PDA

View Full Version : Another "find" of possible Game Used Memorabilia (3 items)

apujols04
01-20-2006, 12:09 PM
For those of you who do not believe I am trying to authenticate "bad" items as possible game issueds or game used. I have come across 3 more items. i know nothing about any of them. Any interested parties opinions would be great.

apujols04
01-20-2006, 12:10 PM
Mets

apujols04
01-20-2006, 12:12 PM
Pants (not sure which team)

apujols04
01-20-2006, 12:13 PM
LA Rams Jacket I think

apujols04
01-20-2006, 12:24 PM
these are all the pics I have. If anyone has an idea of what players these belonged to based on the era, please let me know. I am willing to paypal if necessary for for an honest LOA/L.O.O. WHICH IS BASED based on true FACTS AND RESEARCH if there are any experts on this forum who perform authentication of a genre of one of these items. Especially if a photo match (not the exact jersey or uniform) of the exact syle and era based on the writing on the items can be found. I don't know where to start.

both-teams-played-hard
01-20-2006, 12:40 PM
The "Mets" jersey is a minor league shirt...road grey with "Mets" instead of "New York" on front. Still, a really nice jersey! Goodman is TOP quality! At first glance, the "RAMS" jacket looks good...check the initials on the Rams' website!
Congrats!

apujols04
01-20-2006, 01:06 PM
The "Mets" jersey is a minor league shirt...road grey with "Mets" instead of "New York" on front. Still, a really nice jersey! Goodman is TOP quality! At first glance, the "RAMS" jacket looks good...check the initials on the Rams' website!
Congrats!

Thanks

Any idea what year range I am looking for based on the style of the rams jacket?

Eric
01-20-2006, 01:23 PM
Here is a photo of Ray Malavasi (Rams head coach from 78-82) listted on getty as a photo from 1980

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/51454673.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=6EF1572BEF5BC1097F13F513127A4C95

Eric
01-20-2006, 01:33 PM
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/51454740.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=6EF1572BEF5BC109916BC52A466D2B07

apujols04
01-20-2006, 01:35 PM
From Super Bowl XIV? Thanks Eric, you beat me to the post. But thinks for the pic too because I wasn't sure if Getty has a problem with using their pics. Wouldn't that be a piece of history for a Rams fan to own if the pic is the jacket I am showing?

From the same source as the Musial, Bradshaw, Staubach, Unitas, and Billy Martin jerseys. By the way, major auction house bidders will see some of the previous 5 jerseys as major auction house featured items and other items.

apujols04
01-20-2006, 02:51 PM
#14 for the Phillies was Pete Rose if these are indeed Phillies pants, but the photos I saw have the maroon in the middle. maybe it is from another team. Kind of cool. I would love to hear an opinion on what years the Mets jersey dates back to. 70's or earlier? or 80's? If its minor league it could potentially be a star player.

stlbats
01-21-2006, 12:04 AM
I believe the pants are Cincinnatti Reds pants somewhere around 1989-1990 era. See the getty pic below. Some more research could determine who the #14 is.

Jason

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/52233747.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1939847EC77F5F8D1CE12100622D8A63919

apujols04
01-21-2006, 12:18 AM
Thanks for the info. Check out this photo of Pete Rose in during his final season before being suspended. Was he #14 as a manager I wonder.

291?

apujols04
01-21-2006, 12:29 AM
pic of pete rose during his last season playing from getty images. I guess i answered my own question. I forgot he was a manager/player during his last years. I was only 8 years old then.

Eric
01-21-2006, 09:45 AM
From the same source as the Musial, Bradshaw, Staubach, Unitas, and Billy Martin jerseys. By the way, major auction house bidders will see some of the previous 5 jerseys as major auction house featured items and other items.

Can you please explain exactly what you mean here? Are these items in your possession or have you seen them in current auctions?
Eric

apujols04
01-22-2006, 08:50 PM
I mean that 4 of the mentioned jerseys will be up for sale in an upcoming major auction. An auction house who specifically told me that YOU, Eric, are one of their regular bidders. The Bradshaw and Staubach were authenticated as being "game" jerseys. The Unitas as being "issued" I belive, and the Martin as being a signed jersey.

These 3 new items are from the same source as the last 5 jerseys. They are not in any auctions yet.

Eric
01-22-2006, 09:54 PM
I mean that 4 of the mentioned jerseys will be up for sale in an upcoming major auction. An auction house who specifically told me that YOU, Eric, are one of their regular bidders.

Why would they possibly tell you that?
Am I missing something?
Eric

apujols04
01-22-2006, 11:19 PM
Why would they possibly tell you that?
Am I missing something?
Eric
Sorry, I should have excluded the word "regular." An company representative DID tell me that you, Eric, have bid with their auction house. This came up when I told them that people on this forum, including yourself by thanking the Lelands guy for posting about my jerseys being bad, have attempted to discredit my jerseys. I told them they better be sure the authentication was correct.

