PDA

View Full Version : Question on value

Vintagedeputy
05-07-2007, 09:29 PM
I am considering selling/auctioning my 1985 Yankees home pinstripe jersey of Dan Pasqua. Jersey is signed across the front and has all proper tagging.

Question is, what are everyone's opinion on what this jersey might bring in the market? This jersey has been in my collection since 1986 (I purchased it from a friend who was friends with a Yankees clubhouse employee). I know that Yankee home gamers are tough (reportedly) to find.

I welcome your honest opinions.......

Vintagedeputy
05-09-2007, 08:19 AM
anyone have an opinion?

suave1477
05-09-2007, 08:55 AM
Hello Vintage I am not an expert in saying this I am sure there are some others here who might be able to help you better.

But I am going to take a stab in the dark.

I would say roughly about $400 and that is because you said its a 1985 Jersey which would make it his Rookie Jersey. Otherwise possibly $300 to $350.

My reasoning for this is statiscally Pasqua was not a Major star or a Semi star his leftime average was .244 total career home runs over 10 seasons was 117.
Even though you have a Home Jersey which would possibly increase the value from about up $25 to $50 from a Road Jersey which would put ir right about where I said previously.

Just to give you a comparison a 86 Road Ken Griffey Sr. Jersey is up for auction for the 3rd time, the, First time it was up for bid starting at $500 - Ended with no winner / The Second time it was up for Bid it got one bid and sold at $500 / its back up now for a third time and started at $250 and its Bid up to just $275 / which tells me this time around it most likely will not even scratch the surface of $500. And Ken Griffy Sr. is a Semi Star player - 3 Time All Star & All Star MVP - also a fan favorite, a member of the Big Red Machine, and Ken Griffey Jr's father.

So bearing all that in mind what possibly the Ken Griffey Sr. Jersey might do, might put into perspective what a Dan Pasqua Jersey might do!!!

Vintagedeputy
05-09-2007, 09:54 AM
suave - thanks for the input. I know that in the pre-Steiner days, home Yankees jerseys were tough to come by. I was a friend of a friend of Pasqua's when he was a rising star with the Yanks in the mid 80's. This is indeed his rookie home jersey with the Sheehey black armband. I got it from a guy who was friends with a Yankees clubhouse guy. Story was that the clubhouse guy had a gambling problem and the players would give him stuff to sell to pay off his debts. I also have a pair of Pasqua's spikes from the same era.

I've been thinking about selling the jersey and spikes to free up some cash for other stuff. I was just wondering what the market would bare.