PDA

View Full Version : Won Auction at Devil Rays game tonight !!!

camarokids
05-19-2007, 10:39 PM
I won an auction tonight at the Devil Rays vs. Marlins (sounds fishy) game . Silent auction format ending at the end of the seventh inning . A very used Josh Paul batting helmet . I will post pictures asap.......

only problem with these is you pay too much for the item . But the positive , the money goes to The Ted Williams foundation and there is no question as to the authenticity and its a great item ....

chakes89
05-20-2007, 08:29 PM
Are you going to post pics?

camarokids
05-21-2007, 11:52 AM
sorry guys and gals for the delay in getting the pics to you .....

indyred
05-21-2007, 01:26 PM
Great looking helmet. Was there any other's they were auctioning? Do they Rays auction game used stuff at most home games?

camarokids
05-21-2007, 01:43 PM
They don't have the auctions every game . I have yet to figure out the logic behind when they do and don't . Except it seems on busy nights or games , they have auctions . The last Yankees Series they had auctions every night . But most the items were signed basebaslls and oversized pictures , there was one game used bat(item) a Josh Phelps Devil Rays bat.

The Marlins series this past weekend they had an auction only Saturdays game only . There were 3 gamers . A Cantu bat , the Josh Paul helmet and a Chad Orvella jersey. Plus the usual signed balls and pictures .

There was another auction during a different series a few weeks ago , they had more pictures and a game bat I can't remember who though .

Slim pickins though on the game used stuff . I think they are trying to maximize the amount of money they raise, by limiting the items . Which is smart for them.....

camarokids
06-25-2007, 09:12 PM
I think I found a photo match

camarokids
06-25-2007, 09:14 PM
Note the brim of the helmet , but especially the white spot above the TB . Any opinions ????

B1SON
06-25-2007, 10:37 PM
Looks good to me! ;)

camarokids
06-25-2007, 10:49 PM
Great looking helmet. Was there any other's they were auctioning? Do they Rays auction game used stuff at most home games?

I asked a lady at quest services the other day and she said every Saturday . They had an auction on Sundays game but no gu items just pictures framed and autographed ....