***INFLAMMATORY COMMENTS REMOVED. PLEASE LOOK AT THE FORUM RULES OR YOU WILL FACE SUSPENSION***

Now I am being told by the auction house which will feature these 2 jerseys in their next auction that 2 major authenticators of g/u equiptment have authenticated my Bradshaw and Staubach as game issued/or used. I am not sure of the details after that, but I do know that the Staubach jersey has supposedly even been style photo matched from a 1974 photo before his sleeves were always cut. I guess we will see if my jerseys truly go for big money after they have been questioned on this site but possibly proven to be very likely game issued and/or game worn jerseys. another user suggested that if jerseys are questioned but hold up, it only makes them more atttractive. For those of you who said there was no such thing as a dirty black bradshaw jersey, please remember he did play in a black jersey in rain and puddles in a 1970's NFC Championship. An SI cover proves this and his sleeves in the photo appear to not have the extra length.

Eric, to answer your question. I was told the info I was told after voicing my concerns about my jerseys being "trashed" on this site. I was told that you bid on their auctions and that you do would likely not think that the auction house was trying to scam anyone. I was also told that the authenticators are very good and they will back up thier opinions--AKA--put their money where their mouth is regarding the authentication of both of my jerseys. We all know there are some dang rude individuals on this who post on this forum. Thanks to those of you of this site who believed that maybe I did have game issued or worn jerseys and who did not think I was a scam artist. I was just lucky to find these before I did any research or knew what they were..

trsent
01-22-2006, 11:44 PM
Funny, everyone always assumes when something is being questioned that the seller is knowingly selling something they created or doctored themselves.

Eric
01-22-2006, 11:52 PM
Which auction house was it?

apujols04
01-23-2006, 01:17 AM
Funny, everyone always assumes when something is being questioned that the seller is knowingly selling something they created or doctored themselves.

trsent, are you including me in everyone? Everyone stands for everyone, or at least is should. I am wondering if you think that I am doing something wrong, or if you are talking about the people who specifically attacked me and my reputation? Please clarify your comments they are more clear in regards to this exact discussion. I appreciate your input either way.

apujols04
01-23-2006, 01:25 AM
Which auction house was it?

If you don't mind I would rather wait until the auction mailing and distribution is finished in the next month or so. If you are a bidder, then I am sure you are on the mailing list. I await your opinion regarding the item descriptions of my four jerseys which I consigned. I am playing no role in the item descriptions or the authentication, other than supplying any VISUAL evidence I was able to find on the internet. From what I hear, the Bradshaw and Staubach are Top 10 lots in the Featured Section. I made no claims as to who my source was for the jerseys, so the 2-3 authenticators made all the calls. Props to Lou Lampson for finding visual evidence of a sleeve style which was being questioned on this forum. Also included in the same auction is the A's autographed Billy Martin jersey (if it passes PSA/DNA) and the supposed "game style" or "authentic replica" Unitas Colts jersey. I have not heard the complete results but it is maybe at least a $500 item. These were 4of the 5 items I first acquired. I now have the next 3 items which are pictured in this thread. They are from the same source as my last 5 jerseys. I should have better scans soon, and hopefully they will be authenticated yes or no in a few weeks.

apujols04
01-23-2006, 01:32 AM
This way, the authenticators and the auction house will be expected to back up their decisions if necessary.

both-teams-played-hard
01-23-2006, 01:45 AM
Props to Lou Lampson

Doesn't Lou Lampson work for American Memorabilia?

Of all the authenticators out there, Lou Lampson is one of them.

trsent
01-23-2006, 03:03 AM
trsent, are you including me in everyone? Everyone stands for everyone, or at least is should. I am wondering if you think that I am doing something wrong, or if you are talking about the people who specifically attacked me and my reputation? Please clarify your comments they are more clear in regards to this exact discussion. I appreciate your input either way.

I was speaking in general. I do not know if I was defending you or not, I was making a general comment. I do not know you personally, I just was making a broad statement that when something comes back with issues, too many people assume the seller created the work them self.

Do not get offended, I am not looking for trouble.

Eric
01-23-2006, 09:08 AM
I would appreciate knowing which auction house mentioned I buy from them. You can post it here or email it to me at ecky3@aol.com
Thanks
Eric

soxbats
01-23-2006, 12:26 PM
So let me get this straight, a few moths ago a user comes on board and posts a number of pictures asking if jerseys are authentic. Forum members do research, post pictures, and give extensive feedback.

User is not happy with the comments, now described as "trashing" the jerseys, and goes to auction house to sell items. User tells auction house that some on this forum questioned the authenticity of the jerseys. User is allegedly told that the items will be certified by its authenticators as game issued/used. (I won't even dip a toe into the distinction between game "issued" and game "used"). Auction house also allegedly reveals confidential information about a bidder in an apparent confusing effort to undermine the board comments (WOW!!).

