PDA

View Full Version : Unique Canseco collectable

Canseco44
06-01-2007, 06:10 PM
How many people have one of these. I just thought the Canseco fans here would like this one. Does anyone else have something like this from another ballplayer? I would like to see if they do. I also put my Canseco game used bat collections on www.webshots.com (http://www.webshots.com) When you get there you can look under the keyword Canseco or the user name Canseco44. The jerseys on there are not mine, but belong to another forum member.
I would like to here some response about my collection from some of you. It has taken me a while and lots of dough to get this far. Anyways, I am very proud of it and just thought I would share it with everyone. This link is to the topic of this thread.

Thanks, Todd

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2107325730101432395RSyBqO

Canseco44
06-01-2007, 06:15 PM
The link I provided will take you to my entire collection of photos. This is about 3/4 of my bat collection, but includes all of my favorites. My four favorites are the 400th HR bat and ball, The X-bat, and the Easton Maple bat that is personalizd to me saying To Todd, Thanks for everything, Jose Canseco. If anyone has anything bad to post, please keep it to yourself. I would like to hear from all of the Canseco fans out there though.

Canseco bat collector, Todd Ricks

Canseco44
06-01-2007, 08:21 PM
Hey Dan, I finally got the pics up like you asked so give me a shout and tell me what you think.

Todd

indyred
06-01-2007, 08:44 PM
Sweet collection you have. Any idea what Jose has kept for himself or has he pretty much sold off all of his stuff?

dcrules01
06-01-2007, 09:18 PM
Very nice how long did it take you to build....

Canseco44
06-01-2007, 09:48 PM
I think Jose has just about gotten rid of everything. Anything left is for sale on his website. As for how long it took me to collect this, about 5 years. I have been dealing with Jose for that long, but I have been collecting his cards since 1986. I am actually pictured on his website under the fan page holding my daughter.

Todd

Canseco44
06-01-2007, 10:53 PM
Whats up all of my Canseco comrades. No comments on my collection. Still waiting to hear from you Dan.

Todd

dcrules01
06-01-2007, 11:05 PM
Here is mine broken down between reg authentics my game worn and my autograph Mets jerseys..The autograph picture of Wright I took myself and sent it to Locker Room Memorbilia to have autographed..Tell me what you think..Ive been collecting since October 2005

http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k195/metsjerseys/

suave1477
06-01-2007, 11:08 PM
I spoke with Canseco a few weeks back and asked him what he has left. He said he has nothing left.

Canseco44
06-01-2007, 11:31 PM
Very nice dcrules. I have a game used Todd Hundley LS bat that is has HOT ROD where his name goes. It is his nickname. It is a red colored finish and I would sell if you are interested.

Todd

JasonM33
06-02-2007, 01:50 AM
That's a pretty sweet check. Very Nice bats too. I'm glad that us Canseco fans have these collections. It keeps the stuff from getting chopped up and stuck in a baseball card.

-Jason M

dcrules01
06-02-2007, 05:54 AM
Ill keep that in mind..Can I see pics and what are you looking to get for it??

Canseco44
06-02-2007, 07:27 AM
I will get you some pics of it. I sold a black one about 2 months ago on ebay. Any other Canseco fans out there. I have been trying to get these pics up for a while and I'm waiting to hear some reponses. Thanks for yours Jasonm33. The check my be the one collectable that I have that not many others do. I would like to hear from anyone who might have something like it.

Todd

mailman93
06-02-2007, 01:49 PM
Hey Todd, I just got up from a night of drinking lol. The collection is looking amazing. thats the best Canseco bat collection, I have seen. I love that 400HR bat, you got a great bat there. I'm very impressed Todd, keep that collection growing. all the best Dan

sylbry
06-02-2007, 03:12 PM
I keep waiting for my old Jose Canseco Rangers Louisville Slugger O64 to show up on this board. Only 24 of them (no finish) were ordered by him.

Todd - What was the check for anyways? Care to share the story?

Bryan

Canseco44
06-02-2007, 04:34 PM
Sylbry, I beleive I bought the bat you are speaking of off of Ebay a few years ago. The check story goes like this here: Back in 2003 I was just curious to see how much my Canseco card collection was worth so I put it on ebay with a reserve of $5000. I know this sounds stupid but it turned out to be the best thing I have ever done to further my Canseco collection. While it was on Ebay I received an email from Canseco's agent asking if the auction did not meet reserve, if I would like to sell it to Jose. His reasoning was that he wanted to put some cards for sale on Jose's website to generate some traffic for the new book coming out. I explained my true intentions with the auction and told him I would part with my duplicates. I told him all I wanted was a signed copy of his book when it came out and a personal check made out to me for $1.00 Jose agreed but when I got my shipment in there was a game used Devil Rays Rawlings Big Stick with a COA from Jose. It is the one on my webshots page. From then on I have had a close relationship with Jose, Jim, and Doug Ames. I have purchased many things from Jose via the website but I have never actually met him yet. I was supposed to meet him in Dallas when his book came out but the signing was cancelled due to death threats. Of all the things I have purchased from him, my favorites are the 400th HR bat and ball, and the X-bat from the Expos that I have photomatched. I have yet to see another Canseco game used X-bat, has anyone else? It is a beautiful bat but the black SAM 400th HR bat is my favorite and will never part from my collection along with the ball. Sylbry, let me know if that was me that bought the Rangers bat from you. Your not the owner of Socci's Sports Den are you? Let me know if you remember the transaction I am talking about.

Todd

dcrules01
06-02-2007, 05:14 PM
Cool story ....

sylbry
06-02-2007, 07:02 PM
Hi Todd,

Great story. I did sell that bat on ebay a year or two back. The bat is easily identified because Jose wrote his number in both black and red ink on the bat. I have owned two Canseco bats, the other being a rookie bat that I also sold. I regretted selling both but had to. The Rangers bat sale allowed me to buy my first Puckett bat, unfortunately he died later that day.

I was on Jose's website yesterday and saw his first homer as a White Sox was off of Johan Santana. I would have loved to buy that ball.

If you or any other member here would like help photomatching game used items from Jose, I have a pretty remarkable Jose card collection that I could look through. Just thought I would offer.

Bryan

ps - Oh by the way, I am not a dealer. Just a collector.

Canseco44
06-02-2007, 08:03 PM
Yes I did buy it from you, because I remember the story about Puckett. I sold the bat also and I have no idea where it is. I have close to 2,000 different Canseco cards and have only photomatched a couple. It was good to hear from you. I still have not heard from anyne concerning the original topic of this thread. Does anyone have anything like a personal check made out to them from a player or something like that. Let me know.

Todd

JasonM33
06-02-2007, 08:37 PM
Not anyone that I've ever seen. Great story to go with it too.

-Jason M

chicagoglen
06-04-2007, 08:59 AM
Todd,

The collection is amazing! My favorite is probably everyone elses including yourself. The 400 homerun bat and ball. I don't think anything is better than that. I love the ink transfer on the bat and then seeing the loss of ink on the ball. Great job!

camarokids
06-04-2007, 10:11 AM
Hi Todd,
Very nice and pretty complete collection . I just bought 8 bats from the devil rays today !:D:D:D:D

Nnunnari
06-04-2007, 06:51 PM
nice collection Todd, I have a nice rookie era Worth bat that I would like to get signed, anybody on here know what my best bet is to track down Jose?

Nick