PDA

View Full Version : GFC PULLS DOWN Marino Pitt "Freshmen" Jersey

amex46
05-15-2007, 10:53 AM
what bothers me is how they even listed this jersey, but not only listed it they put it as a featured item! with no photo style match or even getting more information on what style, cut, or supplier pitt had in this era! and i dont want to hear the "oh we couldn't find any pictures" or any more infomation about the jersey because with little effort they could have found a picture of him with at least a "style match". i remember a prior pitt marino gammer went for over 25k in an AMI auction, so i know for a fact they should have found at least one picture of him wearing this jersey because at that point this jersey chould have got over 30k imo if they did any homework on this jersey. but the fact is this jersey was NEVER worn by MARINO and i have to say i will give credit to GFC for pulling it down but i think this shows there lack of reserach they put into authenticating there "premier" lots. thoughts anyone?

i know we should give credit to auction houses for pulling items they later find out are not real, BUT WHY would a auction house list an item with no real proof it was worn by the player to begin with!

mvandor
05-15-2007, 12:25 PM
:p
what bothers me is how they even listed this jersey, but not only listed it they put it as a featured item! with no photo style match or even getting more information on what style, cut, or supplier pitt had in this era! and i dont want to hear the "oh we couldn't find any pictures" or any more infomation about the jersey because with little effort they could have found a picture of him with at least a "style match". i remember a prior pitt marino gammer went for over 25k in an AMI auction, so i know for a fact they should have found at least one picture of him wearing this jersey because at that point this jersey chould have got over 30k imo if they did any homework on this jersey. but the fact is this jersey was NEVER worn by MARINO and i have to say i will give credit to GFC for pulling it down but i think this shows there lack of reserach they put into authenticating there "premier" lots. thoughts anyone?

i know we should give credit to auction houses for pulling items they later find out are not real, BUT WHY would a auction house list an item with no real proof it was worn by the player to begin with!
What I'm seeing at many auction houses is ZERO effort to authenticate anything, but then items pulled as they're reported. Kind of a "catch me if you can" approach.

The use of Lampson BTW, doesn't come across as a legitimate effort to screen items, but rather as a minor investment to create an AIR of legitimacy around items to boost bidding.

Hard to believe the feds haven't gone after the auction houses, it's pretty darned obvious what's going on even to a relative layman like me.