PDA

View Full Version : Pink Player Xbats available to the public

metsbats
05-07-2007, 07:38 PM
http://www.xbats.com/products.asp?cat=11&PARTNER=2007MayEmail

I receive an email from XBATS offering Pink Mother's Day pro player bats. Same exact bat used by the players. Portion of the sales goes to Breast Cancer research.

-David

camarokids
05-07-2007, 08:08 PM
the bats will have PRO TROPHY instead of PRO MAPLE....

metsbats
05-07-2007, 08:51 PM
Which is a good thing!

They advertise the bat as the same wood, same size, etc so to the untrained eye one may think it's a pro model. Wonder how many of these will eventually make it out to the market with use and claims of game used even though XBATS forgot to note that pro model are engraved with "pro maple" and trophy bats with "pro trophy".

I also wonder if they are really maple bats and not regular ash. Maple bats are better wood and more expensive.

-David

dcrules01
05-07-2007, 08:59 PM
What bats will Reyes and Wright be using??? Id like to get a copied bat of theres...

camarokids
05-07-2007, 10:13 PM
Which is a good thing!

They advertise the bat as the same wood, same size, etc so to the untrained eye one may think it's a pro model. Wonder how many of these will eventually make it out to the market with use and claims of game used even though XBATS forgot to note that pro model are engraved with "pro maple" and trophy bats with "pro trophy".

I also wonder if they are really maple bats and not regular ash. Maple bats are better wood and more expensive.

-David

It could be viewed as being a little slick on their website . For if I didn't know about the "pro trophy" and "pro maple" differences , I wouldn't have looked closely at the picture and seen the bat labeling w/ Pro Trophy.

However they do list it in their description "This is a Pro Player Trophy Bat..."

Also on their site is some good reading material about bats ....

Metsbats brings up a good point , you know there will always be a few scandalous people that will try and be sneaky. Just a matter of how many we will see...

That just means GUU Forum Members will have to be on the constant and ready lookout.

Also I received my first X-Bat today . I have always been skeptical about buying one , but I bought it from Locker Room Memorabilia. I will post pics in a bit . My wife and baby are sleeping so I have to be quiet....