PDA

View Full Version : Original H&B brass centerbrand stamp matched to bat

BoneRubbedBat
06-08-2007, 10:49 AM
Now this is my type of photomatch. I have a brass H&B centerbrand stamp and a photo of a bat that was created using the exact stamp. The stamp was used to make the bat labeled as C-19 in Vince Malta's new book. Per Vince, this type stamp was only used in 1966, and many of the All-Star bats and the Old-Timer's bats have this type of centerbrand.

Now here is the cool thing. The stamp has been recycled from the 1950-1960 era. You can see where the REG. U.S. PAT. OFF. has been partially filed down, and the registered trademark symbol inside the oval has been added after-the-fact.

Here are the distinguishing fingerprints:

1. Defect on the oval between the H of Hillerich and the L in lower Louisville.

2. E in Hillerich is not straight.

3. Second B in Bradsby has an indented side/lower portion

4. A in Bradsby has a little "divot" missing where the lines meet on the D side.

5. Y in Bradsby has a slight curve on the upper portion of the Y closest to the Co.

6. The "o" in Co. is squared on the lower corner closest to the C

There are many other unique identifiers to this plate, and every single one of them match to the photo in the book.

I want to find more bats that match this centerbrand stamp, so I need all of you to look at your 1950-60 era bats and your 1966 bats and send me some photos.