PDA

View Full Version : Sports Collector's Heaven (aka: dalcowbill)

reed1216
05-26-2007, 09:34 PM
I notice that this EBay seller has a ton of amazing NFL stuff on EBay. Among the items are game worn jerseys from Emmitt Smith, Randy White and Michael Irvin, just to name a few.

Does anybody know anything about the seller?? Below is a link to a Roger Stauback game worn jersey they are selling.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ROGER-STAUBACH-GAME-USED-GAME-WORN-AUTO-BLUE-JERSEY_W0QQitemZ160120081858QQihZ006QQcategoryZ868 29QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Any thoughts???

aeneas01
05-27-2007, 04:50 AM
as an avid vintage football helmet collector, i've followed many of his pre-80s helmet listings through the years and, from what i can tell, they have all appeared to be the real deal. i've noticed that he also purchases helmets from sites such as american memorabilia, heritage, etc. and reslists them on ebay. if by some chance any of the helmets he lists as "game used" are not authentic, rest assured that they are the best imitations you will ever see imo.

not only that, but he also strikes me as a pretty honest dealer. for example, he has a don perkins helmet listed right now which he honestly states was made by helmet hut - i know of more than a few experienced ebay memorabilia dealers that would have omitted this nugget or, even worse, would have knowingly misrepresented the helmet entirely.

he also has a scott laidlaw helmet listed (he can't seem to move it as he's listed it many times before). what makes this helmet interesting is that it is a relatively rare given that it was manufactured by a long since defunct texas company named "protective product(s)". they weren't around for very long but they did produce great, heavily padded helmets. it seems that most of their helmets were destined for texas college teams but the cowboys, along with at least a couple of other nfl teams (chiefs, cards) were known to use them as well.

unfortunately i was disappointed in one of his past ebay listings - it was an early 70s authentic (coa) cowboys' suspension helmet that i had seen before at american memorabilia. the photos he included in his ad failed to show one side of the helmet which had a substantial crack and he made no mention of it in the text. to me this seemed more than an honest mistake....

worldchamps
05-27-2007, 10:44 AM
I have bought a lot of jerseys from the Equipment sale the Cowboys have, and he has bought a lot of them for me. Always good transactions.