What am I missing here? After asking, I repeat ASKING, for opinions the user now has a problem with the answers. OK, fine, even the best authenticators can disagree. I hope that the authenticators at the auction house take the time to review the board comments before authenticating and do a thorough job in the authentication process. But, having complained about previous treatment, why come back with new jerseys and new questions?? I respectfully suggest that the good efforts of the members with expertise are better spent on questions other than those raised by this user.

both-teams-played-hard
01-23-2006, 01:18 PM
I respectfully suggest that the good efforts of the members with expertise are better spent on questions other than those raised by this user.

It is impossible for me to agree more. I am guilty of fanning the flames and fueling the fire. What can I say-I enjoy a good train wreck.

apujols04
01-23-2006, 01:41 PM
So let me get this straight, a few moths ago a user comes on board and posts a number of pictures asking if jerseys are authentic. Forum members do research, post pictures, and give extensive feedback.

MY REPLY: Yes, there was feedback given but keep in mind that some said the jerseys were legit and others said no way. I would say it was around 50/50 to 60/40.*****

User is not happy with the comments, now described as "trashing" the jerseys, and goes to auction house to sell items.

MY REPLY: WRONG! "trashing" includes the attacks on the jerseys and myself as an individual. This includes someone going as far as calling me white trash for believing these jerseys may be game issued or game used. I got to the auction house to sell the items because it means I will receive FREE authentication opinions from PSA/DNA, Lampson and (you will see soon) instead of paying over $2500 for the 12 total opinions, do you understand that much?********

User tells auction house that some on this forum questioned the authenticity of the jerseys. User is allegedly told that the items will be certified by its authenticators as game issued/used.

MY REPLY: WOW, you are reaching now! I told the auction house before and after the authentication services were rendered that SOME self proclaimed experts were doubting the authenticity of my jerseys. The auction house representatives said that the authenticators must look at the jerseys and do research on them before I could be sure that people on this forum were not just trying to disprove them as game jerseys but also trying to buy/purchase/or trade for them after that (this did end up happening MULTIPLE times to me via this site). A month and a half later after sending the auction house the jerseys, I was told that the Bradshaw and Staubach had passed authentication from Lou Lampson & another major authentication service. In addition, I was told that one of the 2 major jerseys had even been style photo matched by Mr. Lou Lampson.************

(I won't even dip a toe into the distinction between game "issued" and game "used"). Auction house also allegedly reveals confidential information about a bidder in an apparent confusing effort to undermine the board comments (WOW!!).

MY REPLY: If this was the NBA, you would be fouled out already for the number of reaches you have made. Move your feet, don't reach. Keep in mind that it is not always easy to tell for sure if a game issued item was ever actually used or worn. I guess we will see how the authenticators described the items. As far as the "apparent effort to undermine board comments," not a fair statement. The comments were made to me only AFTER the authenticators had done the research on the jerseys, (they did not call the Unitas jersey game used) and the auction house wanted me to know that I did not need to worry about the doubters on this board. I guess they figure that the doubters may be wrong as two different authenticators passed the jerseys.**********

What am I missing here? After asking, I repeat ASKING, for opinions the user now has a problem with the answers.

MY REPLY: My only problem, which trsent obviously agrees with is that I was personally attacked for even posting pictures of the jerseys and thinking they may be the real deal. Some assumed right away that I was a scam artis and that I was maybe doctoring the jerseys. Go back and read the posts if your curiosity is raging.*********

OK, fine, even the best authenticators can disagree. I hope that the authenticators at the auction house take the time to review the board comments before authenticating and do a thorough job in the authentication process.

MY REPLY: Who are you????? Do you not realize that the auction house does not do the authenticating. They outsource that job and spend thousands of dollars to do so. They are on top of the authenticators making sure the correct conclusions are drawn. Their reputation can depend on that. Keep in mind that companies such as MEARS will buy back a jersey if they are wrong so they do the research. Why should they have to come on this board and read te board comments when they hear so many stories about users trying to scam other users by saying a good jersey is bad, and then tring to buy it for cheap.***********

But, having complained about previous treatment, why come back with new jerseys and new questions??

MY REPLY: Because I still appreciate the nice people on this board who actually lend a helping hand. the doubters who are rude and make personal attacks can climb a tree for all I am concerned.*******

I respectfully suggest that the good efforts of the members with expertise are better spent on questions other than those raised by this user.

