PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone see the Nats game last night where...

Vintagedeputy
07-20-2007, 12:29 PM
the Rockies player tossed his batting gloves up to 2 kids behind the dugout after his at bat?

Anyone know who the player was?

I was at the game the night before against the Astros and when I wasnt really paying attention, some little kid walked past me with a Nook Logan game used bat. It definitely wasnt for sale in the team store that day. I guess he got it down by the dugout. I should have made him on offer on the spot.

kylehess10
07-20-2007, 12:54 PM
I was at the game the night before against the Astros and when I wasnt really paying attention, some little kid walked past me with a Nook Logan game used bat. It definitely wasnt for sale in the team store that day. I guess he got it down by the dugout. I should have made him on offer on the spot.

I've seen that before. Last month, I went to the Braves-Marlins game and there were a couple thousand campers from various camps around the area walking around the warning track before the game. As some of the kids passed by the dugout, the bat-boy came out and gave away I think 2 cracked game used bats. I asked both the Braves bat-boy and Marlins bat-boy after they did that if they had any left, but they said no.

allstarsplus
07-20-2007, 01:23 PM
Anyone know who the player was?

Willy Taveras. The 2 kids that each got a glove tried putting them on. One of the gloves was ripped straight across the palm.

Willy threw them on top of the dugout after he struck out. He didn't look happy. The announcers on TV joked that they were "bad luck" gloves.

Andrew

Vintagedeputy
07-20-2007, 01:24 PM
Willy Taveras. The 2 kids that each got a glove tried putting them on. One of the gloves was ripped straight across the palm.

Willy threw them on top of the dugout after he struck out. He didn't look happy. The announcers on TV joked that they were "bad luck" gloves.

Andrew

Yeah thats right. I only caught a breif glimpse of the whole thing. Nice souvenirs!

bubbrubb25
07-20-2007, 04:01 PM
I was at a phillies and yankees game in Philly and between innings a-rod threw his batting glove to this older lady. And after the game Rob Cano threw his wristbands and Jonny Damon threw his batting gloves over the dugout. I didnt get anything.:( :mad:

skipcareyisfat
07-20-2007, 04:13 PM
I believe Jeff Francoeur and Shawn Green toss their gloves into the seats after each home game homer. When I was a kid I actually caught one of Daryl Strawberry's batting gloves he threw out during batting practice.