PDA

View Full Version : Can I Get Input / EBAY -vs- Auction Houses

ahuff
05-23-2007, 07:06 AM
I really need some expertise, here.

I'm looking at liquidating most of my game used collection. I very busy at the office, right now, but could muster up the time to list items a few a day - on the Bay.

I've only once sent an item into an auction house (came with a letter from the athletes agent on company stationary), and it got sent back to me as being unsupported (By Lampson of all people).

Yet, I've also been burned by the Bay, as well. I once tried to sell an Arnold Palmer game used sweater on ebay. It had wonderful provenance w/a letter. I was only able to get $100 when I finally got a bid. Several months later, I saw it selling in an auction catalogue. It fetched over $4,000. (Personally, I think they were a tad misleading saying an SI cover showed him wearing it, but it wasn't the same sweater - you could tell by the cuffs).

Anyway, what is the best route. Most of my items are newer stuff. Not much stuff older than late 1990's, and most is from the 2000's. What is going to be my best route and still provide minimal opportunity costs lost. I'm really looking for advice from people experienced in both methods of selling. What are the pros and cons of each?

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

ahuff
05-23-2007, 07:08 AM
Sorry, I should have also asked on other question. (If this violates board posting rules, please consider them first and foremost).

What are the best auction houses/sites to work with?

ironmanfan
05-23-2007, 07:29 AM
Have you thought of listing your items for sale on this forum? I've been successful in moving several items.....You are dealing with a "target audience" so to speak and there are no fees...I don't know what it is you have available but its just another avenue to consider....Good Luck