MY REPLY: And I respectfully comment that you should worry about yourself instead of worrying about what I do and what the "experts" do. It is not your business who replies to what posts. You don't know me and you don't know my intentions. I respect this forum and most of the users. It is a great site and I will post whatever I want to and whatever pics I want to until Eric or another moderator says otherwise. I respectfully ask that you be and act like a grown man and mind YOUR business. Peace.****
Thanks!

apujols04
01-23-2006, 01:50 PM
It is impossible for me to agree more. I am guilty of fanning the flames and fueling the fire. What can I say-I enjoy a good train wreck.
I would not expect even one more ounce of class than what you show here. Are you not the one who told another forum member that the Bradshaw did indeed look like it was at least a game issued 70's Steelers jersey. You were one of the rude doubters and I hope that the authenticators proved some of your rude posts wrong. If you have a problem with my pics and posts, don't reply. You must be at least a little curious as to if my stuff if the real deal or you would not be replying to my posts so often.

apujols04
01-23-2006, 01:52 PM
B.T.P.H. -- So are you also saying that the 3 items I posted at the beginning of this thread are probably fakes as well??

apujols04
01-23-2006, 01:55 PM
I would appreciate knowing which auction house mentioned I buy from them. You can post it here or email it to me at ecky3@aol.com
Thanks
Eric
You will know in a month. You get their mailing I assume so just wait. It was going to be crazy anyway ever since I made my first post on this forum, so lets wait until the auction book is printed and distributed before i give anyone, including yourself, any ammo to try to unfairly get any of my items pulled. The wider the distribution, the more fun this will be watching if the authentication holds up 100% and if the jerseys go for big money. I hope the authenticators and the auction house prevail, and they end up being right regarding the authenticity of these jerseys.

Eric
01-23-2006, 01:55 PM
APujols4

I sent you an email. Please respond.
Eric

apujols04
01-23-2006, 01:57 PM
APujols4

Eric
To my forum email address? I don't have the premium membership so it is not letting me log into my messages on this forum.

both-teams-played-hard
01-23-2006, 01:58 PM
If this was the NBA, you would be fouled out already for the number of reaches you have made. Move your feet, don't reach.

Pujols
Do you write your own material or do you have an "in-house" staff?

apujols04
01-23-2006, 02:07 PM
Pujols
Do you write your own material or do you have an "in-house" staff?

Both-teams-play-hard,

Do you linger here all day just praying you can try to prove you know a little bit after someone posts a pic. Is it better than sex?--trying to prove why every item you don't personally own has "problems?" You make the whole thing a sport. Is it because you probably never actually excelled in a sport past high school so you make being a doubting Thomas into a sport instead? i hope I am improving your quality of life with my posts.

both-teams-played-hard
01-23-2006, 02:10 PM
Are you not the one who told another forum member that the Bradshaw did indeed look like it was at least a game issued 70's Steelers jersey.

Yes. I am not the one. Hasn't this auction house asked you to shut up yet? You are destroying the mystery of your jerseys!

trsent
01-23-2006, 02:14 PM
Ok, this is getting out of hand.

Eric wants to know which auction house you claim told you that Eric is a bidder in their auctions, and you have ignored his request and dodged his questions. The auction house was out of line, because bidders should not be discussed by name with other customers - That is common sense.

You come here looking for help, and you don't like that people took time to try to help you. Get over it, some of the people on here will take hours of their day looking to help photo-match an item you are asking for help with - And if you don't like what they found, take the item to an auction house for them to authenticate because maybe they know more than some of us on here do.

What do you want from the users of this forum? Really, email Eric directly and drop this crap already!

Eric, I would suggest it is time to lock this thread - It is going no-where anymore but a stupid pissing match.

apujols04
01-23-2006, 02:22 PM
Ok, this is getting out of hand.

Eric wants to know which auction house you claim told you that Eric is a bidder in their auctions, and you have ignored his request and dodged his questions. The auction house was out of line, because bidders should not be discussed by name with other customers - That is common sense.

You come here looking for help, and you don't like that people took time to try to help you. Get over it, some of the people on here will take hours of their day looking to help photo-match an item you are asking for help with - And if you don't like what they found, take the item to an auction house for them to authenticate because maybe they know more than some of us on here do.

What do you want from the users of this forum? Really, email Eric directly and drop this crap already!

Eric, I would suggest it is time to lock this thread - It is going no-where anymore but a stupid pissing match.

Eric needs to leave me an email address, as I said I cannot get into my G.U.U. account. Also, Eric was not mentioned by name by the auction house. They said that they only know of a few people of this site who bid with them and that one of the bidders is the man on this site. I knew who this wasright away.

B.T.P.H.--what do you mean by the "mystery?"

Eric, please post your email address in this thread, and then I will email you me email address. We can discuss this then.

apujols04
01-23-2006, 02:29 PM
Also, the reason for the auction house talking about this site and the bidder is that I was telling them how this site is being to used to discredit me. Obviously, this is all hanging on the accuracy of the authenticators opinions. The auction house did the right thing in telling a consignor who has given them maybe up to $100,000 worth of items that they will go to bat for me if my jerseys are proven to be the real deal. They wanted to let me know that not EVERYONE on this forum was going to be thinking that myself and/or the auction house are a bunch of scam artists.

BTPH, do not assume that the only people bidding high dollars on the jerseys use this forum. The mystery will remain with the majority of the bidders.

both-teams-played-hard
01-23-2006, 02:30 PM
An auction house who specifically told me that YOU, Eric, are one of their regular bidders.

