PDA

View Full Version : New on here, just need some info on pricing

YankeeChowda
07-12-2007, 09:55 PM
Hey guys, im looking to buy a game used paul o'neill bat, and also a mattingly bat.. I've seen some bats around but im not exactly sure what would be considered a decent price.. I've seen Oneill bats from his yankee years and also from the reds years. The mattingly bats are hard to come by but, any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks

Vintagedeputy
07-12-2007, 10:25 PM
I dont know about pricing other than the fact that you will pay ALOT for a legitmate Matty gamer. There's a ton of bad bats out there that just arent the real deal.

Maybe someone else can interject about O'Neill but I believe that he used a certain tape job ala Posada on his bats and there are a few out there that were O'Neill bats used by someone else.

YankeeChowda
07-13-2007, 07:31 PM
Ok thanks for that, any info is great..

JimCaravello
07-13-2007, 07:47 PM
Yankee Chowder - if you ever run across a Mattingly bat and have questions - don't hesitate to e-mail me. I have handled about 30 over the years and currently have a few in my collection......Relative to price - heavily used - factory documented bats will run in the $1,250 - $2,000 range depending upon condition, year, etc. Check the major auctions and occasionally you will see a good one on ebay - let me know how else I can help. Also - check out my blog under the Experts Corner where I have outlined some good information on his bats - Thanks, Jim - jcaravello@nc.rr.com