PDA

View Full Version : Movies Vs. Real Game?????

suave1477
05-24-2007, 01:37 PM
Here is a question that has been floating around in my had for a while and I would like to get toerh members opinions here or if anyone actuallt knows that would be great!!!

For the passed couple of weeks I have noticed there quite a few baseball related movies on cable as I was watching some of these movies I noticed at how some of the Teams Jerseys / Equipment are portrayed to look like real life teams Equipment.

So what makes me wonder how many of these Jerseys may end up as a Game Used Jersey???
Did the Production company get these Jerseys from the same places as the Teams do?
Are the Jreseys made just like actual Game Jerseys or is there something missing that would seperate them from a Game Jersey?

Here are some movies that had real like looking Jerseys worn by actors.
Major League
For the love of the Game
Cobb
Mr. 3000
Field of Dreams
Mr Baseball
Rookie of the Year
Eight men Out
Soul of the Game
61*
Talent for the Game

I wonder how many of these Jerseys worn by actors made it into the hobby as actual Game Used Jerseys and even worse as GAme Used Jersey worn by SuperStars.

Does anyone know how many Jerseys would be issued to each actor?

WOULD LOVE TO HEAR MEMBERS THOUGHTS

cards-bats
05-24-2007, 02:00 PM
I worked for a large advertising agency in Iowa that was loaned a bunch of uniforms for a pitch that were used in "Field of Dreams." It was a little before my time with the company, but I was told that all of the uniforms for the movie were kept by the either the Chamber of Commerce or the company that oversees the operation of the field.