PDA

View Full Version : Fans in Boston...now is YOUR time!!

jon_8_us
07-30-2007, 04:31 PM
Celts just traded for Kevin Garnett,albeit for a lot but this makes them instant contenders.And the Sox are closing in on Jermaine Dye to shore up their BENCH(HA!).The best news is the Celts trade.I have waited a long time to see a contender in Bostons entry in the NBA so needless to say i am very excited.Granted we may have morgated the future but i'm sick of waiting and so is most of Boston.Any lineup that has Paul Pierce,Ray Allen,and Kevin Garnett(who also happens to be a lock 1st team all defensive)is gonna be fun to watch!
jon

jon_8_us
07-30-2007, 04:33 PM
Oh my god...did i forget to mention the Patriots????OOPSSS..
Brady
Moss
Stallworth
Maroney
Adalius Thomas(and the rest of the D)
Welker
Belichick
and so on and so forth
jon

worldchamps
07-31-2007, 02:26 PM
looks like you are about to add Gagne to that list

Re: Gagne too!
« Reply #2 on Today at 1:56pm »http://s2.images.proboards.com/buttons/quote.gif (http://texassiginfo.proboards60.com/index.cgi?board=texasrangersnews&action=post&thread=1185905950&quote=1185908179) Red Sox Close To Acquiring Gagne

UPDATE: Third player going to Texas, according to Buster Olney. That would be 17 year-old five-tool outfielder Engel Beltre.

According to Ken Rosenthal, the Red Sox are the winner of the Eric Gagne sweepstakes pending Gagne's consent and a review of medical records. Rosenthal says Gagne might share the closer role with Jonathan Papelbon; it would not be shocking to see Papelbon become the setup man for the rest of the year. That would be a hell of a 1-2 punch regardless and a huge asset for the playoffs.

Rosenthal says Kason Gabbard is one of the two players going to Texas in the deal. Jayson Stark thinks David Murphy is the other player, but it's far from confirmed. The Red Sox still need to talk to Gagne and Scott Boras.

matt
07-31-2007, 02:45 PM
As a San Francisco-based Boston sports fan, I am psyched. Maybe the Celts can return to their earlier form when I was a kid (70's-80's). I sure hope the sox do not revert to that form though! Hate to see Gabbard go, but Tavarez is too scary to depend on alone for set-up.

Question for Jon_8_US or others: What was your take on that Manny bat from ASI on eBay (item # 180142894814 sold yesterday). Looked damn unused and I asked ASI to tell me the length and describe any game use. They didn't respond at all, and I have noticed that most ASI "game used bats" look more like brand new bats with 2 ball marks. (Note the recent ASI Guerrero X-bat that sold for only $250).

Given all that, I passed and it sold for $500 plus. The auto was nice and PSA graded, but I thought the bat was questionable from my own (limited) experience. Maybe he took a few BP swipes, but it didn;t look like a real gamer. As you are the resident Manny bat expert, I am interested in your take. I also saw the Carolina Clubs Manny bat coming up...also lightly used, but looks more legit to me.

Matt

jon_8_us
07-31-2007, 03:34 PM
As a San Francisco-based Boston sports fan, I am psyched. Maybe the Celts can return to their earlier form when I was a kid (70's-80's). I sure hope the sox do not revert to that form though! Hate to see Gabbard go, but Tavarez is too scary to depend on alone for set-up.

Question for Jon_8_US or others: What was your take on that Manny bat from ASI on eBay (item # 180142894814 sold yesterday). Looked damn unused and I asked ASI to tell me the length and describe any game use. They didn't respond at all, and I have noticed that most ASI "game used bats" look more like brand new bats with 2 ball marks. (Note the recent ASI Guerrero X-bat that sold for only $250).

Given all that, I passed and it sold for $500 plus. The auto was nice and PSA graded, but I thought the bat was questionable from my own (limited) experience. Maybe he took a few BP swipes, but it didn;t look like a real gamer. As you are the resident Manny bat expert, I am interested in your take. I also saw the Carolina Clubs Manny bat coming up...also lightly used, but looks more legit to me.

Matt

The Carolina Clubs bat i actually bid on but i'm gonna decide to leave it alone as i just picked up a Sox one not to long ago.It's seems like a legit Indians Manny CC.As for the ASI bat....what a horrible pickup at that price.Bat was barely used if at all.And in my opinion that version of Manny's auto is his worst.I stay away from all Manny ASI stuff.And as for their customer service don't expect any when questioning use on Manny stuff.Hope that helps.
jon

jon_8_us
07-31-2007, 03:36 PM
looks like you are about to add Gagne to that list

Re: Gagne too!
« Reply #2 on Today at 1:56pm »http://s2.images.proboards.com/buttons/quote.gif (http://texassiginfo.proboards60.com/index.cgi?board=texasrangersnews&action=post&thread=1185905950&quote=1185908179) Red Sox Close To Acquiring Gagne

UPDATE: Third player going to Texas, according to Buster Olney. That would be 17 year-old five-tool outfielder Engel Beltre.

