PDA

View Full Version : What's the word on the National and GUU's booth ? Who's going ?

camarokids
05-18-2007, 10:42 PM
Hi,
I am interested in traveling to see the National depending on date. I believe it is in Ohio? Are the GUU members working on meeting or what's the deal ? I would like to bring a good portion of my collection to display at the booth . If that's ok with the heads of GUU. I will search the net for info .

Also with our great oil compaines giving us such great deals on fuel . It may be wise to carpool . I am all ears .......

Thank you ,
David

Nathan
05-19-2007, 12:16 AM
It's in Cleveland at the I-X Center (same as it was two or three years ago). I'll be traversing up, as it's a two-hour drive for me. I'm sure we'll get more discussion going as travel plans get finalized closer to the event times (August 1-5)

The website for the show is http://www.nsccshow.com/

ChrisCavalier
05-19-2007, 08:30 PM
Hi,
I am interested in traveling to see the National depending on date. I believe it is in Ohio? Are the GUU members working on meeting or what's the deal ? I would like to bring a good portion of my collection to display at the booth . If that's ok with the heads of GUU. I will search the net for info .
Hello David,

While I'm not 100% sure where the other thread netted out about the forum members getting together, I still believe my initial proposal of meeting at the National would be a great start since a number of members are planning to be there anyway and won't need to incur additional travel expenses to make that happen.

Assuming there is interest, one of us at Game Used Universe will make plans to get our members together in some social setting outside the show and we will also make our booth available for people to come and meet other members during show hours. I do not have our actual booth number yet by I will forward it to everyone as soon as we know.

As for our actual booth space, it looks like it is going to be full with items that are being cosigned to our auction. We already have a number of great pieces committed and those will be on display at the shows for potential bidders to see. However, if you would like to bring your items to show I still think you will have an opportunity to show them to others on a personal level. In fact, I believe Rob Steinmetz and Mike Specht (and possibly others) will be joining me at our booth and I know we would love to chat with members and see their prized possessions.

In addition, Game Used Universe is also planning to do many more shows in the future and we welcome all of our members to use our booth in a similar fashion at any show we do. In fact, we will be setting up at the SportsFest from June 8-10 and anyone planning on attending is welcome to come see us there. Our booth number is 235 and I believe Rob Steinmetz is planning on joining me there (Rob is looking into his availability and will need to confirm). The show location is the Renaissance Schaumburg Hotel & Convention Center in Schaumburg, Illinois. We will also have some of the auction items on display there so people can start to get an idea of what the auction items will be like.

Overall, we will be doing many more shows in the future and I think we can use those opportunities to help bring our members together in person if they are interested.

Sincerely,
Chris Cavalier

sicollector1954@insightbb.com
05-20-2007, 01:02 PM
Chris--I will be sure to stop by and say hello at Sportsfest. It's too bad you can't pry Mike S. away from sunny California now that the snow is gone in Illinois! Also, Jim C. from Tar Heel country as well. Have had many interesting e-mail chats in the past but would someday like to me them in person. Thanks.
Dave

guDon
05-21-2007, 12:48 PM
Chris, will you consider displaying the items via an auction preview thread for those of us who can't make it to chicago?

ChrisCavalier
05-29-2007, 06:57 PM
Chris, will you consider displaying the items via an auction preview thread for those of us who can't make it to chicago?
Hello Donald,

In a recent post I made providing an update regarding GUU Auctions, I mentioned that we will try to preview some of the items on the GUU site for those who are unable to make the SportsFest. As an FYI, here is the link to the other thread regarding the update:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=8763

Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.

Sincerely,
Chris

RobSteinmetz
05-29-2007, 08:53 PM
Forum Members,

I am excited to announce that I will be at the Game Used Universe booth at Sportsfest (in Schaumburg, IL) on Friday and Saturday. If you are planning to attend the show, be sure to stop by our booth and say hello. Please consider bringing your game used jerseys, gloves, and other equipment by our booth to discuss consignment opportunities. Built by collectors for collectors, I hope everyone takes advantage of this opportunity to get in on the ground floor of the next generation of sports auctions.

Best,