PDA

View Full Version : Reggie White Game Issue Jersey

mvandor
04-18-2007, 09:36 AM
Interested in others view of value/legitimacy of the below "game issued" and signed Reggie White jersey. PSA authenticated the sig, but is this another "off the shelf" game cut or could it be an actual Packer sourced game issue?

http://simpworld.com/ebay/white.jpg

gwh11
04-18-2007, 10:52 AM
I don't collect "game issued" jerseys, but I'd think the value is certainly compromised by not only the missing NFL Anniversary patch (noted in the auction description), but by the fact that this jersey appears to have tackle-twill numbers sewn on. Packers jerseys in '94 had screened-on names and numbers (except for the throwbacks they wore in a few games that year). In 1995 they started w/the tackle-twill names/numbers, for the first time since they stopped using durene jerseys.
Guy

mvandor
04-18-2007, 11:00 AM
Thanks GWH. While size 48 is great for display/framing, it struck me as well that 48 was too small for a guy like Reggie White. Style makes it a notch better than a run of the mill Reggie White authentic I reckon, and the sig has at least been PSA authenticated (for what that's worth) but after your input and consideration of the size issue, I'm inclined to believe it's one of the many off the shelf "game cut" jerseys feeding the fraud in the market place.

cbb5
04-18-2007, 12:49 PM
I agree with what you're saying, I just wanted to throw out there that sizes can be a deceiving thing. I have a Mike Strahan game used jersey from 1998 (from the team through Meigray) that is a size 46! So 48 is conceivable for Reggie White since he was a bit bigger than Strahan. I still agree that this is most likely not team issued, just wanted to bring up the size issue.

mvandor
04-18-2007, 01:19 PM
I agree with what you're saying, I just wanted to throw out there that sizes can be a deceiving thing. I have a Mike Strahan game used jersey from 1998 (from the team through Meigray) that is a size 46! So 48 is conceivable for Reggie White since he was a bit bigger than Strahan. I still agree that this is most likely not team issued, just wanted to bring up the size issue.
Thank you.

What I'm learning is that nearly all of these fraudulent game cut jerseys look exactly the same - the real short cut sleeves, extra long length, no taper at all. Now that I know the blueprint to look out for I'll be a bit better armed to flesh out some of the cons.