PDA

View Full Version : Let's create a photo library!

Vintagedeputy
06-23-2007, 04:46 PM
I was just thinking how great it would be if we had a place where we could show photos of game used stuff and perhaps create a photo library for everyone to use.

What do you guys think?

jon_8_us
06-23-2007, 05:39 PM
I was just thinking how great it would be if we had a place where we could show photos of game used stuff and perhaps create a photo library for everyone to use.

What do you guys think?

I think it's a great idea!The logistics involved could be difficult.You would have to get the higherups on the site involved to really pull it off.Any ideas anyone?
jon

ChrisCavalier
06-24-2007, 11:38 AM
I think it's a great idea!The logistics involved could be difficult.You would have to get the higherups on the site involved to really pull it off.Any ideas anyone?
jon
Hello Everyone,

It looks like we weren't very clear that we have created mechanisms to do this already on this site. For instance, if you look at the global navigation on the site you will see a tab entitled "Game Used Library". If you put your cursor on that tab you will see a drop-down menu that includes, among other things, a jersey database that is for members to use. We plan to also use this database for bats, autographs and other collectibles as well. We spent quite a bit of money setting it up the submission system and even ran a contest where we gave out significant prizes for members who contributed images. We made an announcement at the end of the contest that we would be leaving this function open for people to submit images and we are now in the process of setting things up where people can send us their images and we will upload them in bulk. In fact, someone with hundreds of images is in the process of sending us their images that we will be uploading for them.

If you have images you would like members to share please feel free to go into that section and submit your images. I just checked and we will need to update the interface for that section as it still references the contest and we will get that done this week. In the interim, you can go through the contest enrollment process (even though the contest is over) if you would like to submit any images. Also, if you have a large number of images to submit, please feel free to contact us and we will see about submitting the images for you if you send them to us.

In addition, in the Hobby Network, any member can also upload images of their collection for other members to see. This is included as part of your complimentary membership and is something we believe can be a great asset for networking with other members.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Obviously we think this is a great idea as have already invested a good deal of money to allow members to achieve this objective. I hope many of you will find it beneficial to your collecting needs.

Sincerely,
Chris Cavalier
CEO - Game Used Universe

Eric
06-24-2007, 01:19 PM
Chris

I would like to submit the photos of my entire collection for the site. I think it's about 1,000 photos (front back and tagging) of about 350 items.

Look forward to sharing them with everyone and I hope others will do the same.

Let us know when the jersey database page is updated so people know an easy way to upload images.
Best,
Eric

Vintagedeputy
06-24-2007, 01:37 PM
I wasnt aware that there was a function of GUU that allowed this. Sorry, I wasnt trying to cause a mutiny :)

ChrisCavalier
06-24-2007, 04:23 PM
I wasnt aware that there was a function of GUU that allowed this. Sorry, I wasnt trying to cause a mutiny :)
No problem Jim. We are glad you made the post. It made us realize there may be people on this site who don't know about all the features we have created for collectors. As a result, going forward we will also try make sure we do everything we can to increase the utility (and visibility) of these features to help the collecting community.

Sincerely,
Chris

Vintagedeputy
06-24-2007, 04:34 PM
Question - along the same lines, wasnt there an upgrade to the membership with the purchase of the latest book?

ChrisCavalier
06-27-2007, 06:12 PM
Question - along the same lines, wasnt there an upgrade to the membership with the purchase of the latest book?
Hello Jim,

The current membership programs are outlined here:

https://www.gameuseduniverse.com/store/

However, please note the following:

We will be redesigning the GUU site with the launch of our inaugural consignment auction in September. At that time we are going to open the Jersey Database (which can also be used for bats, autographs, etc.) to ALL members.

We will also be updating the interface for submissions shortly. Please let everyone know so that members can use this feature to help each other in their quest for resources for evaluating items.

Sincerely,
Chris Cavalier

Eric
06-27-2007, 06:50 PM
That's great. Thanks Chris. It would really be a help to have a searchable database like this available to all members
Eric

B1SON
07-07-2007, 01:58 PM
Definitely a great idea. I can't wait to use it.
Definit