Pujols
There is a "DELETE" button. You can go back to previous posts and "alter" history!

apujols04
01-23-2006, 02:32 PM
Pujols
There is a "DELETE" button. You can go back to previous posts and "alter" history!

They did not name him by name but by implication. They probably did not know I would know who they were talking about. I overheard something, and right away knew it was Eric they were talking about.

apujols04
01-23-2006, 02:46 PM
APujols4

Eric

Eric, I checked the only email address I had listed here: utahjazzfan8@hotmail.com.

You did NOT send me any email. I am not dodging anything. Rest assured you were not named by name by the auction house. However, the conversation I overheard made it clear they were talking about you. I do not think they had any clue I even heard what they said until I asked them about it. Their silence answered my question. No reason to be mad at them. Didyou expect them to be rude to someone who has consigned such a high value worth of memorabilia to them. Especially when they get 32.5% when its all said and done.

Eric
01-23-2006, 03:05 PM
To my forum email address? I don't have the premium membership so it is not letting me log into my messages on this forum.

APujols4-
You story about the auction house changes every time. I want you to email me with the accurate story. It went from something that was told to you that mentioned me specifically, to something you overheard about me, to something you overheard which didn't mention me by name.

Earlier in the thread I posted my email address ecky3@aol.com
I would like an email response to thie ASAP.
Eric

Eric
01-23-2006, 03:11 PM
Both-teams-play-hard,

Do you linger here all day just praying you can try to prove you know a little bit after someone posts a pic. Is it better than sex?--trying to prove why every item you don't personally own has "problems?" You make the whole thing a sport. Is it because you probably never actually excelled in a sport past high school so you make being a doubting Thomas into a sport instead? i hope I am improving your quality of life with my posts.

This is in violation of the rules of the forum. Everyone involved in this bickering has been warned. I shouldn't have to lock threads. If I have to tell anyone to stop again, I'll assume you don't want to follow the rules of the forum and you will be suspended.
Eric

soxbats
01-23-2006, 03:34 PM
I guess I asked for it by posting. However, I found the response absolutely hilarious, particularly the point counterpoint stuff. It amazes me that a simple summary can be dissected so thoroughly and completely . . . wrong.

Let me make it as simple and straightforward as possible (and then I am taking the advice of Joel A. above). It does not matter whether the Jerseys are real or fake. It does not matter that an auction house has decided to list them. It does not matter whether they claim, you claim or anyone claims they will be authenticated. Best of luck in all that.

You came to the board, you asked for opinions and you got them. Now take a moment, breathe deep, be calm, and go back and look at what you wrote when you offered them to the forum. Objectively, did you tell a clear story about how the jerseys were acquired? Did that story remain consistent? Did you answer questions from others clearly? The answer to all of these is no.

My problem is not with the jerseys, the authenticators, or the descriptions. It is with the not so subtle shot at the "whole board" and the direct attack on Eric. (Oh wait, the last few posts suggest that it may not have been a direct attack after all, just a mistake, a misunderstanding, something overheard). You got the benefit of free and extensive opinion, good and bad. You are the better for it.

I respectfully make two suggestions: (1) don't tell a narrative about the jerseys (like "ANOTHER "FIND" OF POSSIBLE GAME USED JERSEYS), just describe the jerseys and post pictures. This will present a decreased potential for ridicule. If povenance becomes an issue later, try to tell a short clear story. (2) Wait at least a half hour before responding to a post that upsets you. I call this a "cooling off period" that allows calm and coherent response.

Best of luck on your auctions, I look forward to the discussion of the items on this board.

aaron1050
01-23-2006, 05:41 PM
Eric... Rest assured you were not named by name by the auction house. However, the conversation I overheard made it clear they were talking about you. I do not think they had any clue I even heard what they said until I asked them about it. Their silence answered my question.
***** AS PER FORUM RULES:

"No Personal Attacks. Do not harass, belittle, threaten or “flame” another member. Do not call other members names, even in jest. You may dispute opinions and facts, but do so with facts and not by taking it to a personal level. This forum is intended to operate in a positive environment. Please help us achieve that goal."

This rule applies to unnecessary accusations against organizations as well as members. Please do make posts which attack others or accuse based on assumptions.

Eric
01-23-2006, 06:03 PM
**** Post rescinded so parties are not identified with unnecessary accusations.

trsent
01-23-2006, 06:46 PM
There we go again, when you don't like something, just blame ***.

Fellow members of this great forum, please stop pinning everything on *** or *** without proof. Speculation killed the cat and this is just not fair.

...and no, I do not work for ***** I just know what is fair and Aaron's comments pinning this on **** are not fair at this time of the discussion.

Hello Joel-

I edited your post since the names were removed from the original post and I think it is best to remove the names here as well.

Please see the original post and let me know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
Christopher Cavalier
CEO - Game Used Universe

aaron1050
01-23-2006, 07:43 PM
There we go again, when you don't like something, just blame ***.