According to Ken Rosenthal, the Red Sox are the winner of the Eric Gagne sweepstakes pending Gagne's consent and a review of medical records. Rosenthal says Gagne might share the closer role with Jonathan Papelbon; it would not be shocking to see Papelbon become the setup man for the rest of the year. That would be a hell of a 1-2 punch regardless and a huge asset for the playoffs.

Rosenthal says Kason Gabbard is one of the two players going to Texas in the deal. Jayson Stark thinks David Murphy is the other player, but it's far from confirmed. The Red Sox still need to talk to Gagne and Scott Boras.

Papelbon sharing the closer role.....give me a break Buster!
jon

jon_8_us
07-31-2007, 08:13 PM
Wow

encinorick
07-31-2007, 08:47 PM
As Rick Pitino said, "Look, if you think McHale, Parrish, and Bird are gonna walk through that door, you are mistaken." Guess what, dude, Pitino was right. Three old guys, two with bad knees, one coming off surgery, the other played only 47 games last year are a powerhouse contender? Yeah, sure. Who's the point guard? Where's the bench? Most importantly, where's the defense? The dead, smelly corpse of Red is turning in his moist, worm-filled grave.:D

both-teams-played-hard
07-31-2007, 09:46 PM
The Celts will be as good as the Timberwolves were last year.

jon_8_us
08-01-2007, 06:52 AM
As Rick Pitino said, "Look, if you think McHale, Parrish, and Bird are gonna walk through that door, you are mistaken." Guess what, dude, Pitino was right. Three old guys, two with bad knees, one coming off surgery, the other played only 47 games last year are a powerhouse contender? Yeah, sure. Who's the point guard? Where's the bench? Most importantly, where's the defense? The dead, smelly corpse of Red is turning in his moist, worm-filled grave.:D

Listen..as a celtics fan that that last saw a relevant team when i was 8 this is pretty exciting.They have a very promising point guard in Rajon Rondo and a mid level exception that is rumored to be used to try to sign Chris Webber or Brevin Knight.They are not done yet.They have roster spots to fill still.Tell you what they are better than the Cavaliers.And i believe that Garnett is a 1st team all defensive year in and year out for the most part so thats a start right??
jon

encinorick
08-01-2007, 09:12 AM
There's the NBA, which is the Western Conference, and then there's the WNBA, which is the Eastern Conference. Let's be honest, even the Clippers would kill the Celtics, any place, any time. I almost had pity on you'ze guys, all that whining about Babe Ruth, the curse, boo-hoo, and Ben Affleck. Sorry dude, sleep your gentle little boy sleep, but these guys aren't the McHale, Parrish and Bird. You didn't steal anything from that knucklehead McHale, they are old and diseased. Besides, my new friend, the Lakers killed the C's in the 1980's and won 5 rings to the C's mere 3. The C's are as dead as Red.:p

jon_8_us
08-01-2007, 11:10 AM
There's the NBA, which is the Western Conference, and then there's the WNBA, which is the Eastern Conference. Let's be honest, even the Clippers would kill the Celtics, any place, any time. I almost had pity on you'ze guys, all that whining about Babe Ruth, the curse, boo-hoo, and Ben Affleck. Sorry dude, sleep your gentle little boy sleep, but these guys aren't the McHale, Parrish and Bird. You didn't steal anything from that knucklehead McHale, they are old and diseased. Besides, my new friend, the Lakers killed the C's in the 1980's and won 5 rings to the C's mere 3. The C's are as dead as Red.:p

Your jargon about little boy sleep is tired bro.Do you know how to have an honest debate without delving into insults and bull**** ramblings?Anyhow what are the Lakers gonna do this year?If you want to make an honest bet with me that the Celtics do better than your tired Lakers please email me and we will make it happen.I'm game are you???
jon

encinorick
08-01-2007, 11:38 AM
You want me to bet? With you? Who do you think I am, a NBA ref? It's interesting that around this time of the year you Boston guys get so "puffy and confident, it's almost as if you live in New York or some such place. I like you so much better when you're depressed and weepy. Danny Ainge and Kevin McHale, Jerry Mahoney and Knucklehead (look them up on Google, my young sleepy boy), learned at the knee of Red, who's still dead. Yeah sure. What say you T-wolve fans? What a great deal for y'all. Sad and pathetic. You can always move to Southern California like the Lakers. The OC needs a NBA team. The Anaheim Ducks and the Anaheim/Los Angeles Angels and now the Anaheim T-wolves, sounds good, yes? The Lakers, by the way, still have room to move and wouldn't be pushed into a bad deal like the C's. :p

jon_8_us
08-01-2007, 12:00 PM
You want me to bet? With you? Who do you think I am, a NBA ref? It's interesting that around this time of the year you Boston guys get so "puffy and confident, it's almost as if you live in New York or some such place. I like you so much better when you're depressed and weepy. Danny Ainge and Kevin McHale, Jerry Mahoney and Knucklehead (look them up on Google, my young sleepy boy), learned at the knee of Red, who's still dead. Yeah sure. What say you T-wolve fans? What a great deal for y'all. Sad and pathetic. You can always move to Southern California like the Lakers. The OC needs a NBA team. The Anaheim Ducks and the Anaheim/Los Angeles Angels and now the Anaheim T-wolves, sounds good, yes? The Lakers, by the way, still have room to move and wouldn't be pushed into a bad deal like the C's. :p

Just like i thought.No balls.I'm ready when you want to put your money(or game used) where your mouth is.You still haven't answered my question about what the sad sack Lakers are gonna do this year.......:D
jon

encinorick
08-01-2007, 12:53 PM
Interstate gambling is illegal, ask the FBI. So, too, is dog fighting (ask Mr. Vick) and driving an auto drunk (ask Paris Hilton and the whole Cincinnati Bengal team). I hope you're not asking me to do those things, too. Now, let's think about this. How strong to feel about your geriatric men in Green? Think they'll win a NBA Championship, or just a WNBA Championship (i.e., Eastern Conference)? Lebron won a WNBA Championship last year, and he look kinda silly in the NBA Championship. (Like a little girl, I thought.) To do so, your old green men have to win against either the Spurs, or the Suns, or the Rockets, or the Clippers, etc. Get my point? Before we get off half-cocked (like whiny old Danny boy), what say you about a gentleman's agreement regarding the C's vs. the West. If the C's are a true NBA Championship team (in LA we only hang up Championship pennants, not all that other crap you hang from the rafters) they should have a winning record against the West, right? If you win, I'll paint my ass green. Now if I win, you have to come out here and I'll give you a private tour of Ted Williams frozen body and head. By the way, the head and the body are in different locations so we'll have to drive, ok? :cool:

jon_8_us
08-01-2007, 03:32 PM
Interstate gambling is illegal, ask the FBI. So, too, is dog fighting (ask Mr. Vick) and driving an auto drunk (ask Paris Hilton and the whole Cincinnati Bengal team). I hope you're not asking me to do those things, too. Now, let's think about this. How strong to feel about your geriatric men in Green? Think they'll win a NBA Championship, or just a WNBA Championship (i.e., Eastern Conference)? Lebron won a WNBA Championship last year, and he look kinda silly in the NBA Championship. (Like a little girl, I thought.) To do so, your old green men have to win against either the Spurs, or the Suns, or the Rockets, or the Clippers, etc. Get my point? Before we get off half-cocked (like whiny old Danny boy), what say you about a gentleman's agreement regarding the C's vs. the West. If the C's are a true NBA Championship team (in LA we only hang up Championship pennants, not all that other crap you hang from the rafters) they should have a winning record against the West, right? If you win, I'll paint my ass green. Now if I win, you have to come out here and I'll give you a private tour of Ted Williams frozen body and head. By the way, the head and the body are in different locations so we'll have to drive, ok? :cool:

I got to hand it to you my new west coast friend you are a funny guy....really.I never said anything about an NBA title yet.Eastern Conference sure.But given that the Celts haven't been relevant since 86 i'll take it...for now.As for your crazy idea that we hang anything but championship banners from our rafters i invite you to look at the picture i have submitted with this post.All Championship banners...16 in all plus some retired numbers.Lets see the Forums(Staples center) banners....not as many i suspect.I will take your bet but paint my ass yellow if the Lakers win a championship before the Celts do.Agreed?Pictures must be made for proof.:eek:
jon

encinorick
08-01-2007, 05:38 PM
Championships is all we care about in LA, a modest and humble group of guys. Y'all had a nice run, but Red is dead and so is the head of Ted. A drunken Buss is still better than a small, pouty Danny, so the game isn't over until it's.... It's the Lakers' move, no doubt. Let's see what happens, my new best buddy. I still can hear the chants of "Kobe, Kobe" from last year at the Boston Garden, and we may still hear them this year. McHale and Danny boy should be embarrassed by their preformance, shameful. They can't hold Jerry West's jock. Three small, but important, words: "Bucky F*cking Dent." Let's keep in touch, best regards. ;)

jon_8_us
08-01-2007, 07:15 PM
Championships is all we care about in LA, a modest and humble group of guys. Y'all had a nice run, but Red is dead and so is the head of Ted. A drunken Buss is still better than a small, pouty Danny, so the game isn't over until it's.... It's the Lakers' move, no doubt. Let's see what happens, my new best buddy. I still can hear the chants of "Kobe, Kobe" from last year at the Boston Garden, and we may still hear them this year. McHale and Danny boy should be embarrassed by their preformance, shameful. They can't hold Jerry West's jock. Three small, but important, words: "Bucky F*cking Dent." Let's keep in touch, best regards. ;)

I admire you for the fact that you are everything i hate in a sports fan LOL!If i lived in LA and was brought up on the teams you were i would say the same thing.So i'll save the venom and just know that you couldn't have more of a polar opposite out there.Take care bud;)
jon

TFig27
08-01-2007, 07:42 PM
ok, i could care less about basketball, but i skimmed over your posts

and here's one thing a boston/red sox fan cannot do: bring up past championships.

when red sox fans talk about 2004, yankee fans bring up 26 world championships.

then red sox fans say stop living in the past.