PDA

View Full Version : Chipper Jones's gloves

skipcareyisfat
05-25-2007, 12:17 PM
I saw something cool on the Braves/Mets telecast on TBS last night. They do this 2 or 3 minute thing called "What's in my locker" (or something like that) during the middle of the game. Basically they take a camera to one of the lockers and the player talks about all the stuff he has in it. So yesterday it was Chipper Jones. The first thing he showed was this lockbox that was above the main part of his locker, and it contained every glove he's ever used in the major leagues. He pulled out the one he used in the '95 World Series. He showed one that had the name of one of his kids embroidered on it. And then there was a two-toned one that looked almost white compared to the others. (I'm colorblind so I don't know what the actual color was.) He said he only used it in BP because Bobby Cox hated it. Anyway I thought it was really interesting. After the segment wrapped, Joe Simpson - who's an ex-player and is now one of the Braves' TV guys - sounded amazed that Chipper still had all of his gloves. If I find it on YouTube or one of those places, I'll post a link to it.

vipfast10
05-30-2007, 12:09 PM
i left my room for a minute and missed this segment. please post if you find it. i only collect chipper items and couldnt believe i missed it. thanks, tim

kylehess10
05-30-2007, 12:26 PM
i left my room for a minute and missed this segment.

Same here :(

skipcareyisfat
05-30-2007, 01:44 PM
Sorry guys. Haven't had any luck finding it so far.

DrJ
05-30-2007, 09:16 PM
For what it's worth, I also saw this interview with Chipper, it was very interesting. I thought of KyleHess when I saw it (I just assumed of all people you would see it).