PDA

View Full Version : Grey Flannel question

kingjammy24
01-07-2006, 03:46 AM
Grey Flannel sells jerseys on it's Website. (From the "Sales Inventory", not the auctions). Are these jerseys that have been purchased by Grey Flannel or consigned to them? If they're jerseys that have been purchased, do they come with a Grey Flannel LOA? That is, have they been authenticated by Grey Flannel?

I've never bought from them so I was curious how they work.

Rudy.

trsent
01-07-2006, 04:52 AM
Grey Flannel sells jerseys on it's Website. (From the "Sales Inventory", not the auctions). Are these jerseys that have been purchased by Grey Flannel or consigned to them? If they're jerseys that have been purchased, do they come with a Grey Flannel LOA? That is, have they been authenticated by Grey Flannel?

I've never bought from them so I was curious how they work.

I know how to find your answer, Rudy!!!

Grey Flannel

8 Moniebogue Lane
Westhampton Beach, NY 11978
Business - 631-288-7800
Fax - 631-288-7820
Toll Free - 800-242-8647
gfcsports@aol.com (gfcsports@aol.com)

Now, you can call them and pay for the call, you can fax them and pay for the call, or you can call them toll free, and you don't even have to pay for the call. Wait, if you wish, you can email them at the email address just by clicking the gfcsports@aol.com (gfcsports@aol.com) found above. Oh wait, look, again you can just click the underlined email address in my previous sentence. Oh wait, if you have .39 cents, you can also write them a letter via US Mail, but I would include a SASE to receive your answer or you may never receive a reply. I guess then it will cost an extra .39 cents.

I'm so silly when I am just waking up and getting ready for a 3AM date.

I'll bet all their game used items come with their letter, even though I can't find anywhere on the web site that states as such.

metsbats86
01-07-2006, 11:21 PM
Don't mean to digress from the initial thread posting but..

We hardly hear of any positive stories about Grey Flannel on this forum. Back in the early ninties Frank Barning featured me in his Barnstorming column in SCD as I wanted to correspond with fellow 86 Met collectors. The column mentioned that I was having a hard time acquiring an Ed Hearn GU bat. Rich Russek sent me an unsolicited email stating he had Ed Hearn and Roger McDowell GU bats available and offered them both to me for $75 each. The Hearn bat was even an 86 NLCS orange ring bat!

Needless to say I immediately took him up on his offer and he even include a GF LOA. This is something I'll always be grateful for and thought it was a nice gesture for an auction house to go out of it's way to contact a collector to help fill a need.

Rich if you are reading this Thanks Again!

Regards,
David Louie

trsent
01-08-2006, 12:45 AM
David, what is funny is very rarely is this forum used to discuss positive experiences in the industry. I have had many great workings with Grey Flannel myself. We often only hear the negatives because so many people just like to dwell on them because why talk about the positives?

Great story, by the way!

EndzoneSports
01-08-2006, 02:17 PM
David, what is funny is very rarely is this forum used to discuss positive experiences in the industry...

Having been involved in the collectibles hobby for about 30 years and collecting/researching game-used jerseys for nearly 20 of those years now, I can share a brief review of my experiences:

I've had several wonderfully, positive experiences dealing with Grey Flannel (mostly with Andy I.) and have added a number of their pieces to my personal collection; I've also found myself VERY disappointed with them at times for some of the blunders that have slipped through the cracks.
I've had positive experiences with Lou Lampson at times, and at others, I've beat my head against the wall wondering what planet he was from
I've bought a number of quality pieces from American Memorabilia's auctions and have received top-notch service from Vic M & Co., then again, I've also butted heads with them in frustration on a number of occasions when they were proved dead wrong, but refused to budge
Etc, etc (fill in the name of dealer/authenticator) So what does this tell you? On any given day a person may have positive or negative encounters with any given dealer/authenticator and no one single experience makes or breaks a reputation.

This forum (and others like it, I have found) tends to be a refuge for people to air their petty gripes and frustrations. As someone immersed in a business heavily dependant upon quality, I find that this board is a micro chasm of society in general in terms of views on quality/service.... When someone is treated well, they may very likely tell someone else; when they're treated poorly rest assured that they'll tell 10 people.

