PDA

View Full Version : Game Exclusives

whatupyos
05-29-2007, 11:02 AM
Hello Forum Members:

I was thinking of buying a jersey from Game Exclusives and was wanting to know peoples opinions on their business. Are they good to do business with and reliable? I know they have some deals with the Cowboys and Redskins to name a few. How happy are you with the items you've purchased? Thanks.

Aaron

jayt1234
05-29-2007, 11:52 AM
I have bought a number of Cowboys items the last few months and have had nothing but good luck with them. I was looking for game used cleats and emailed ther provided contact address and Joe responded within a few minutes. I have since bought a game used throw back helmet and again he was extremely helpful. It was supposed to be shipped for delivery on a Friday (I was moving) so I bought 3 day express delivery. But because of a travel problem he was not going to be able to ship that Tuesday.

Instead of just shipping it as is, he called me on my cell phone to see it that was acceptable. I had to tell him I was not only moving that weekend but also going on vacation and I did not feel comfortable leaving it outside for the week, so if possible I really needed it by Friday, and he ended up getting it delivered by Friday.

I cannot say enough good things about this comapny and will continue to buy from them in the future.

Jay

ChrisCavalier
05-29-2007, 12:01 PM
Hello Forum Members:

I was thinking of buying a jersey from Game Exclusives and was wanting to know peoples opinions on their business. Are they good to do business with and reliable? I know they have some deals with the Cowboys and Redskins to name a few. How happy are you with the items you've purchased? Thanks.
Hello Aaron,

Based on my experience, if you are looking for legitimate game used items from the teams/players they carry, I would definitely recommend Game Exclusives. They have contractual agreements with the teams they represent to market their game used items and the wear on some of the items are unbelievable. In fact, at last year's National Convention I was at the Game Exclusives booth speaking with Joe White who works for them. Joe took me through some the jerseys at the booth and it was amazing to see the wear on some of them. In fact, Joe told me they (Game Exclusives) were once set up at a show and the people in the booth next to them complained because the jerseys smelled so bad. From the wear I could see on some of the jerseys he showed me, I don't doubt that story at all.

We also did have a few game Game Exclusives items in our GUU forum auction a short while back. I subsequently spoke with winner of a few of the Game Exclusives items and he said he thought the use on the items he won were incredible. Personally, given all the suspect items on the market right now, I would personally look for items with good use and provenance. Regarding provenance, I think Game Exclusives is about as good as it gets for the teams/players they represent.

I hope that helps.

Sincerely,
Chris Cavalier

whatupyos
05-29-2007, 01:37 PM
Chris and Jay:

I sincerely appreciate all your help regarding my post. It makes me that much more confident in the company. I'm glad you both have had positive experiences with them so I'm for sure going to buy a jersey from them. Thanks again for your helpful input. I hate to beat a dead horse but thats what makes this forum so great. Happy collecting!!

Aaron

David
05-29-2007, 03:05 PM
The Game Exclusive COAs I've seen are co-endorsed by the team the jersey comes from.

David
05-29-2007, 03:10 PM
In fact (to follow up), I believe the Game Exclusives COAs I saw were signed by a team official.

jayt1234
05-30-2007, 07:54 AM
The Game Used Exclusive COA's are signed by Bill Priakos who is the Dallas Cowboys Vice President of Merchandising.

Jay