PDA

View Full Version : Game Used Glove Storage

geoff
05-11-2007, 02:21 PM
I put all my all my Game Used batting gloves and a few fielding gloves I have in big ziplock plastic bags.Would that in time do anything bad to the Leather in time because Leather is suppose to breath. Would they mold up or any kind of funky smell etc.Also with Game Used Cleats.Thanks in advance Geoff.

3arod13
05-11-2007, 02:29 PM
I put all my all my Game Used batting gloves and a few fielding gloves I have in big ziplock plastic bags.Would that in time do anything bad to the Leather in time because Leather is suppose to breath. Would they mold up or any kind of funky smell etc.Also with Game Used Cleats.Thanks in advance Geoff.

Geoff, I would think it's not a good idea, unless you put a few small holes in them so they can breath/for air. If put in a warm/humid place, they would sweat and eventually mildew/stain/smell up the items. I think if you put a few holes in them, they would be ok. Any thoughts on that anyone?

Tony

geoff
05-13-2007, 02:51 AM
Thanks for the reply Tony.Does anyone else have anything to add to this thread.

geoff
10-08-2009, 01:35 PM
The Title says it all.I put most of my Game Used Batting Gloves in ZipLock Bags so no Air Gets in them.In Time would The Batting Gloves Dry out And would The Dirt on them just Start to Fall off.I Have Limited Space that is why I put them in The Bags.If this is not Good for The Batting Gloves I would like to Hear other ways what I could do with them so they don't get Damaged over Time.Any Help would be Great.

Thanks
Geoff

staindsox
10-08-2009, 04:37 PM
I keep my batting gloves in ziplocks too. The ones I don't have bagged have dried out (1980s Franklin gloves), but the ones in the bags remain in the exact condition they were in when they were used. They don't display as nice, but I like them staying as close to original condition as possible.

Chris

geoff
10-09-2009, 02:18 PM
Chris Thanks for your reply.Anyone else have anything on this Subject.

joelsabi
10-09-2009, 03:52 PM
i have bought some batting gloves a couple of times where the battinggloves were in ziplocks within the box so this explains it. thanks

Manram
10-09-2009, 05:26 PM
Yes, I have heard that a ziplock bag keeps them from drying out

Swoboda4
02-21-2010, 09:51 AM
Is there a particular problem that collectors need to pay attention to in regard to game used batting gloves? I've acquired my first pair and noticed it was packaged in a ziplock bag. As with all leather(chairs,jackets,baseball golves)they need to be occasionally treated to prevent cracking and drying out. Of course I'm not touching them but If left displayed without protection,since they're thin to begin with,would they eventually be a problem?

Manram
02-21-2010, 10:46 AM
I keep all of my batting gloves on plastic bags, as you should. And yes, over time they dry out, so this is why they are in a bag

HawaiiSportsNut
02-21-2010, 12:19 PM
Hey Geoff. I personally do not use ziplock bags because they contain PVC which will leach out & damage the items. It is much better to use some other long termed archival bags. The PVC contained in most bags will leach out in time & cause brown spotting on many materials. You can do a Google search on "archival storage bags". I buy my archival bags at a local high end picture framing shop. Hope this helps.

Rick

geoff
02-21-2010, 04:20 PM
Thanks for The Info.I will read up on that.

AWA85
02-21-2010, 04:57 PM
Just curious how do you preserve your game used fielding gloves? Over years will the be fine, or is there anything that should be done to maintain them?

As of now I have been keeping mine in football mirrored back display cases.

LastingsMilledge85
02-21-2010, 05:00 PM
I leave my batting gloves and fielding glove just out in the open. So far, have not had any problems.

Swoboda4
02-27-2010, 01:08 AM
Just acquired a pair of batting gloves and they were packed in ziplock bags. Seeing how thin they are I would imagine if displayed in the open they would eventually dry out. What is the accepted way to maintain/display game used batting gloves?-Thanks

Swoboda4
02-27-2010, 03:14 AM
Groundhog day. Ignore my last question as I asked it not too long ago but thought it wasn't sent.