Regards,

kingjammy24
01-08-2006, 05:38 PM
Patrick,

During your numerous dealings with GF, did you purchase items from them which they owned (as opposed to auction/consigned items)? Were these items authenticated by GF and include a GF LOA?

If the answer to my original thread question is yes, then I'd like to pose a follow-up question. (Just to make sure my intentions aren't misinterpreted, rest assured I genuinely want to know the answer. I'm not trying to fan any flames here). My follow-up question to all forum members:

- Is it not a huge, irreconcilable conflict of interest when a dealer directly sells items that only they themselves (or their directly employed authenticators) have authenticated?

It's a fundamental tenet that appraisers shouldn't sell or buy items they have appraised. I think the reasons are obvious. Most professional auction houses, antique stores, art houses, etc are aware of this basic rule. GF is in a 'challenging' situation because they're one of the few businesses that states it's both a dealer and authenticator. Most are either dealers or authenticators or auction houses but not all 3 at once. In an arrangement of this nature, it would require a good amount of effort to ensure the different sides don't affect each other. When substantial profits come into play there may be a good deal of 'subtle' pressure from the Sales dept on the Authentication department. I imagine the only way to ensure an ethical business of this nature is to refuse to sell or buy any items submitted for authentication and conversely to sell only items which have been authenticated by a third party. Note: LOA's are different than warranties. Warranties outline the buyer's recourse. LOA's state authenticity.
Does GF really sell items they've authenticated?

Rudy.

trsent
01-08-2006, 05:58 PM
- Is it not a huge, irreconcilable conflict of interest when a dealer directly sells items that only they themselves (or their directly employed authenticators) have authenticated?

Rudy, common, you are going to lose this one.

Doesn't MEARS publish which items they have a finical interest in major auctions somewhere?

What is the difference. They authenticate an item and then they sell it with their letter. I do not believe this to be a conflict. If it is, then Upper Deck Authenticated would be out of line selling merchandise with their letter of authenticity, right?

I like having debates, but I do not find much point to your issues with this topic. If a buyer has an issue with an item from Grey Flannel, they can send it to MEARS or Lou Lampson to have them authenticate it. I believe all items in the GF Auction come with a Grey Flannel letter, why is this a conflict to you?

They authenticate an item, find it valid and sell it - What are they doing wrong?

kingjammy24
01-08-2006, 07:01 PM
Joel,

Good to see your caps button is off. Har har just kidding!
Re: conflict of interest. I can't 'lose' this one simply because it's fact. It's not me making this up, it's a basic tenet of the industry. Here is an excerpt from the Code of Ethics from the International Society of Appraisers:

"A dealer / appraiser should not make an appraisal of an item of personal property that the dealer/appraiser will buy, or that the dealer / appraiser owns and intends to sell."

Why Joel? Because if the dealer/appraiser intends on buying it, then he might issue an authentication which intentionally lowers the value of the item so he can buy it for cheaper. Example: Joel Alpert finds an '89 Bo Jackson jersey in his attic and doesn't know what it is. The truth is it's a game-worn jersey. Joel comes to me with this jersey. I'm both an authenticator and dealer. Joel is going to rely on my authentication. Recognizing that it's a $1000 Bo Jackson that, as a dealer I could easily re-sell, I say "Ok I'll buy it and I'll authenticate it. Let's see, my 'authentication' says it's just a replica, I'll give you $150". I intentionally issued a false authentication because I had a personal financial stake. Had I only been an authenticator who was paid regardless of the outcome of the authentication, I would have no incentive whatsoever to lie.
Secondly Joel, if I intend to sell an item, how do you possibly think my authentication will turn out? Here's a hint: It's legit. I don't even need to see it. If I'm going to make money selling it, then my authentication will magically make it legit. You can't see this?

Here is Dave Grob commenting on MEARS' policy to avoid this blatant conflict of interest:

"A [MEARS employee] may sell an item in a private transaction as an individual, but that item can not be submitted for a MEARS evaluation as part of that transaction. They will have to provide an independent letter of their own, just like any other dealer in the industry who buys and sells....In addition, we do not charge an auction house for the work done on those consigned items as it would be a conflict of interest for a MEARS member to profit both from the work and the submission at the expense of the auction house."

