PDA

View Full Version : How to Remove Wrinkles?

Robert Sanders
04-24-2007, 10:03 PM
I just took a poly knit jersey out of storage, only to discover that it had been crumpled up pretty badly. Does anyone out there have any suggestions for how to take the wrinkles out, ideally avoiding adding any non-game related wash wear to it? Thanks in advance!

Robert

Jags Fan Dan
04-25-2007, 09:42 AM
You could try using a spray bottle with water in it and spraying the affected areas, then put in the dryer on a lower setting for about 20-30 minutes.

BoneRubbedBat
04-25-2007, 11:01 AM
Lay it flat on the ironing board, place a towel over it, and iron it (low setting) through the towel. Works even better if you hang the shirt in the bathroom and leave the shower on hot for a few minutes to steam it up some. White towels are best. I wouldn't use red......

Jags Fan Dan
04-25-2007, 11:37 AM
I like that idea even better!

otismalibu
04-25-2007, 12:27 PM
I had a M&N mesh hoops jersey that had a bad crease across the front. The iron trick didn't make any difference. I took it to a local dry cleaner and they gave it a quick steam press and it made a considerable difference. They charged me $2 and it took five minutes. Not sure how that would affect a gamer with dirt on it.

Robert Sanders
04-25-2007, 02:08 PM
I had a M&N mesh hoops jersey that had a bad crease across the front. The iron trick didn't make any difference. I took it to a local dry cleaner and they gave it a quick steam press and it made a considerable difference. They charged me $2 and it took five minutes. Not sure how that would affect a gamer with dirt on it.

Thanks so much for the advice, both of you! I will first try the WHITE towel iron trick and if that doesn't work I will try the commercial steam press option.