Fellow members of this great forum, please stop pinning everything on *** or *** without proof. Speculation killed the cat and this is just not fair.

...and no, I do not work for ***** I just know what is fair and Aaron's comments pinning this on **** are not fair at this time of the discussion.

Hello Joel-

I edited your post since the names were removed from the original post and I think it is best to remove the names here as well.

Please see the original post and let me know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
Christopher Cavalier
CEO - Game Used Universe

Pure speculation on my part Christopher (or Joel--not sure who I'm supposed to be responding to). Just going on the proven history of that particular auction house and my own sneaky suspicions.

The part about the auction house illegally (?) disclosing Eric's bidding history to a potential consignor seemed to match their MO.

Of course, if those items do turn up in that particular auction house's next auction, then you owe me a Coke!

ChrisCavalier
01-23-2006, 08:08 PM
Pure speculation on my part Christopher (or Joel--not sure who I'm supposed to be responding to). Just going on the proven history of that particular auction house and my own sneaky suspicions.
Hello Aaron-

The forum is certainly not saying you are not entitled to an opinion (sorry for the double negative). However, participation in the forum will require everyone to follow the rules that have been created. By doing so, this forum will continue to gain strength as a driving force in the hobby.

Sincerely,
Christopher Cavalier
CEO - Game Used Universe

aaron1050
01-23-2006, 08:25 PM
Hello Aaron-

The forum is certainly not saying you are not entitled to an opinion (sorry for the double negative).

No problem, I didn't take your post (or editing) to mean that at all. Them's the rules.

By doing so, this forum will continue to gain strength as a driving force in the hobby.

Sounds good (I can almost picture you hoisting an American flag while proclaiming that slogan proudly). I think what Eric has created is frankly amazing given how quickly and virtually from scratch his idea has organized an impactful and thriving on-line community.

ChrisCavalier
01-23-2006, 08:50 PM
Sounds good (I can almost picture you hoisting an American flag while proclaiming that slogan proudly). I think what Eric has created is frankly amazing given how quickly and virtually from scratch his idea has organized an impactful and thriving on-line community.
Hello Aaron-

I couldn't agree more. As I have said before, I think Eric has been a pioneer in this hobby. I also believe this community is largely responsible for the positive changes that are beginning to take place in the game used memorabilia segmen...t -- sorry my flag got in the way of my typing ;^)

Sincerely,
Christopher Cavalier
CEO - Game Used Universe

trsent
01-23-2006, 10:18 PM
Funny, I may owe you a Coke, but that doesn't make your comment correct even if your speculation was correct.

Have a great day!

apujols04
01-23-2006, 11:02 PM
Funny, I may owe you a Coke, but that doesn't make your comment correct even if your speculation was correct.

Have a great day!

It is not AMI. I will not consign with them b/c my 3 experiences with them involve them paying no earlier than 45 days and almost to 90 days twice. The speculation was incorrect. You guys can decide who buys who a coke.

trsent
01-24-2006, 05:03 AM
It is not AMI. I will not consign with them b/c my 3 experiences with them involve them paying no earlier than 45 days and almost to 90 days twice. The speculation was incorrect. You guys can decide who buys who a coke.

Cool, I am owed a Coke and a smile! ;)

apujols04
01-30-2006, 12:45 AM
Congrats!

The post above shows why this forum can sometimes be a complete joke. Keep in mind that both-teams-played-hard is one of the individuals who always has acted like he knows a lot but again shows how little he can really know. I think Eric should be editing posts like the one above as well when an obviously ignorant post has been made. Attacking people is not okay but ignorantly trying to disprove a possible legitimate jersey with NO BASIS is allowed? I think the pic I have attached shows why all both-teams-played-hard posts should be taken with a grain of salt, especially when he posts concerning my jersey finds. MEARS shows the mets tagging as starting around 1974. Mickey Lolich wore #29 during 1976 (I think) with the mets. Could it be his jersey? Any Mets fans interested? Keep in mind my source has only had high quality names to this point. The pic below is from getty images of tom seaver in the mid 70's. A grey jersey with "mets"instead of new york. BTPH, I am not interested in your opinions any more at this point.

apujols04
01-30-2006, 01:06 AM
I guess I asked for it by posting. However, I found the response absolutely hilarious, particularly the point counterpoint stuff. It amazes me that a simple summary can be dissected so thoroughly and completely . . . wrong.

Let me make it as simple and straightforward as possible (and then I am taking the advice of Joel A. above). It does not matter whether the Jerseys are real or fake. It does not matter that an auction house has decided to list them. It does not matter whether they claim, you claim or anyone claims they will be authenticated. Best of luck in all that.

You came to the board, you asked for opinions and you got them. Now take a moment, breathe deep, be calm, and go back and look at what you wrote when you offered them to the forum. Objectively, did you tell a clear story about how the jerseys were acquired? Did that story remain consistent? Did you answer questions from others clearly? The answer to all of these is no.