PSA/DNA's CEO Michael Hayes: "We consider it a conflict of interest for a seller to be the authenticator because this places the seller in a position of bias. Our employee-authenticators do not buy or sell and our company does not buy or sell...."

"They authenticate an item, find it valid and sell it - What are they doing wrong?"

Here's why it's a conflict: If you're going to sell an item, then there is a likelihood that this possibility of profit will cause you to authenticate an item in your favor. Furthermore Joel, if you're going to buy an item in order to re-sell and you're going to base the value of that item on your own "authentication" then again there is the "great likelihood" that you're intentionally going to issue a false authentication in order to buy it at a lower price for yourself. Want more? If you run a business, then the more more "authentic" items you have, the more you can sell and the more money you can make. Selling 150 "authentic" jerseys will bring you far more profit than selling 5. Well if the person who decides if these jerseys are authentic is the same damn person profiting from their sale, then how do you think the authentications will likely turn out? Surprise, they're all authentic! What a shock.

Joel, do you think it's a conflict of interest for a doctor to also be paid by a drug company? When that drug company comes out with a new medication, do you think that doctor will issue positive recommendations about it if he's being paid by the drug company? People depend on doctors for unbiased, honest advice, just like they do from authenticators. When the "salesman" is also the "authenticator", a bias automatically and immediately occurs and puts into question the objectivity and impartialness of the authenticator.

Rudy.

trsent
01-08-2006, 07:21 PM
Rudy, sorry, I just don't get it.

You want to compare Grey Flannel with a drug company? Common, this is silly. They have a right to authenticate an item and sell it - They have for years and they will continue to do so.

So, Upper Deck Authenticated has Michael Jordan autograph a basketball. They put a hologram on the ball and sell it on their web site. Isn't this a conflict of interest?

Seriously, you are claiming that Grey Flannel may lie to a customer to buy an item cheaper and then authenticate it as genuine so they can profit. Sure, they COULD (SEE CAPS LOCK) DO THIS, but you are then stating that they are criminals looking to defraud customers on either side (the seller or the buyer) which I do not believe they are looking to do.

I spent a few weeks in Great Neck, NY a few years ago (I know, they have since moved to The Hamptons) and even though the prime rib every night was great, and I won about $8000 playing poker in NYC the second trip I made and I never found the boyhood home of Andy Kaufman, who is one of my heroes (Search my name on myspace.com).

Oh wait, I got off the topic, which I never, ever do.

In my time dealing with the staff at Grey Flannel, I found them to be very professional. I felt they were running a legitimate business, and I didn't see anything that would lead me to believe that they would conflict business such as you have suggested they may.

You can't win this argument, because it is accepted in this hobby by their customers. I believe (and I may be wrong) that GF Auctions is #2 behind Mastro in this industry. If this is the case, their customers don't have an issue with what they authenticate - Why should you raise your blood pressure over it?

Did you know when I was a young boy, I used to play poker with Bill Mastro? He liked to tell us that we were crazy to play with him because his theory is whoever has the most money will win at no-limit poker. I generally won, but I liked to hear his theory. By the way, I wasn't that young, I was at least 16 when I used to play with the traveling baseball card dealer crowd.

kingjammy24
01-08-2006, 07:47 PM
Hang on. I never stated or implied Grey Flannel is doing anything questionable whatsoever. I was merely using them as an example of a unique company that is both authenticator and dealer. I never once stated or implied in any way, shape, or form that Grey Flannel issues false authentications, lies to customers, or engages in fraudulent practices.
I was speaking about the nature of a business relationship involving authenticators IN GENERAL who are also dealers, without any comment whatsoever on Grey Flannel's practices or history.

By the way, you brought up Mastro. Here's how Mastro feels:
"We are not dealers.

MastroNet is a consignment auction house. Many auctions are run by dealers offering material they own. And in addition to offering an infinitely inferior service, these auctions expose consignors to numerous unreconcilable conflicts of interest."

What do possibly think they could be talking about Joel?

