PDA

View Full Version : Roger Clemens Autographs....

jayt1234
06-07-2007, 02:50 PM
Hello,

Just a random question about autographed ball values.

When I was a kid growing up we lived 1/2 mile from Roger Clemens when he played for the Red Sox (He lived in Framingham Massachusetts about 16 miles from Fenway). Actually Rich Gedman and Jeff Reardon were all near by neighbors which was pretty cool.

Anyway we would from time to time walk down his driveway after playing baseball in the nearby field and would knock on his door to ask for autographs using our beat up used baseballs. We were only between the ages of 7 & 10, so don't think we were adults doing this.

Well we never met Roger but his wife would always answer the door and was very gracious. Sometimes she would tell us he was busy playing with his kids and to come back later. Other times she would take the balls in and she would return them autographed.

Kids being kids most of the time we would just use the signed balls and probally lost most of them, however my best friends father found an old plastic 5 gallon drum that we used to keep some of our baseballs in when cleaning out his crawl space, and sure enough there were five Clemens autographed baseball in there.

Now remember these were signed between 1987 and 1989, and they were already beat up scuffed muddy baseballs.

Does anyone here think there is any value here? I asked his dad to take some pictures so when he does I will post the pictures. Any advice would be helpful.

Thank You,

Jay

Jags Fan Dan
06-07-2007, 03:00 PM
So, what you're saying is, technically speaking, you (or your friend) have little league game used Roger Clemens autographed baseballs? Of course the details are they weren't used by Clemens, but that is trivial!;) I kid, I kid...

But I'm sure there is some value there, if the signatures are still ok. Authenticated ones from Tri-Star and JSA certified ones seem to go for around $150. A guess from me as to what they might sell for on ebay is $25-$30 each. Maybe more, but unfortunately what I said in jest earlier is what they might be scooped up for and sold as later!

cjw
06-10-2007, 10:48 AM
I agree with Jags Fan Dan....

I have sold a few mint, OAL balls with Rocket's sig on the sweetspot for $100+ each and also sold cheaper balls with weak sigs of Roger for around $50. chris