PDA

View Full Version : Game Cut v.s. Game Issued

jayt1234
05-22-2007, 09:18 AM
I understand game used equates to actual game used and as such would represent a jersey with obvious game useage and repair.

However I have seen the terms "game cut" and "game issued" and I would have imagined they were the same, but could someone actually explain the difference?

I have two authentic Bledsoe Cowboys jersey's (blue & white) size 48 bought in a pro shop.

I also have two "game issued" jersey's one bought from Ebay (White Tennesse Titans Joe Salavea, 01-48). The sleeves have been cuffed and it came with a COA from the Titans indicating game issued.
http://i15.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/98/88/4956_1.JPG

The other is an away white New York Giants away Bob Whitfield (05-46, no sleeves, lineman cut) that was bought directly from the Giants and again was bough as game issued (sorry about the small image).
http://www.giantsproshop.com/images/products/xsmall/71w_05.jpg

Now I usually only collect Cowboys items but I liked both of these teams jersey's and believe that they would be authentic since both players would not be available in a proshop, but any opinions on what the intended use of these were?

Thank You in advance

Jay

mvandor
05-22-2007, 10:51 AM
In a perfect world "game issued" would mean the jersey came from the team and had been issued for an NFL player's use but was never used in a game. "Game cut" would have a broader definition, indicating a jersey had no trail from an NFL team but was cut like an NFL game issued jersey as opposed to retail "authentics" which in actuality are cut NOTHING like real game jerseys.

In reality, the terms are often abused.

suave1477
05-22-2007, 11:06 AM
mvandor good answer I was about to say something similar myself but by accident I erased what I said lol lol

To give a further example - Lets say even you had a completely blank Game Issued Yankees Jersey and added Jeters #2 to it. Does that make it GAme Issued Jeter Jersey "NO" but people will call it a Game Cut Jersey.

I have seen many people do similar things likethis on Ebay.