PDA

View Full Version : Broadway Rick's - John Brodie jersey

smillard12
01-22-2006, 03:17 PM
Folks,

I am interested in learning the opinions of those on this board that have experience with 49er gamers from the 70's...specifically this John Brodie shirt from the early 70's which is offered in the current BRSZ auction http://www.kohlsgallery.com/janauction/images/Brodie49ersHomeJersey2.jpg

The jersey looks good to me but I'm hung up on the sizing, the Lampson COA states that although the tagging reads a size 42 it measures out to a more logical 44-46 and is most likely mis-tagged. Does this sound plausible? Thanks for the assistance.

Steve

both-teams-played-hard
01-22-2006, 05:09 PM
I assume the jersey was made by Wilson (maker of 49ers jerseys, 60s, early 70s). During this era, Wilson used "metric" sizing. This means a chest measurement would be almost 4 full inches bigger than the size tag. May be marked a 42, but measures 23 inches from armpit to armpit (size 46). Mr. Lampson is 100% correct! That doesn't authenticate the jersey, however.

smillard12
01-22-2006, 09:10 PM
I assume the jersey was made by Wilson (maker of 49ers jerseys, 60s, early 70s). During this era, Wilson used "metric" sizing. This means a chest measurement would be almost 4 full inches bigger than the size tag. May be marked a 42, but measures 23 inches from armpit to armpit (size 46). Mr. Lampson is 100% correct! That doesn't authenticate the jersey, however.

Thanks for the info and the caveat!

Steve