My problem is not with the jerseys, the authenticators, or the descriptions. It is with the not so subtle shot at the "whole board" and the direct attack on Eric. (Oh wait, the last few posts suggest that it may not have been a direct attack after all, just a mistake, a misunderstanding, something overheard). You got the benefit of free and extensive opinion, good and bad. You are the better for it.

I respectfully make two suggestions: (1) don't tell a narrative about the jerseys (like "ANOTHER "FIND" OF POSSIBLE GAME USED JERSEYS), just describe the jerseys and post pictures. This will present a decreased potential for ridicule. If povenance becomes an issue later, try to tell a short clear story. (2) Wait at least a half hour before responding to a post that upsets you. I call this a "cooling off period" that allows calm and coherent response.

Best of luck on your auctions, I look forward to the discussion of the items on this board.

Now you can see why I would rather someone not even post than post something which can be so easily disproven. Your first post was based on assumptions. Please do not try to assume you knew/know what I am/was thinking. If I did not make something clear, please ask me to clarify it. The whole thing is really pretty simple. I hope I waiting an ample amount of time (more than a half hour) to repond to your post. I know you wanted to rush to Eric's defense but please think first and make sure you really read my words and make sure they are clear to you first. That will make everything much easier. Assumptions are worthless.

If I would like to describe the jerseys as a "jersey find," this is my business. I should not be treated differently based on the heading. As a wise man once said: "don't hate, congratulate."

A short clear story is not always easy. For your sake, I will explain how I found these jerseys. I saw one of the jerseys, made a phone call, and bought all of them.

Finally, I must ask: What good is a free opinion if the one opinion I got in regards to my Mets jersey was so far off/bogus? If this forum was so good, why did no one dispute what BTPH claimed? Just goes to show that even once you post pics here and get feedback, you still may be misled. I just wonder how often the misleading is intentional?

apujols04
01-30-2006, 01:34 AM

My problem is not with the jerseys, the authenticators, or the descriptions. It is with the not so subtle shot at the "whole board" and the direct attack on Eric.

In addition. Is it your business how the jerseys were aquired? NO, but they were legally aquired! Was the story consistent? YES, AND FEEL FREE TO PROVE ME OTHERWISE! Did I clearly answer others questions? WHEN I FELT THE QUESTIONS WERE THEIR BUSINESS TO BE ASKING ME--YES! In regards to Eric, attacking is a strong word. Do I think Eric takes sides? YES, ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY INVOLVE HIS BUDDIES AND FORUM SUPPORTERS.

It was between Eric and I in regards to the auction house being discussed.

I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE IT CLEAR THAT I OFFERED TO TELL ERIC WHAT AUCTION HOUSE IT WAS (once he finally emailed me instead of asking me questions via the thread), BUT HE REFUSED TO MY ONE STIPULATION--WAITING UNTIL THE AUCTION BOOKS WERE PRINTED (keep in mind he would still then find out before any of you). THAT LED ME TO BELIEVE HE WOULD POSSIBLY CONTACT THEM TO SAY BAD STUFF ABOUT ME. I DO NOT KNOW HOW CONNECTED ERIC IS, SO I WOULD RATHER NOT TAKE THE RISK OF ERIC TRYING TO HAVE MY AUCTION ITEMS PULLED FOR HIS OWN BENEFIT. I DO NOT KNOW ERIC PERSONALLY SO I DO NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS CAPABLE OF. I DID FIND IT FUNNY THAT ERIC KEPT PROMISING TO NOT TELL THE BOARD. WHAT BENEFIT DOES THAT PROVIDE TO ME? AS SOON AS A FORUM MEMBER GETS THE CATALOGE IT WILL BE PUBLIC INFO ANYWAY.

What I do know is that more than one of Eric's buddies who participate on this forum have done their fair share of gossiping like little girls with other dealers sports store owners. I do not appreciate being part of stupid little girl gossip, especially when someone is bitter at me for calling them out for dishonest business practices. Based on the little amount of help I receive on this forum when compared to the negative feedback (in the last 3 months), I will assume that I am one of the "twentysomething" collectors that some on this board have a problem with. On the other hand, if my jerseys are legit and the bids come flying in then I will be around this industry for a while so I'll just roll with the punches (as Cam'ron would say.)

If any of my last three posts are edited, then Eric will have made it clear that the rules are applied differently based on who the poster is. Hopefully, this will not end up being the case. I would again like to stress that Eric chose to stop communication with me in regars to the auction house after he did not get is way. He wanted it his way or the highway, and was not willing to give a little to get a little. I do not play those types of games.

also.....NO, the auctions house has not told me to "shut-up." This may be due to them reading my past posts on this forum and seeing what goes down on this site. A great forum with the majority of users being great, but also with a fair amount of clowns and people who should wear "Dodgers" hats for the way they respond (and don't) to what is posted by others. At least nobody can accuse me of running from any issue on this board.

apujols04
01-30-2006, 02:05 AM

Again, thank you for providing the most simple explanation as to what sometimes occurs on this site. It is even better when the something being questioned ends up being undoctored and the real deal. Thanks for your post.

