2007 or is that not completely evident. The Orioles seem to be last in almost everything so this does not come as a complete surprise. What was the general price for a cracked game used Markakis bat as well as the game used bases if you don't mind my asking?

thanks

dcrules01
08-11-2007, 09:15 PM
Any Brian Roberts bats??? I might be going in Sept..:)

bubbrubb25
08-12-2007, 12:09 AM
What are there prices I saw the stand there last month but I saw it after the game and they were closed.

geoff
08-12-2007, 03:03 AM
I asked and they said they are going to be selling Game Used from now on.
No Brian Roberts bats on Friday Night.

The Game Used Base I saw was from Opening Day 2005 and was $500.00
Cracked Bats where $80.00 if I remember that right.
Tejada Cracked was $150.00 which they sold before I got there.
My Markakis I got was $150.00 and I got the only one they had.

Thanks
Geoff

allstarsplus
08-12-2007, 09:55 AM
The Game Used Base I saw was from Opening Day 2005 and was $500.00
Cracked Bats where $80.00 if I remember that right.
Tejada Cracked was $150.00 which they sold before I got there.
My Markakis I got was $150.00 and I got the only one they had.

Thanks
GeoffHopefully Peter Angelos won't see my post so I will whisper it- Those are priced well.

How big were the cracks? Did they come with MLB #'d holograms.

Several years ago when the Orioles were one of the innovators of Sports Art Gallery museum types of spaces in the B&O called Gallery E. They had a very eclectic mix of Sports Art. I consigned items to them so it was great being a part of something innovative. The Gallery was owned by the Orioles and eventually closed.

Hopefully the Orioles can expand their game used offerings and keep them priced well.

thanks. Andrew

Swoboda4
08-12-2007, 11:01 AM
Is this team store available on line? I didn't check. Also,it always seems that any team/organization that has a team store doesn't really know initially, the potential they have in their hands. They sell a few game used items to attract customers in who they feel will mostly buy souveneirs. Take the Mets ill-fated shop "AmazinMemorabilia" or the Mets Clubhouse shop for that matter. They have a goldmine and they dropped the ball. They let Steiner take over instead of running things themselves. I've mentioned to a few Met Officials the price of game used Met items realized in either auctions or from Steiner and they look at me with a shocked expression like I'm kidding them.

geoff
08-12-2007, 02:00 PM
Some of the Cracks on the bats were severe from what I saw.Some were only minor and from what I saw they all are authenticated by MLB.But I am sure they are not in the system yet.
I don't know if they have an online store.

Andrew I thought the prices were not that bad either.Hopefully they dont raise the prices up.