At any rate, if you don't get it...even after PSA/DNA, Mastro, MEARS, and the ISA have spelled it out, that's ok. Just don't think that the fact that it's been going on for a long time means there is no conflict.
This conflict existed for years and years within investment banking before Eliot Spitzer finally had enough and fined several investment banks hundreds of millions.

Rudy.

stlbats
01-08-2006, 08:02 PM
I have bought a couple of GU bats from Grey Flannel and received pretty good service. They even paid the shipping charge and came off the asking price considerably. Both bats came with PSA/DNA COA's.

Thanks
Jason

trsent
01-08-2006, 08:12 PM
This conflict existed for years and years within investment banking before Eliot Spitzer finally had enough and fined several investment banks hundreds of millions.

There you go again!

You have to compare!

RUDY MY CAPS ARE ON SO READ CLOSELY!!!

DO NO BID OR BUY FROM GREY FLANNEL. LET THEIR SOLID CUSTOMER BASE CONTINUE TO DO BUSINESS WITH THEM AND THEY WILL OR WILL NOT MISS YOU AS A CUSTOMER, BUT STOP LOOKING FOR TROUBLE.

In other news, I was 4-0 in football this weekend and there is two cute girls from Minnesota sleeping in my bed right now so I am in a great mode. Oh wait, I am sleeping on the couch, what is wrong with this picture?

(Ten minutes later I return to the computer without a picture because they were up and showering)

Anyway, my point is simple - You are looking for trouble and your comparisons are out of line. Sorry, you include a drug manufacture and some guy name Elliot I have never heard of. My point is don't buy from them and we have no issues. Right?

In the meantime, when do you start your own authenticating service? I'm sure it will be a success! :)

EndzoneSports
01-08-2006, 08:12 PM
Patrick,

During your numerous dealings with GF, did you purchase items from them which they owned (as opposed to auction/consigned items)? Were these items authenticated by GF and include a GF LOA?

If the answer to my original thread question is yes, then I'd like to pose a follow-up question. (Just to make sure my intentions aren't misinterpreted, rest assured I genuinely want to know the answer. I'm not trying to fan any flames here). My follow-up question to all forum members:

It's a fundamental tenet that appraisers shouldn't sell or buy items they have appraised. I think the reasons are obvious. Most professional auction houses, antique stores, art houses, etc are aware of this basic rule. GF is in a 'challenging' situation because they're one of the few businesses that states it's both a dealer and authenticator. Most are either dealers or authenticators or auction houses but not all 3 at once. In an arrangement of this nature, it would require a good amount of effort to ensure the different sides don't affect each other. When substantial profits come into play there may be a good deal of 'subtle' pressure from the Sales dept on the Authentication department. I imagine the only way to ensure an ethical business of this nature is to refuse to sell or buy any items submitted for authentication and conversely to sell only items which have been authenticated by a third party. Note: LOA's are different than warranties. Warranties outline the buyer's recourse. LOA's state authenticity.

Rudy.

Rudy-

I have both purchased items outright and through their auctions. If I remember correctly, all itmes that come from GF will come with their LOA, regardless of method of sale.

As to your follow-up question, I'll leave that one alone. I have my own personal opinion of LOAs in general and since the parties involved in this debate appear to also be entrenched with their minds already made up, thowing out my biased opinion will only add fuel to the fire.

Regards,

suave1477
01-08-2006, 10:52 PM
HERE IS AN ANSWER TO ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ABOUT GREY FLANNEL, they just recently teamed up with steinersports for a huge yankee auction. Do you think steiner would put yankees on the line if they were teaming up with a fraudelent or a bad repped company. Remember THE YANKEES IS STEINERS MONEY MAKER NOW. Brandon Steiner would not want to piss off THE BOSS ( GEORGE STEINBRENNER) by associating with someone less then reputable. I also have spoken recently with people from Grey Flannel and they seem to know what there talking about.

kingjammy24
01-09-2006, 12:46 AM
My original question: Is it a "conflict of interest" for a dealer and an authenticator to be the same person? (MEARS, ISA, Mastro, PSA/DNA feel it is.)

