PDA

View Full Version : Maggette McDonalds Jersey AM Fake

Texans
06-11-2007, 01:57 PM
The jersey on AMI is just an replica or an authentic jersey. The jersey were made to raise extra money for the McDonalds kids. The jersey they actually wore in the game were made by Reebok. I could not find a picture yet but if you go to youtube.com you will see a video of him wearing a Reebok jersey. I contact AM and have not gotten a response.

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=36755

jojo

hblakewolf
06-11-2007, 02:27 PM
JoJo-

According to the description, the LOA is from the 100% AUTHENTIC TEAM. Per the description in the current AMI catalog,:

"Each item is examined and handled by our Authentication Team of experts.

First, we have our team members sift out any lightly-used or game issued jerseys.

Second, the appropriate authenticator is consulted to examine the jerseys and/or equipment based on their expertise and knowledge in that particular sport.

Third, the jersey or equipment must display evidence of acceptable use or have player/team provenance. Any item that is questionable will be rejected regardless of any prior authentication, excluding team or player's paperwork. .......All items issued a 100% Authentic Certificate of Authenticity has met the utmost standard of validity.

The first criteria, "First, we have our team members sift out any lightly-used or game issued jerseys." would have eliminated this jersey from ever being authenticated, correct? It is indeed a "replica", a notch below game issued.

Hard to believe a jersey that is not even tagged with the correct Reebok brand or displays the correct brand logo could be authenticated by this 100% AUTHENTIC TEAM.

Please update this post once you hear back from AMI

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

hblakewolf
06-11-2007, 03:15 PM
JoJo-
McDonalds did indeed sell these "replica" jerseys, and Maggette was one of the players offered:

http://www.mcdonalds.com/usa/news/2005/conpr_02092005.html

FYI

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Texans
06-11-2007, 05:23 PM
I called them and email them already. They have not done anything for over a week now. Somebody is going to get ripped off again. You can buy those jersey on ebay for $20.

Jojo