PDA

View Full Version : fake wigginton helmet at D-RAY GAME

jake33
06-24-2007, 10:47 AM
I was at the rays vs. dodgers game last night and I saw a "game used" ty wigginton batting helmet by the ryas which was autographed and it sold for $250, I askes the person in charge. "was that worn by Wigginton" they replied with "absolutely". Hmmm, the problem was that it was for a LEFT HANDED batter.

I called them out on it that it was clearly incorrect and the guy running the auction who worked PR for the rays said Wigginton used to be a switch hitter. I then called him a liar and said he had no idea what he was talking about and that they should end the auction and not sell it, regarless so idiot bought the helmet for $250...

RyanZimmerman11
06-24-2007, 11:07 AM
Wow lol Now that's an odd one.

Makes you wonder how we can trust buying our items if the players own team can't get it right.

Swoboda4
06-24-2007, 11:15 AM
I've purchased a Tampa Bay TBTC jersey once for their charity, Rays of Hope. But what does,.."by the ryas.." mean?
Robert

jake33
06-25-2007, 06:38 AM
by the ryas means that I was in a hurry when i was typing and I made a mistake, I am greatly sorry so the error and please get something better to worry about.

camarokids
06-25-2007, 09:34 AM
I was at the rays vs. dodgers game last night and I saw a "game used" ty wigginton batting helmet by the ryas which was autographed and it sold for $250, I askes the person in charge. "was that worn by Wigginton" they replied with "absolutely". Hmmm, the problem was that it was for a LEFT HANDED batter.

I called them out on it that it was clearly incorrect and the guy running the auction who worked PR for the rays said Wigginton used to be a switch hitter. I then called him a liar and said he had no idea what he was talking about and that they should end the auction and not sell it, regarless so idiot bought the helmet for $250...

I started to bid on the helmet (actually placed a low bid of $120) then looked at the helmet again and noticed the outline of where a #9 used to be and was removed , also no #21 . I asked the guy that runs the Ted Williams Museum that was running the auction, and said he used the helmet was maybe in BP then if not a game . When I gave him a look that what he said didn't make sense . He did say he would get me an answer .

Well the next day at Sundays game I saw him again and he said it was a game used helmet that was only signed by Wigginton .

Hey Jake were you carrying around Wilson Betemit games on Saturday ?

camarokids
06-25-2007, 09:45 AM
that should read Wilson Betemit gamers .....

they also had a Carl Crawford X-Bat gamer up for auction last Saturday . When I left it was at $170 . On Sunday I asked what it went for , and he said over $300 . It was an OK bat , but had a nasty crack with a piece missing and the XBat label was coming up

ham1963
06-25-2007, 12:21 PM
Hey guys did you get any pics of the TBC jerseys from this weekend?? If so can you post on the fourm. Any ideas when they will be posted on MLB Auctions??
Thanks,
John

jake33
06-26-2007, 08:01 AM
yep, i got about 7 pics... I saw the crawford and it was ok, but I didn't put a bid on it. I mostly got photos of the players item that i wanted

They had one of crawford's #42 gamers too...

Gomes (helmet, jersey, pants and cleats)

Brendan Harris jersey

and a ton of KAZMIR PICS, I have a GREAT pic of kazmir getting his sleeve CUT by an equipment manager!!! I am really zeroing in on getting KAz's gamer from that game, i was told they will be on auction in 2 weeks, probably ending in september...

Jake

camarokids
06-27-2007, 10:33 PM
Hey guys did you get any pics of the TBC jerseys from this weekend?? If so can you post on the fourm. Any ideas when they will be posted on MLB Auctions??
Thanks,
John

Here's a pretty good look .......

http://tampabay.devilrays.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20070622&content_id=2043065&vkey=pr_tb&fext=.jsp&c_id=tb