PDA

View Full Version : Prince Fielder GU 2005 LS Uncracked bat

brianborsch
01-22-2006, 05:42 PM
I just bought a GU Bat Uncracked Prince Fielder bat stated to be from his 2005 stint with the Brewers. The bat shows some game use, it has his signature burned into it and it says Milwaukee Brewers on it. It is a Powerized LS with a 125 on it. His # 28 is on the bottom in sharpie. How can I actually tell if it is actually from his stint this past year with the Brew Crew?

I first doubted his minor league bats would be similar, but now this cracked bat for sale worries me, although I researched things and he never used the #28 at any stop in the minors. Just the bigs.

Ogden-#53
Beloit-#34
Huntsville-#37
Nashville-#66

Thinking about getting it authenticated at PSA. Any advice? Do you think I actually have a bat he used in his limited stint with the Crew in 2005?

brianborsch
01-22-2006, 06:06 PM
Sorry,

The Cracked Game Used bat that is causing concern for me is described in this posting below:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=928

I am pretty certain that the bat I have is authentic. I am going to check with Louisville Slugger on the records of Prince Fielder ordering this type of bat in 2005. It is model C 271 I believe.

mikedarrcollector
01-22-2006, 10:12 PM
when i was the batboy for the sound thi syear i noticed that fielder had a lasrge supply of c271 black louisville sluiggers with him when he came back from the major leagues..i also noticed that he used a lot of rickie weeks sam bats this year alsong with a few of trent durringtons rawlings natural bats.

brianborsch
01-22-2006, 11:57 PM
The bat I have is a blonde LS C271 with a little pine tar on it. It has his #28 on it. I am guessing that he used in the Majors as he did not ave the #28 anywhere else.

brianborsch
01-23-2006, 12:09 AM
The bat in this photo could be it:

http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/sports/brew/img/jun05/pf613.jpg

Or this one:

http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/images/2004/03/17/6XYb5D33.jpg

Other than that, not many pics ofhim with a blonde bat in the bigs....

mikedarrcollector
01-23-2006, 10:44 AM
you might also want to be aware that trent durrington wore number 28 in nashville and he used a few of fielders bats this year..i would compare how the 28 is written on the nob.

brianborsch
01-23-2006, 03:31 PM
compare with what?

mikedarrcollector
01-23-2006, 08:28 PM
compare with what?
durringtons bat nobs from this year..i dont really remember but this year i had a bat that was all black on the nob that was a natural bat and had 28 written very clearly and large..just 28.

brianborsch
01-24-2006, 09:22 AM
Mikedarrcollector,

Can you email (brianborsch@yahoo.com) pics of your bat along with a pic of Prince's # on the nob? I want to see how he wrote it and how big he wrote it. The #28 on the nob of my bat is not big. There is a little tape around the nob part only and believe it or not, there are a couple hairs(gross) in it and they look to be African American hairs as it is not straight. LOL Maybe I can get a DNA test done to see if it is Prince's! HAhahaha. No, seriously there are hairs though.

The guy I bought it from was also selling a game used Rickie Weeks bat. Oh and my Prince bat is autographed by Prince as well. Does any of this help my case? Maybe PSA will be able to find more and prove more.

Its not too heavy of game use as there is not much pine-tar on it but there is some use there for sure.

Anyways.....