PDA

View Full Version : historic baseball 756 barry bonds on ebay - US $1,600,000.00

3arod13
08-10-2007, 06:11 AM
I doubt this is the owner of the ball. I would think he definately add pics to back it up. In addition, I'm always surprised to see people bid on something as significant and expensive as this, with the seller having no transactions and zero feedback.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130142159209&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:middle:us

JimCaravello
08-10-2007, 07:07 AM
Beautiful - a $1.6MM ball and shipping is $14.95 - you have to love that! Also - 24 offers to date - amazing.................jim

metsbats
08-10-2007, 07:16 AM
The person who caught the 756 ball was a Met Fan from NY. Why is this ebay seller's location WI then.

3arod13
08-10-2007, 07:19 AM
What else I found odd is every person who made an offer, reflects
"*** Member IDs have been partially hidden to keep users anonymous."

All of them. Meaning you can click on their Ebay ID and see if they have any current auctions...you can't contact them...etc. It's as if the person who made this auction, has other accounts or others making these offers in order to show interested and get others to bid.

You know what's sad? There's so much scamming and dishonest in this hobby, it make us all hestitant to trust.

Regards, Tony

3arod13
08-10-2007, 07:22 AM
What else I found odd is every person who made an offer, reflects
"*** Member IDs have been partially hidden to keep users anonymous."

All of them. Meaning you can click on their Ebay ID and see if they have any current auctions...you can't contact them...etc. It's as if the person who made this auction, has other accounts or others making these offers in order to show interested and get others to bid.

You know what's sad? There's so much scamming and dishonest in this hobby, it make us all hestitant to trust.

Regards, Tony

Sorry, meant: "Meaning you can click on their Ebay ID and CAN'T see if they have any current auctions...you can't contact them...etc.

3arod13
08-10-2007, 07:29 AM
The person who caught the 756 ball was a Met Fan from NY. Why is this ebay seller's location WI then.

Good eye! I even missed that one. Boy, people are amazing.

Vintagedeputy
08-10-2007, 07:46 AM
People are so stupid

XPFO
08-10-2007, 08:20 AM
If it is on e-bay, it has to be real...I'm buying it!!!!:eek:

MikeSimon
08-10-2007, 09:12 AM
...and his digital camera wasn't working that day! It would be interesting to see a pic of a ball that Bonds hit during his record chase....even a foul ball. It would have some kind of authentication assigned to it. Didn't they use specific baseballs when Bonds came to bat?

mvandor
08-10-2007, 09:21 AM
Zero feedback bidder, no pic, not even worth discussion.

TNTtoys
08-10-2007, 09:26 AM
...and his digital camera wasn't working that day! It would be interesting to see a pic of a ball that Bonds hit during his record chase....even a foul ball. It would have some kind of authentication assigned to it. Didn't they use specific baseballs when Bonds came to bat?

Disclaimer: I have no intention to add to this useless thread about the ebay auction, but have useful information regarding the ball itself. All of Bonds' balls have been marked accordingly. There would most definitely be distinguishing markers on this particular ball to authenticate it as #756.

3arod13
08-10-2007, 09:36 AM
Disclaimer: I have no intention to add to this useless thread about the ebay auction, but have useful information regarding the ball itself. All of Bonds' balls have been marked accordingly. There would most definitely be distinguishing markers on this particular ball to authenticate it as #756.

What purposes does this serve: Disclaimer: I have no intention to add to this useless thread about the ebay auction

TNTtoys
08-10-2007, 09:38 AM
Tony,

Very simply, I wanted to provide the information about the balls being marked accordingly, without being party to continuing the discussion about the novice scammer on ebay. I thought that it would be pertinent news to the collecting community, but didn't believe that continuing discussion about a 0 feedback ebay seller would be of value.

Nick

3arod13
08-10-2007, 09:46 AM
Tony,

Very simply, I wanted to provide the information about the balls being marked accordingly, without being party to continuing the discussion about the novice scammer on ebay. I thought that it would be pertinent news to the collecting community, but didn't believe that continuing discussion about a 0 feedback ebay seller would be of value.

Nick

Adding valuale informatoin about the ball is great. However, there's no need for you to add that the thread is useless.

Maybe I'm just getting to old and sensitive.

Regards, Tony

TNTtoys
08-10-2007, 10:01 AM
Tony,

Point taken. Yes, that was a poor choice of words. Saying that I don't want to give anymore undue attention this seller is one thing. Saying that the thread being "useless" is another.

Nick

metsbats
08-10-2007, 10:05 AM
I'd rather add to this thread than start another "useless" one (sorry Nick :) )

If you can't afford the ball you can buy the cap from the guy who caught it!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Barry-Bonds-756-Home-Run-Ball-SF-GIANTS-I-CAUGHTIT_W0QQitemZ290148373668QQihZ019QQcategoryZ2 5150QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

3arod13
08-10-2007, 10:07 AM
Tony,

Point taken. Yes, that was a poor choice of words. Saying that I don't want to give anymore undue attention this seller is one thing. Saying that the thread being "useless" is another.

Nick

Nick,

I commend and thank you for this response. I do understand what your point was to be.

Regards, Tony

skipcareyisfat
08-10-2007, 11:33 AM
I'd rather add to this thread than start another "useless" one (sorry Nick :) )

If you can't afford the ball you can buy the cap from the guy who caught it!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Barry-Bonds-756-Home-Run-Ball-SF-GIANTS-I-CAUGHTIT_W0QQitemZ290148373668QQihZ019QQcategoryZ2 5150QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It's hilarious that the guy's actually posting all of the crap people are emailing to him. Example:
Q: You have lost your damn mind you idiot!
A: Not being able to hold on to the ball has nothing to do with my intelligence and doesn't make me an idiot. There were alot of people on me!