PDA

View Full Version : pudge game used bat

geoff
01-12-2006, 07:33 PM
HI again , I bought a game used LVS Pudge Rodriquez game used bat from Ebay last week. I got the bat today it is autographed Ivan Rodriquez 99 MVP. The seller said the bat is from 1999. There is a signed certificate from Pudge and some other guy. GW Sports Promotions out of ColleyvilleTexas.
Did any one ever hear of this company and does this bat look game used or just an autographed bat. I have pictures of the bat and certificate. Thanks Geoff

Calrima
01-12-2006, 10:10 PM
Looks authentic to me, as a, authentic, game used Pudge bat. The # 7 is even consistant to his texas rangers markings.

Den

suave1477
01-12-2006, 10:25 PM
Please do not take my word for it, I can't tell by the pictures of the bat, but the certificate looks home made. I think I saw the same template on a Microsoft Word program. I am not saying it is fake but they could have done a lot better with the quality of the certificate. I checked the web for that company there are none listed. I checked the Texas directory there is no number. I hate to say this but I would try to get my money back on that one. Remember I am not an expert just seems fishy!!!!

geoff
01-12-2006, 11:56 PM
Thanks guys any other thoughts on this bat.Did Pudge use a LVS in 99.Any help on this one would be great.

shawn
01-13-2006, 12:46 AM
Hey,
I was looking at your Pudge bat. I am not with psa/dna but I think it looks authentic. I have a Pudge LS C271 game used bat as well it's from the 2005 season obtained from a very reliable source and there are many simularities the height of the tape on the handle,pine tar,the model,ball mark locations,a shaved barell,a #7 on the knob. The auto looks real as well which is expensive for Pudge to sign gamers here in Detroit. Personally I dont like the 99 mvp inscription from an award he won with the Marlins vs the Rangers but thats just me. Regardless nice bat shows some good use dont freat it.

Calrima
01-13-2006, 12:54 AM
The cert is a bit on the cheap side, but tthats not the importnat part. The Only importnat part is weather or not the bat is the REAL DEAL. It certainly looks good to me. Any others others want to do an authentication and put this mans fears to rest?

Always willing to help,

Den

astros*bats
01-13-2006, 01:07 AM
Geoff-

The bat itself looks good to me. It is a professional Louisville Slugger Pudge Rodriguez signature model bat that shows decent game use. The COA, however, does look fishy. This COA was definately made at home using a Microsoft Word template. This does not mean that the COA is not legit! I have never heard of GW Sports Promotions, but I am sure they are a very small, self-made business. I agree that that COA could have been made to look alot more professional but don't worry that much about that. The signatures on the bat and COA look to be authentic and match other examples. I have found the following photos of Pudge using a Louisville Slugger during the 1999 season.

Pic #1 - April 17, 1999

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/471978.jpg?x=x&dasite=GettyImages&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=AB27D05020109421339BC20FC44B0A472A95C0DB141D FB92

Picture #2 - April 18, 1999

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/472097.jpg?x=x&dasite=GettyImages&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=AB27D0502010942126E19B799F99A80C10BC6658DF0D 01DD

Notice the MLB logo on the bat in the first picture. LVS started putting these on the bats in 1999 so it is possible that this bat was used pre-1999 as this bat is void of that logo. Hope this helps!

-AJ

earlywynnfan
01-13-2006, 10:32 AM
Looks pretty good to me, also. I agree with Calrima and Astros, certs on these sorts of things are pretty worthless, unless they come from a "biggie" like Stigall, Taube, or Bushing.

Also, I notice there are some nice seam imprints on the bat. I have never tried, and I could be mistaken, but I've heard several times that these are tough to fake. Any fool can whack a few balls around in his backyard, leaving smudges and whatever, but it takes a lot of force (as in, major league fastball vs. major league swing) to imprint the seam dimples on a bat.

I don't remember if i bid on this one or not, but I remember liking it. (this is where you say "that's great, Ken, but who the heck are you?") :)

Ken

geoff
01-13-2006, 01:51 PM
Thanks so much forum members for all the help.Any one else have anything to say about this bat.Geoff