PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on this Posada bat?

Vintagedeputy
06-17-2007, 10:45 PM
I'm not questioning Elite at all so please dont take offense but I cant see how Posada used this. I dont think I've even ever seen this model used but I could be wrong....I've only recently started looking at Posada gamers.

any thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/JORGE-POSADA-GAME-USED-BASEBALL-BAT-YANKEES-ESM-ELITE_W0QQitemZ120133603627QQihZ002QQcategoryZ6059 6QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

suave1477
06-17-2007, 10:59 PM
Vintagedeputy. I am a huge Posada fan and have written many threads concerning Posada use of his items here on the forum. If you do a search I am sure you will find my listings os his of bats.

Besides everyone knowing im a huge Strawberry collector my next favorite is Posada.
So with that being said I follow alot of his games, his characteristics of use, and own many Game Used items of his.

So here is some background:
Posada to the best of my knowledge 99.9% of the time uses Louisville Slugger. I would doubt he would use another bat during a game when he has a contract with Louisville, I am not saying it is not possible I am just saying highly doubtful since that is all he uses.
Next, there is not one tiny drop of use characteristic on this bat for Posada.

If any thing this might have been a bat Posada used for batting practice to try out but I still doubt that, because Posada has the same use characteristics for his Game Used Bats as well his Batting practice.
The thing that you can tell that seperates his use from Batting Practice bat to actual Game Used bat is the amount of Pine Tar on the bat because it usually is a little bit lighter on his Batting Practice bats due to them not being used as much. Posada loads up Pine Tar heavily on his actual Game Used Bats.

I personally would like to know how Elite has come to say this is a Posada Game Used bat and would challenge them to prove it to me!!!:confused:

Vintagedeputy
06-17-2007, 11:02 PM
suave - Thanks for the reply. I have become a student of Posada's gamers in the last week as I just snagged one that was used a few weeks ago. I'm waiting for it to arrive. When I get it, I'll post pics for your enjoyment.

As far as this one, I too had some doubts even with my limited knowledge.

Vintagedeputy
06-17-2007, 11:04 PM
suave - if you email me at deputy7621@aol.com, I'll send some pics of the bat I'm talking about. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Jim

Yankwood
06-18-2007, 03:12 AM
No tape-no Posada. Don't like it at all.

Vintagedeputy
06-18-2007, 07:33 AM
Yankwood - your pm's must be turned off. I cant reply to the pm that you sent me..

Yankwood
06-18-2007, 10:01 AM
Yankwood - your pm's must be turned off. I cant reply to the pm that you sent me..Maybe I have it figured out now.......

Vintagedeputy
06-18-2007, 10:48 AM
nope, still not working

Yankwood
06-18-2007, 11:09 AM
I'm gonna have to find a 5 year old to do this for me. Until then, my email is tlucas56@yahoo.com,