PDA

View Full Version : I would like your guys opinion...is this right??

XPFO
08-08-2007, 10:19 AM
I e-mailed an online memorabilia company just over a month ago, asking if they were getting in any game used jerseys of a certain player that they have an exclusive contract with. I was informed they would be getting them in in a week from the day I e-mailed and wanted to know if I would like to buy one for $1000. I said I most likely would but would like more details (ie..home/away, signed/unsigned) and see some pics before I part with my money. They said no problem...I checked back weekly until finally the jerseys arrived when the National was on. I was sent some pics and said I would take it but the new price was $1250. I told them I was quoted $1000 and asked if they would honor the price. I was politely informed that the player was now on a streak and that I was quoted that price a month ago.

I think this is real bad business. I understand people are entitled to sell there stuff for whatever they want, but I think this is ridiculous and now I am soured as to whether I should take the jersey or not. If the player was in a slump, would they have knocked off $250...I think not.

Vintagedeputy
08-08-2007, 10:35 AM
If the player took an 0 for 50 collar and struck out alot, would they lower the price to $850?

Move on my friend, they dont want your business. The fact that they wont honor the originally quoted price tells me that they arent someone I'd want to do business with.

worldchamps
08-08-2007, 10:36 AM
Wait until he has a 0-4 day and then call in and offer $750

If it is the same company that posts all their "exclusives" on this site, I would just hold off and someone is dumping their stuff on ebay.