PDA

View Full Version : New Steiner Holograms

Eric
07-23-2007, 11:22 PM
Hey everyone-

I just purchase a couple of BP jerseys from Steiner and was pleased to see that the new steiner holograms affixed to the item had a serial number which is also on the COA.

It's definitely a step to fight fraud. Thumbs up
Eric

kylehess10
07-24-2007, 12:36 AM
Hey everyone-

I just purchase a couple of BP jerseys from Steiner and was pleased to see that the new steiner holograms affixed to the item had a serial number which is also on the COA.

It's definitely a step to fight fraud. Thumbs up
Eric

They've been using them all this year I believe

allstarsplus
07-24-2007, 08:35 AM
Kyle is correct and Bob M. will tell you that thanks to suggestions here on the Forum where we discussed #'d holograms last year that idea was initiated.

I think special markings were also made on game issued. Maybe Bob can comment on that too.

Andrew

Rmmm912
07-24-2007, 08:53 AM
There are 2 "new" types of numbered Steiner holograms, "game used" and "game issued". This won't completely eradicate the fraud issue, but yes, we believe it is a step in the right direction. We have been using these for approximately the past six months.

Bob

Eric
07-24-2007, 09:37 AM
Bob

Thanks for posting on the subject and again, nice job.
Eric

allstarsplus
07-24-2007, 10:00 AM
There are 2 "new" types of numbered Steiner holograms, "game used" and "game issued". This won't completely eradicate the fraud issue, but yes, we believe it is a step in the right direction. We have been using these for approximately the past six months.

Bob

Bob - Thanks for the confirmation on the holograms. Your work on behalf of Steiner is much appreciated.

Can you comment on any other markings on game issued jerseys?

thanks. Andrew

Rmmm912
07-24-2007, 11:27 AM
Thanks Andrew...we have also been marking game used jerseys and pants with an invisible ink as well.

allstarsplus
07-24-2007, 11:39 AM
Thanks Andrew...we have also been marking game used jerseys and pants with an invisible ink as well.

I always thought it was better to add invisible ink to game issued (instead to game used) so if they flick off the game issued hologram, it would have the invisble ink. This way they can't claim to have received it directly from the player or "their source deep in the organization".

Just my thought. Maybe you can still do that but to a different location of the jersey. That should severely shut off most of the fakes.

You notice that there really haven't been any 2007 Yankees game used out there yet without Yankees Steiner documentation because you haven't released the game issued jerseys yet. Coincidence, I think not.

Just some thoughts. Andrew

TFig27
07-25-2007, 03:56 PM
bob,
any idea when the holograms will be entered into the steiner.com database?

thanks
tom