Eric
01-30-2006, 10:57 AM
Where to begin

First off- I guess the most obvious thing is, if you so dislike the people here and their ability to give opinions on jerseys, then why keep coming on here to ask for it

Secondly- As long as you're posting our private conversations here, let's go.
You came on here and said an auction house told you directly that I bid with their auction. As the thread developed, your story changed at least two more times. I wrote you to find out who the auction house was. The reason auction houses use user names and not real names is to offer some privacy I wanted to know who was violating that.
I sent you a few emails which apparently you did not get. I wasn't looking to make an issue of this in public, as I wrote to you on 1/23
--------------------------------------------------------------------
As I said, I will not share it with the forum. If I said anything to the auction house, I would just send an email simply stating "please do not share personal information about me bidding in your auctions without my permission"
Eric
You told me to wait until the auction catalogs were printed.
I told you "I'm sorry David. No deal. I told you I wouldn't share it with the
forum. I wanted to know which auction house invaded my privacy and you
will not help me. I will handle it without your help. I think it's best
that we not talk anymore.
Good luck.
Eric"
you then responded with...

what a sore loser you are. If I would not have said anything, then you
would not have evn known such a thing happened. invaded your privacy?
while the government is spying? not worth crying over. i see you are as
easy to work with as your buddy (NAME REMOVED). what was the problem with not getting me in the middle of your tift? not any more mature than some of the posters really are. you cant respect my wishes, but you want my help. it does not seem fair to me. now i guess you will kick me off the board b/c i dont want to kiss your a**. i was willing to share the info if you could be fair about it.
David, you seem to have problems with a lot of people. I let a lot slide with you, but you have again crossed with line with baiting posts. I am suspending your account. You need to take some time and take a breath and decide if you can function here without fighting with people. You have made this site unpleasant and I have to tell you, a lot of people have emailed me to complain. I'm sure I'll get a profanity laced email from you, so please save your energy.
I am not singling you out. I do not play favorites. I'm not looking for people to kiss my a**. I'm just looking for people to act like civilized human beings. Please let me know when you think you can behave like one.
Eric

youngjerseycollector
01-30-2006, 12:10 PM
**banned User***

youngjerseycollector
01-30-2006, 12:14 PM
**post Removed- User Banned***

ebayautos
01-30-2006, 08:03 PM
After reading this entire thread and the other threads involving David and his jerseys, it does appear that individuals are held to different standards. The fact he was only banned after posting what he felt was the communication between Eric and himself shows that David being banned has most to do with David confronting the moderator.

Eric, is a forum a true public forum if you can post a reply and then ban a user from replying to your attacks? Before you assume this is David and ban my posts as well, I would like you to contact me and be sure your assumption is correct. I can provide my phone number if you wish.

Eric
01-30-2006, 09:07 PM
What an incredible coincidence "ebayautos"- you joined the forum today, the same day apujols04 was banned, you have come to the defense of apujols04 on the same issues as he AND- now this is the kicker everyone- strap yourselves in-----

ebayautos posted from the same IP address as apujols04!

Adios ebayautos!

R. C. Walker
01-30-2006, 09:24 PM
ebayautos posted from the same IP address as apujols04!

I saw that movie! It was called "Dumb & Dumber".

Good riddance!

trsent
01-30-2006, 09:31 PM
Some people will never learn.

youareajerk
01-30-2006, 09:51 PM
Hey clownass, this is a work computer. There are over 30 employees here and there are multiple public computers. Therefore, things are not as you say they are. I would not expect any class out of you. Keep crying because I would not share the info you wanted.

David

hblakewolf
01-30-2006, 10:13 PM
David-
Instead of continuing to make a complete fool of yourself, why not find a chat room somewhere else that's more fitting to your interests, and allow those who are sincerely interested in the game used marketplace a form free of your insipid posts. Might I suggest cabbagepatchdolls.com, or GIJOES.COM. ? Likewise, I suggest you spare folks of your constant spelling and grammatical errors, and locate the spell check button on your computer.

I for one have had my fill, and no doubt, others agree.

Eric, keep up the good work.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

trsent
01-30-2006, 10:19 PM
Hey clownass, this is a work computer. There are over 30 employees here and there are multiple public computers. Therefore, things are not as you say they are. I would not expect any class out of you. Keep crying because I would not share the info you wanted.

David

That is funny, so 30 people work at the same place, and you keep coming back to defend the same situation?

I needed something to laugh about today.

nate
01-30-2006, 10:19 PM
Time to move forward....

Eric
01-30-2006, 10:25 PM
Everyone-

Let's please take the high road and let it go. There are still rules about namecalling etc.
Eric