PDA

View Full Version : Julius Jones / Under Armour

jayt1234
04-18-2007, 08:34 PM
Hello,

I was hoping that some of you could help me out.

I bought a pair of 2006 Julius Jones GU Cowboys cleats from Game Used Exclusivea. Also included was Drew Bledsoe GU socks as well as a matted / framed picture of a game used big 3 (Bledsoe, Owens, Jones with portions of a game used jersey). I just recieved it and am totally satisfied...Except that all of the photos I could find of Julius Jones (including the one in the picture) has him wearing Black & White Under Armour cleats for 2006. To be honest this is what I expected as being game worn for 2006 (I did not see photo before buying, just email between myself and Joe from Game Used Exclusives).

I recieved white and dark navy Nike low top Super Bad molded cleats size 12 with a black marker 21 on the inside of each shoe. Oddly enough on the inside sizing tag they have two different manufacuted dates on each tag one in 2005 and one in 2006 (both dates on each tag).

I know he taped up his shoes (even the Under Armour), but do any of you know if he switched from Nike mid season? Or did he just wear the Under Armour for just a few games. Since my COA indicates game worn in 2006 I think it would be interesting to know if he wore Nike at all in 2006 in games.

Thank You in advance for any input or advice at all.

Jay T

ekin27
04-19-2007, 08:06 AM
I have no knowledge about what Julius Jones wore in 06, but I think I can give you a place to start your research.

In 2005 the only shoes that could be worn on field were NIKE & RBK.

In 2006 Adidas & UA applied for and were granted approval to be added to the on field supplier list.

This approval did not come right away though. I believe Reggie Bush was fined for wearing Adidas prior to the approval going through.

As for a mid season player switch I can give you this example. When AJ Hawk showed up for mini camp he was an UA athelete, but wore NIKE until the NFL added them as a supplier.

Once the approval came he wore UA.

So I would check Mini Camp, Pre Season & Early Season photos and you might see your shoes in action.

Hope this helps a bit.

Jack

jayt1234
04-19-2007, 10:40 AM
I emailed Joe from Game Used Exclusives reagrding this question, and he replied within twenty minutes. As I had mentioned earlier I was in no way complaining just wanted to know the history of the cleats.

Anyway he mentioned that he did in fact wear Under Armour for a few games until the NFL stepped in and he was forced to wear the Nike shoes I recieved.

The fact that he responded so quickly and has been so helpful has been great. I cannot reccomend them enough. They are working with a few teams other than the Cowboys so I would reccoemnd checking out there site.

Jay T

worldchamps
04-19-2007, 01:16 PM
Jay T

I never heard back from you, you mentioned you were looking for Cowboy items, I have a lot from when they used to have tent sales before Game Exclusives stepped in.

Jason Witten jersey and gloves
Keyshawn Jersey
Terry Glenn cleats
Sam Hurd Cleats
Terrance Newman gloves

Let me know if you are interested

rangersstars@yahoo.com

ksuftballfan1
04-20-2007, 09:22 PM
worldchamps, are the terence newman gloves for sale?

worldchamps
04-21-2007, 09:49 AM
Sorry the Terance Newman gloves are now sold