kingjammy24
07-18-2007, 04:08 PM
i was reading gameworn.net and came across these old posts. funny...in a way:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
nhlmvp70
Veteran
Member # 970
posted March 15, 2003 05:04 PM
I tried to sell some jerseys on ebay and was sent a "question for seller". It was a solicitation by Lou Lampson or his people to authenticate my jerseys for only $50 a pop.

Starsfan35
Veteran
Member # 1934
posted March 15, 2003 06:41 PM
I got the SAME exact e-mail today as well... the guy even tried to tell me my jersey would be worth more $$$ just because it would have a Lou Lampson LOA..... Funny thing is, I have had 3 bad jerseys... and guess what.. they ALL have had Lou Lampson LOA's

dastill
Veteran
Member # 643
posted March 15, 2003 07:00 PM I
I got the same email myself! This guy getting a percentage or something?! I had to keep myself from sending a sarcastic reply!!

Milt
Veteran
Member # 178
posted March 16, 2003 07:16 AM
Here is part of the email being sent,
This is a great jersey! You may want to consider having jerseys like this one authenticated by Lou Lampson, who has the largest collection of game worn jerseys in the industry. It seems like when he authenticates a jersey for American Memorabilia's auction, it gets me the most money. A jersey of this value, I know he only charges like 50.00 to authenticate, and that may be well worth it, to push up the value. He is authenticating for 100% Authentic coming up in April. Their # is LEFT BLANK BY ME ON PURPOSE but is in the original email. You should give them a call about having him authenticate this jersey. I hate to see items as nice as this not get the true market value because of the lack of a strong 3rd party LOA. Good luck, and great jersey!
NYrealty, that's horrible, but you not the only one that has happened too.

sparty444
Rookie
Member # 3239
posted March 16, 2003 08:02 AM
As for the Lou situation. I can tell you that the emails that were sent out had nothing to do with Lou soliciting. Howvever. Lou is starting a company called 100% authentic with a couple other authenticators.

LEAFS1
Veteran
Member # 578
posted March 16, 2003 03:36 PM
I have received a number of emails over that past few days from people telling me I should send my items to Lou, have him authenticated for $50.00, which in turn would increase the value of the jersey. What a load of crap! I told them if I need a jersey authenticated it would go to Milt, who has probably forgotten more about hockey jerseys then they will ever know.

Here are a couple of the emails.

#1 This is a great jersey ! You may want to consider having jerseys like this one authenticated by Lou Lampson, who has the largest collection of game worn jerseys in the industry. It seems like when he authenticates a jersey for American Memorabilia's auction, it gets me the most money. A jersey of this value, I know he only charges like 50.00 to authenticate, and that may be well worth it, to push up the value. He is authenticating for 100 % Authentic coming up in April. Their # is XXX-XXX-XXXX. You should give them a call about having him autheticate this jersey. I hate to see items as nice as this not get the true market value because of the lack of a strong 3rd party LOA. Good luck, and great jersey !

#2 Unlike what companies have done with guys, they get them and market their name based on nothing but abundant advertising, Lampson has been really low profile other than as a collector. He is however working with a new company, 100% Authentic, in conjunction with autograph authenticators Richard Simon, Stephen Koschal, and Mike Frost. Unlike most of the authentication companies out there, these guys are documented experts with a century of experience in their field. Lampson is a good authenticator with good knowledge, and his word is real respected, so I just thought I would pass that info off to you. Good luck, and I really like that piece !
------------------------------------------------------------------------
anyway..here's the thread:
http://www.gameworn.net/cgi-bin/GW/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=006680

rudy.