Answers:
Grey Flannel has a great reputation.
Grey Flannel has lots of customers.
If you don't buy from Grey Flannel, then there is no issue.

I give up.

(Instead of using GreyFlannel as an example, maybe I should've used the Konichiwa Jersey Shop in Hokkaido.)

Rudy.

trsent
01-09-2006, 01:34 AM
Patrick, sorry I am set in my mind over this. Maybe your insights could have swayed me.

Rudy, I don't understand, what is the conflict of interest? If a guy who sells drugs in a nightclub also is growing the drugs in his basement, what again is the conflict? Oh wait, you keep trying to compare this with something that doesn't match up in my weak mind.

If they are unbiased in their evaluations, there should be no issues. Now, since I have known of their company they have bought and sold merchandise and then even opened an auction house. What is the issue?

You want to tell me that all these other great companies don't do what they do, so it must be wrong. I bring a powerhouse like Upper Deck Authenticated and Steiner and I tell you they authenticate and sell their own merchandise, but this doesn't receive a response.

I don't want to compare apples, oranges and watermelons.

Don't tell me if MEARS doesn't do it then it must be wrong. I think if they are professional, which a few people have mentioned that they must be, there should be no issues.

Since you are not their customer, what is the concern?

As for the "Konichiwa Jersey Shop in Hokkaido", I am lost because your issue was with Grey Flannel from the start when you asked about if items on their web site come with letters from them. You were looking to pick on them over your concern, so don't tell me some shop I have never heard of in a city I have never heard of is doing the same thing. Geez, I am so confused. I think I should go back to bed.

Have a Happy and Safe New Year!

kingjammy24
01-23-2006, 06:13 PM
i can hear it now..'not this issue again!'. :D

suffice it to say, i still hold my opinion that a dealer who authenticates items he sells is a conflict of interest. i understand others don't see it this way. many reply 'but i wouldn't sell an item i didn't think was authentic!'.
that's fine but not quite relevant. obviously as a dealer you should have faith in your product. i'm referring to an instance where the ONLY authentication on an item being sold by a dealer was performed by the dealer. ideally, as a dealer you would have your items additionally authenticated by a third party. (an unpopular option because it raises costs and reduces the profit margin). jim yackel recently addressed this very issue in his most recent 'editorial'. in a nutshell, he said that having his items authenticated by a third person seemed unnecessary because he can do it himself and that a conflict of interest occurs only when the dealer is dishonest. i'd offer that while third-party authentication may be practically unnecessary, it's necessary simply to eliminate the conflict of interest. secondly, conflicts of interest occur irrespective of a person's honesty. that is, they don't presume a person is dishonest or honest. they simply state that a situation is present which offers too great an opportunity for fraud. a doctor can never be on a drug company's payroll regardless of how honest he is simply because the 'potential' is there.
it's not a conflict of interest solely because the person is dishonest. it's a conflict of interest because the opportunity is present. there is no system of checks and balances present. how do you think it would go if the President said that he was the only one who was allowed to count votes?
no conflict there? the opportunity for fraud exists therefore the conflict exists. it doesn't presume innocence or guilt.

currently, this hobby, for the most part, is simply a cottage industry collection of hobbyists acting as dealers, selling out of their basements.
most of them have second jobs and seemingly few of them have advanced formal training in business or law. i think that as our hobby evolves and becomes more complex and lucrative, an increasing number of 'big businesses' similar to steiner will become involved. this will bring with it a number of people with advanced formal training in business law. as soon as that happens, i guarantee you'll hear more about this conflict of interest. as it stands now, some guy working a 9-5 and coming home at night to fill 8 or 9 jersey orders a month isn't really concerned with a conflict of interest that's going to necessitate that he raises his costs.

at any rate, i was perusing rob steinmetz's site and clicking away and started to read his bio. i noticed he's formally trained in marketing and as soon as i read that i thought "well then he should completely be aware of this conflict of interest that i'm referring to. as i kept reading through his site, lo and behold there it was:

authenticgamers.com -
"No conflict of interest issues. As an modern equipment expert working with Global Authentication, I do not examine any material that I have either owned or sold. I also do not offer anything for sale or trade with documentation from Global. By adhering to this policy, customers have no reason to fear self-authentication for purposes of personal gain."

Joel you may not understand it now..Jim Yackel may not understand it or want to believe it, but rest assured, the bigger this hobby gets, the closer we're coming to hearing a lot about it. A dealer offering items which have only been authenticated by himself is a clear conflict of interest. You may come up with all sorts of reasons why it shouldn't be, but as a matter of codified, formalized business ethics, it is.

Joel you brought up the example of Upper Deck Authenticated. Upper Deck Authenticated does not authenticate items. (The name is somewhat of a misnomer). That is, they do not directly employ any authenticators nor do they directly authenticate any items. They either sign an athlete to a contract and then directly have this athlete sign items (no need for authentication) or they buy items from auction houses and other dealers and rely on that third-party authentication. Upper Deck simply sells items. They don't authenticate them. I don't think MeiGray or Steiner can be pulled into this either because their items come directly from athletes so what's left to authenticate? Rafael Palmeiro's identity as he's physically handing them his jersey? This conflict only exists with dealers who buy third-party items. Joel, Steiner does not buy items from other auction houses or dealers. They rely on athlete/team contracts. There is no authentication occuring. Grey Flannel buys from dealers and auction houses. They employ authenticators.
It's typically the smaller dealers who are issuing their own COA's (except for Grey Flannel). Most of the bigger houses have the business expertise to know to avoid this conflict of interest.

Rudy.

trsent
01-23-2006, 06:42 PM
Rudy, I was hoping we would drop this, but I guess something woke you up this morning.

I am too tired to post a long reply, but...

1st - Wait for this summer to talk to me about Upper Deck.
2nd - I don't know much, but I know in the past (I am talking years ago) Steiner would buy autographed memorabilia from the likes of Gloria Rothstein and put their hologram on the item.
3rd - Your issues with conflict and Grey Flannel are your issues. Their bidder and customers don't seem to have an issue, so why should you?
4th - You never replied when you want to start a service with me to authenticate memorabilia. I think we would make a great team!

kingjammy24
01-23-2006, 07:35 PM
Heh Joel, I found this point of yours the most humorous:

"Your issues with conflict and Grey Flannel are your issues. Their bidder and customers don't seem to have an issue, so why should you?"

While they were making great returns, thousands of shareholders of Enron didn't see any issues. The only people who had issues were a couple of analysts. We know who ended up being right on that one.

Greasy, overly-processed fast food is very bad for your health. Billions of people are very happy eating it. Is there a problem with it? Every single doctor would tell you there is, even though billions of customers 'don't have any issues'.

"I guess if everyone's happy, there can't be a problem."
What a great motto. If only real life worked that way. Joel, unfortunately problems exist even if people can't immediately see them.

Rudy.

suave1477
01-23-2006, 10:03 PM
Why Am I Not Surprised Trsent Again Fighting With Another Member For No Reason. I Am Curious Trsent Your The Only One Who Complains On This Site For No Reason And Your Reasons To Argue Most Of The Time Are Not Valid. Can You Comprehend When People Who Are New To This Hobby Are Looking For Harmless Advice. This Member All He Asked Was How Does Grey Flannel Work? You Go Off On A Rant Of Sarcasm About All The Ways He Can Contact Them Directly. Is That Really Going To Help Him, No Not Really!!!! Companies Are Built On Reputation Not But What They Say. Imagine How Many Scam Copanies Would Still Be In Business If We Kept Buying Things From Them If We All Went On What They Said. Hey Trsent Ill Sell You The Brooklyn Bridge For A Dollar Beleive Me Its In My Backyard And You Can Call Me, Email Me, Fax Me, Or Mail Me. You Can Trust Me I Have The Bridge For This 1 Time Low Offer Of A Dollar Just For You ( By The Way The Bridge Is Made Of Gold ) Lol Lol

trsent
01-23-2006, 10:27 PM
Rudy, please don't compare Grey Flannel with Enron, that is like comparing apples and mangos.

As for Suave, whatever you said, it was too hard to read because you capitalized like every word. You don't like that someone gives the other side to a discussion? Can't I give my views and Rudy gives his?

Funny thing is even though I often disagree with Rudy, I have no problem with his place on these forums. Rudy spends a lot of time helping people photo-match items. Yes, even then there may be items that are genuine that no photo-match can help prove, but he offers a valuable service to our friends on these forums.

Rudy and I often butt heads on topics, but I feel it is good to see both sides to any debate. If you don't like my side, that is fine, but if you wish to post your displeasure with my side, why not do it maturely, not by stating that I am "fighting for no reason".

My reasons for defending Grey Flannel are my own, I find no issues with how they run their operation. If you do, please call them and ask them to stop.

Let's see, we have a comparison to Enron, a comparison to some idiot buying a bridge, now let me make a comparison...

Anyone see that new AOL commercial where the guy from the computer repair company goes to an AOL office and asks a guy to stop protecting their customers computers for viruses? Then he asks him for them to stop automatically updating their software. Each time the AOL tells him "No".

So you should contact Grey Flannel, ask them to stop authenticating and selling and see what they say.

Have a great day!

bigtime59
01-23-2006, 10:51 PM
I'd be less concerned with vendors self-authenticating, if they didn't mess up so much! I don't keep detailed records of this stuff, but GF is right up (down?) there with everybody's favorite whipping boy, Lou Lampson, for writing LOAs on Orioles stuff that make me laugh! out! loud!

apujols04
01-23-2006, 11:08 PM
I'd be less concerned with vendors self-authenticating, if they didn't mess up so much! I don't keep detailed records of this stuff, but GF is right up (down?) there with everybody's favorite whipping boy, Lou Lampson, for writing LOAs on Orioles stuff that make me laugh! out! loud!

Lelands does their own authenticating.

suave1477
01-23-2006, 11:19 PM
Well as i stated in my last post Trsent, comprehension slips right through your fingers. The very first post that was made was asking if anyone is familiar with how grey flannel works, do they co-sign or do they buy from auctions. Your the one who went off on a rant with Sarcasm. You talk about idiot metaphors. Why dont you try comprehending what someone is saying before speaking. You say if I have a problem with Grey Flannel to contact them "WHEN DID I EVER MENTION HAVING A PROBLEM WITH GREY FLANNEL" NEVER!!!!!!!!!! ( HENCE COMPREHENSION ) I have no problem with you defending grey flannel if you feel positive about them, but there is only one problem no one I DO MEAN NO ONE!!! said anything bad about them and If it is that difficult for you to read capped letters I will try to see if there is a crayon font and see if we can spell it out for you like a 5 yr old. Now as I said before I do value your opinions towards the game used stuff but not towards going off on a sarcastic rant when it is not needed and no one did anything to provoke it. THIS IS A GAMEUSED HOBBY SITE not your personal frustration relief from a hard days work site.

Eric
01-24-2006, 12:15 AM
Well as i stated in my last post Trsent, comprehension slips right through your fingers. The very first post that was made was asking if anyone is familiar with how grey flannel works, do they co-sign or do they buy from auctions. Your the one who went off on a rant with Sarcasm. You talk about idiot metaphors. Why dont you try comprehending what someone is saying before speaking. You say if I have a problem with Grey Flannel to contact them "WHEN DID I EVER MENTION HAVING A PROBLEM WITH GREY FLANNEL" NEVER!!!!!!!!!! ( HENCE COMPREHENSION ) I have no problem with you defending grey flannel if you feel positive about them, but there is only one problem no one I DO MEAN NO ONE!!! said anything bad about them and If it is that difficult for you to read capped letters I will try to see if there is a crayon font and see if we can spell it out for you like a 5 yr old. Now as I said before I do value your opinions towards the game used stuff but not towards going off on a sarcastic rant when it is not needed and no one did anything to provoke it. THIS IS A GAMEUSED HOBBY SITE not your personal frustration relief from a hard days work site.

Congratulations! You're suspended. My hands hurt from typing "personal attacks will not be tolerated." Too bad you cannot follow the rules of the forum. Thanks for coming.

trsent
01-24-2006, 05:05 AM
I was sarcastic in my first post when Rudy posed his questions, but I often can't answer a question without coming off sarcastic. Oh well, I wasn't looking for trouble.