PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Jones Cleats on Ebay: Real or Fake?

heaven03
06-19-2007, 11:46 AM
I was looking at this listing for Thomas Jones (Bears / Jets) Game Worn Cleats. I'm thinking it has to be fake.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=170122529492&rd=1&rd=1

The seller can't confirm what game they were worn in. After looking at a couple hundred photos of TJ I've never seen the shoes. They are also low top... TJ is seen wearing high tops in all the photos that I reviewed. The same seller has a pair of you Mike Vick shoes for sale.

I was also wondering if they could be Julius Jones Cleats and were mistakenly listed. The do have a blueish tint and dominant white... in keeping with the Cowboys uniforms.

Just curious if anyone has opinions on the authenticity.

jayt1234
06-20-2007, 11:15 AM
We have been advised by the moderator of this forum to be very cautious of identyifying items as being fake without contacting the seller (which you did), but I am going to have to agree with you I could not find one photo of him wearing these cleats in 2006. The only models I saw were all black or black and orange. However Elite seems to be very reputable in the industry, though they are not being sold directly from there company.

I can tell you that they are not Juilius Jones cleats. I mostly collect only Cowboys items and bought from Game Used Exclusives a pair of 2006 Julius Jones cleats. He only used Nike for about three games (White/Navy Blue) this season and then Under Armour (White/Black) the rest of the way. The Cowboys only wear primary white cleats anyway.

If I did not have a picture of him wearing those cleats in 2006, and was having as much trouble finding one like we both have had, I would be hesitant to buy. However if you are interested in just the autograph then it might be worth buying if the price does not go to high.

Good Luck.

Jay