PDA

View Full Version : THis year Tarpons throwbacks - read to save $$$

jake33
04-22-2007, 01:08 PM
Ok, as many of you know I only collect Buccaneers and Devil Rays items. I was thinking of doing this and being open with you all. which could all save us some money. Basically from the Tarpons auction that will come up in July will have all the game jerseys available for sale... you know how it works. The ones I REALLY want from the auction is the Jonny Gomes, James Shields, Ben Zobrist, and Kazmir gamers. Not that my wants will prevent anyone from bidding, but i wanted to throw it out there and be OPEN with you.

Ok, now with that said I am going to put hundreds of dollars into running down 5-6 other Rays gamers from the throwback game. What I was looking for is if there is ANYONE on the forum that REALLY wants any Tarpons throwback jersey that I list below, PLEASE let me know which ones you want really bad and I will NOT bid on that particular jersey. Like I said the only one I want really bad is the Jonny Gomes, shields, zobrist and Kazmir (which I'll probably drop $950 for just on Kaz). Below are the ones i will make a legit run at but not a live or die effort for. Below is an approximate max bid that I will place.

Akinori Iwamura - I'd throw $650 at it
Brendan HArris - I'll throw $300 at it
Edwin jackson - ...$250
Shawn Camp - ...$250
Scott Cursi - ...$250
Dioner Navarro - ...$280

See, i am just a Rays fan and I will assimilate to get a jersey that will be cheaper too, let me know how bad you want something and if you want it real bad, I won't bid (u can check too my MLB bidding id is jake33). Then we all win. Let try to me more logical in our purchases rahter than being so emotional and impulsive. That is the manipulation that bidding can cause on people... This way we all save money and still get what we want. Email me at jahimiak33@yahoo.com and I will work with you if you work with me.

Granted there will be others that bid and we can't control them, but doing stuff this way would save us cash which is always good...

I am being very open and honest with all of you. If you are the same with me we can all be happy.

The auction will be at the end of summer in august, lets just be honest with each other to make stuff more cohesive. If you want to great if not, then that is how it goes. I just wanted to try something different and I put my stuff on the line right now, while at the same time sticking it indirectly to MLB auctions which is fun...

let me know your thoughts, thanks guys!

both-teams-played-hard
04-22-2007, 02:04 PM
Jake
Did you buy this jersey from me a few years ago? Is the buyer of this jersey a forum member? THANKS!
http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/8005/tampa1ys8.jpg
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/8207/tampa3pp5.jpg

jake33
04-22-2007, 06:24 PM
nope, i have never seen that jersey before...

ham1963
04-22-2007, 09:34 PM
Who are the Devil Rays playing in that series??????
John

jake33
04-23-2007, 07:55 AM
well I said it was on 6/23/07 and you could do 3 minutes of effort on a google search instead of expecting someone else to do the work. But they are playing the dodgers for their throwback game.

Was I smug? Yes,

Was I honest? Yes.

So there is nothing legitimate to complain about.

People in this entire hobby need to do more of THEIR OWN homework rather than expecting others to do so. Case and point the idiotic COA.

jake33
04-23-2007, 07:56 AM
oops, that was DUMB of me! i didn't post that the throwback game was on 6/23/07 ... soory for being a prick without logic to back it up, my fault.

ham1963
04-23-2007, 01:57 PM
Jake 33
Thanks for the info I thought it would be just as easy to ask you :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

both-teams-played-hard
04-23-2007, 02:29 PM
So has everyone decided what Devil Rays "Tarpons" throwbacks they're bidding on?

jake33
04-23-2007, 03:52 PM
both team played hard, you are being sarcastic and passive aggressive which is fine, but the point was to be open and the POSSIBILITY of saving money can presist. So i threw this post out there with no real loss. 1 person emailed me and I won't bid on their item and likewise.

This concept of being open with what jerseys people want COULD be used for jersey auctions (like giants, braves or brewers throwbacks) that a lot more collectors actually care about so they can save money. Yes, not many people give a rip about the tarpons throwbacks, which is why I got great prices on them last year. I do care though and it was important to me to have this post for the possibility to save a buck or two. ANd let's face it we are all in life to see what is in it for Yourself and your family. And you shouldn't feel guilty about it.

Also since the D-Rays will be changing their uniforms (i have on VERY good authority to Blue w/ gold trim) I wanted to have EPIC jerseys that will be fun to haev rather than DATED old logo appareal, before I will be able to run down a new styler gamer over a year from now.

jake33
04-23-2007, 03:55 PM
Also, if you want to be sarcastic I am more than happy to give you my office phone line and you can say a passive aggressive or sarcastic to me in over the phone instead of trying to sound cute on a forum. But that is your style and it isn't my place to say that it was wrong of you to do that, I just don't get it.

I can see Eric right now thinking, "Jake33, there is no need to be obnoxious. Knock it off."

But I am just being open and honest. I thought honesty is what we want this industry to be anyways. Hmmm.... maybe not that honest though, right?

ham1963
04-23-2007, 04:54 PM
Now, Now, boys play nice or I am going to have to require you to sit and watch a Praire View College Baseball game:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

bigtime59
04-23-2007, 06:06 PM
Jake:
Any idea what they're going to look like this year? And what on earth are the Dodgers going to wear, since they now essentially wear throwbacks every day???
The blue and gold scheme sounds like it's going to suck, btw...:(
Blue must be the single most over used color in baseball. If you're right, every team in the AL East, except the Orioles, will be wearing some shade of blue. I bet they decide to go with some lame-ass custom number font, too. :mad:

jake33
04-23-2007, 07:07 PM
I am not sure on what the throwbacks will look like the 1999 tarpons jersye were pinstripe vest that were very ugly.

And 2 years ago the Rays wore a U of Tampa black pinstripe throwback jersey that was HORRIBLE. Also, it didn't have a last name on the back which made the player ID on a VERY obscure jersey unidentifiable by any casual fan. Heck even if I saw one of the U of Tampa throwback I would have very little idea who the jersey was of...

I hope they are the same as last year. I LOVE the pullover style and simble fonts with no outline, great classic look. I am sure the new Rays jerseys will be hidious, trendy jerseys are awful and never last.

Even though I love the 1980's astros, brewers and white sox to name a few but they were so bad they became classic...

easyking
05-20-2007, 01:47 PM
The Rays will be wearing St Petersburg Saints uniforms for the 2007 throwback game, btw.

Not sure why they don't bust out the St Pete Pelicans unis...

easyking
05-20-2007, 01:50 PM
Jake:
Any idea what they're going to look like this year? And what on earth are the Dodgers going to wear, since they now essentially wear throwbacks every day???
The blue and gold scheme sounds like it's going to suck, btw...:(
Blue must be the single most over used color in baseball. If you're right, every team in the AL East, except the Orioles, will be wearing some shade of blue. I bet they decide to go with some lame-ass custom number font, too. :mad:

I got this email from the Rays:
This season, the Rays will be turning the clock back to 1955, in honor of Senior Advisor Don Zimmer’s rookie season. Zimmer was a member of the Dodgers’ World Series Champion team that season. For the game on June 23, the Rays will be wearing 1955 St. Petersburg Saints jerseys, and the Dodgers will be wearing 1955 Brooklyn Dodgers jerseys. Following the game, the jerseys will be put up for auction on the Rays web site in order to raise money for the Rays Foundation.

possum
05-22-2007, 06:33 PM
They are also doing a past and present Don Zimmer bobblehead. Two little Zims on one base, then and now.

ham1963
05-22-2007, 09:45 PM
How can they fit the "NOW" Zimmer on base with anyone else. That must be one big base.:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: