PDA

View Full Version : Need help on Barry Bonds game-used hat

sfgiants452
01-20-2006, 09:43 PM
There is a local collectibles store that is selling a game-used hat of Barry Bonds. Before I buy an item I always investigate the tagging (like of a jersey) and look for specific clues that show, that the item is actually owned by the player. The only problem is I never really looked at hats. It shows some light use inside and has the number 25 written underneath the bill of the cap. I know there are hat experts out there and I hope they can answer these questions. Do you know what the tag looks like and what it says? Do you know Bonds' hat size? Is there any special thing that I should look for, that would verify that it was his hat? If you have any answers please post them or e-mail me at sfgiants452@yahoo.com.

THANKS

hippo916
01-20-2006, 10:49 PM
The tagging depends on the year. But between 1993 and 2001, Bonds wore a size 7 1/4 cap; I do not know what size he has worn since because I have no examples. Also, 1993 to 1996 Bonds caps may have Dick Dobbins' PURCHASED FROM SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS stamp on the sweatband, and include a COA from San Francisco Giants Memorabilia. Finally, the BP and regular game caps should have 25 written on the bill, and the 2001 alternate should have BB written in the crown. Of course, as always, there may be exceptions.

sfgiants452
01-20-2006, 10:58 PM
The size of the hat is 7 3/8. On the inside on the left it there is a tag that says authentic Diamond Collection and on the back inside of the hat it says New Era Major League Pro Model.