PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Mauer or Nomar game-used bat

nomarmauerfan
04-21-2007, 02:37 PM
I'm looking for a game-used Joe Mauer &/or Nomar bat. Feel free to send me an email with pics to dixey2044@msn.com

Mike

nomarmauerfan
04-23-2007, 12:20 PM
Anyone...please?

Mike

staindsox
04-23-2007, 12:45 PM
Vintagebats.com has a 2005 Mauer and Andy might have something else if you drop him an email. If anyone has a 2006 Mauer, drop me an email at staindsox@hotmail.com.

Chris

staindsox
04-23-2007, 12:53 PM
Mike,
Talk with Jason or Charlie at Nick's Sports World in Mpls. They should have a Mauer, but have no idea what their asking price is.

Chris

staindsox
04-23-2007, 02:03 PM
gameusedbat.com has a nice red sox nomar bat.

nomarmauerfan
04-23-2007, 03:27 PM
Are Mauer bats really going for $795? Wow!!! Chris, thanks for the tips...who is Andy? Thanks.

Mike

staindsox
04-23-2007, 04:07 PM
Andy runs vintagebats.com and is a great guy to talk with. I don't really know what the going price is for a Mauer bat right now. It was around $400 before he won the batting title. Then the Twins Proshop started charging $700 or so for his 2006 bats. I just had a 2005 Mauer with Proshop COA on eBay for 10 days with a $575 Buy It Now and a lower reserve. I ended the auction early because the reserve had not been met, but I had an excellent offer in a trade. If you aren't looking for a particular bat, I would wait on getting a Mauer, just to see what the prices are. I'm curious to see what the Proshop will charge for his 2007 stuff. They might be in the $400 range, but it may stay up there if they can sell them at that price. I can't imagine that the price on his stuff will stay that high forever. The more bats he uses, the more that enter the market, which would logically affect the pricing on his bats. There are lots of Hall of Famers whose bats sell for a lot less than $800...it all depends on how badly you want one now. You could get a Puckett, Molitor, Yount, etc for that price...Joe has a long way to go before he is in that league. Best of luck!

Chris

bat_master
04-23-2007, 04:33 PM
Andy runs vintagebats.com and is a great guy to talk with. I don't really know what the going price is for a Mauer bat right now. It was around $400 before he won the batting title. Then the Twins Proshop started charging $700 or so for his 2006 bats. I just had a 2005 Mauer with Proshop COA on eBay for 10 days with a $575 Buy It Now and a lower reserve. I ended the auction early because the reserve had not been met, but I had an excellent offer in a trade. If you aren't looking for a particular bat, I would wait on getting a Mauer, just to see what the prices are. I'm curious to see what the Proshop will charge for his 2007 stuff. They might be in the $400 range, but it may stay up there if they can sell them at that price. I can't imagine that the price on his stuff will stay that high forever. The more bats he uses, the more that enter the market, which would logically affect the pricing on his bats. There are lots of Hall of Famers whose bats sell for a lot less than $800...it all depends on how badly you want one now. You could get a Puckett, Molitor, Yount, etc for that price...Joe has a long way to go before he is in that league. Best of luck!

Chris

I agree with Chris completely. I've known Andy for almost 10 years and he is a great guy to talk to regarding the industry. We get togther for lunch about once a month and swap stories.

I think he may have a Mauer left, but I'm not sure. Definitely worth a shot though.

nomarmauerfan
04-23-2007, 07:15 PM
Thanks guys. I'm new at all of this. I'm looking for a Mauer bat to keep for my son until his high school graduation (he's 6 now!!!). My grandmother gave me a 1963 Mickey Mantle card to me for mine and its one of my most cherished possessions. If I could sell my Keith Hernandez and Darryl Strawberry bats (got them when I was a teenager), then I'd be on my way. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks kindly.

Mike

BTW, the Mauer is on hold and is $795. Nick's Sports World has one, but they want $1500!!!

jt-bats
04-23-2007, 07:50 PM
I just picked up a 2007 Mauer at the Twins Minnetonka Pro Shop on Saturday. It was $750 but it was also the bat he used against the Yankees and drove in his 1st RBI of the year with.

Jeff

staindsox
04-23-2007, 08:40 PM
Hey Jeff, is 06 or 07 stamped on the knob of the Mauer bat? Thanks.

Chris

jt-bats
04-23-2007, 09:03 PM
Chris, It's a 07 bat.

staindsox
04-23-2007, 10:23 PM
Thanks, I was asking because sometimes players still have bats from the previous season and I'm looking for an 06 Mauer.

Tay1038
04-24-2007, 01:05 PM
I previously owned that 2005 Joe Mauer bat before I delt it to Andy. Its a beautiful bat and is worth the price he is asking! Its one of his best examples.

nomarmauerfan
04-25-2007, 11:22 AM
Found the Mauer bat today at the Twins Pro Shop in Roseville. Thanks everyone for the help. I appreciate it.

Mike