PDA

View Full Version : Phillies Charity Auction At Game On Friday Night

geoff
07-28-2007, 11:39 PM
I drove from Baltimore to Phillie to see the Phillies play against the Pirates last night and when I got there they where having a Charity Silent Auction of Signed and Game Used Items.
They had 4 Game Used Jerseys.Nothing cool except a Ryan Madsen Gamer that I had a little interest in but then I saw the Game Used Bats.
I saw A Chase Utley and Rowand and Victorino that I wanted.They also had A few Ryan Howard items but the only Used thing was a Name Plate of his.
The auction for 3 Hours and there was alot of people picking up swinging the bats around which I foung odd that the Workers would let people do that because most of the Bats were Cracked.
I waited til the last few minutes go back to the table.I took my spot in front of the Shane Victorino bat because that was the one I wanted because it was Autographed and had a ton of use with and was MLB Authenticated.

geoff
07-28-2007, 11:48 PM
It was me and another Guy bidding on the bat and with about a minute left the other guy put in his final bid.So with 10 Seconds left I put the last Bid and won the Victorino Signed Game Used Bat.
The bat is sweet looking and even has a Blue mark from the MLB BALL.
The Tar is still very Stickey like it was just used a few days ago.But they could not tell me when he did use the bat.
I would like to hear if anyone did a Auction like this and What happened.

Thanks for Reading my little story.

Geoff

B1SON
07-29-2007, 12:43 AM
Congrats on the pick up Geoff! ;)

bubbrubb25
07-29-2007, 11:05 AM
I was there!!!!! I won the Carlos Ruiz game used signed bat.....I was going to bid on the Victorino bat because I reached my limit on the Rowand bat but didnt bid....were you the guy with the backpack? Did you hear that guy who won the raffle for the signed chase utley bat yelling who's your daddy?

geoff
07-29-2007, 01:59 PM
I was the guy with the Blue backpack on standing in front of the Victorino ClipBoard.Did I talk to you about the Rowand bat because I was Talking to the Guy next to me about that bat.If not I would have liked to meet a member and talk for a few minutes.
Did you see people picking up the bats swinging them.
I went and paid for the Victorino bat then went back to my seat and did not see the Howard and Utley Drawing but did buy 6 tickets for that.

geoff
07-29-2007, 02:04 PM
2 workers came up to me after the auction and told me that I got the best looking bat.
I guess you did like the Victorino.
What color and brand is the Ruiz I walked past that one but don't remember because I knew what bat I wanted and really did not pay attention to the others they had.

bubbrubb25
07-29-2007, 02:12 PM
No I didnt talk to you but I rember seeing you standing in front of the clipboard....did you have a cell phone in your hand and someone said are you gonna bid or what or something like that because you were standing in front of it and you said im about to? But i dont know if that was you they were talking to but I do rember seeing you standing with the backpack you might have talked with my dad..... the Ruiz bat is a zinger its black and tan.

bubbrubb25
07-29-2007, 02:20 PM
And when I went to pick up my bat after I paid for it... and they had a signed Carlos Ruiz bat that wasnt game used.... and they had a Carlos Ruiz signed game used bat and they gave the lady who won the non game used bat the game used one so when I picked it up they said they gave the wrong one to that lady so they called her and thank god she brang it back...... she paid $140 for the non game used one and I paid $135 for the game used one.:D

geoff
07-29-2007, 02:33 PM
I did have a cell phone in my hand but I don't remember anyone asking me if I was going to bid or not.Was your bat cracked mine has a little crack on the handle.
Did you bid on the Victorino bat at all.

bubbrubb25
07-29-2007, 03:42 PM
yeh its cracked i was planning on bidding on the victorino bat but didnt.

skyliner59
07-29-2007, 03:54 PM
Hi, do you know what GU jerseys were sold at the auction as I was not able to attend. Was up at the HOF. Thanks

dcrules01
07-29-2007, 04:10 PM
Nice guys you have any pics???

geoff
07-30-2007, 02:24 AM
I can post a few pics of the Victorino bat later this week.And The only Jersey I do remember is the Madsen Game Used Jersey.

geoff
07-30-2007, 02:27 AM
bubbrubb What is your email I might have a few things that you might want.Also Do you still have the Victorino Jersey.And is it available.

Thanks Geoff

bubbrubb25
07-30-2007, 10:17 AM
my email is dannysubach@yahoo.com