PDA

View Full Version : Penguins Game-Used Stick and Equipment Sale This Sunday

Utopian2630
04-17-2007, 09:39 AM
Hey Everyone,
Thought I'd pass this tip along. The Pens are holding a game-used stick and equipment sale this Sunday at the Marriott across from Mellon Arena starting at 8:00 A.M. Aparently, they'll have over 150 sticks, 12 pairs of gloves, a few helmets and some pants and skates. I've never been to this before so I don't know what the prices and selection are all about.

Now I need the forum's help. I've been debating on buying an ipod for some time ( I feel like I'm the last person in the world without one) but everytime I plan on getting one, a jersey or piece of equipment comes along which prevents me from buying one. Anyone else ever have this problem? ipod or equipment????

bubbrubb25
04-18-2007, 09:41 AM
Equipment!!!!!! :)

PK
04-18-2007, 08:30 PM
I think on your way home you will be buying the ipod.

I have heard that most of the equipment available is going to be pro return stuff from no name players. May be a gem or two there but you will have to be first in line to get it I bet. Good Luck & ket us know

sctizzle
04-18-2007, 08:38 PM
They will not have any Fleury, Crosby, Staal or Malkin items.

This is what I was told:

Mainly they do these sales to clear out storage space at the arena. I have already saved your e-mail if I see any type pf auction going on. They do not want to get into selling memorabilia and only do these used equipment sales to make room in the storage areas so most of the time they aren’t selling big name players’ equipment.

Utopian2630
04-19-2007, 08:55 AM
I figured there wouldn't be any 'big ticket items', mainly I'd like to find a Thibault or a Roberts stick there, but we'll see. I figure its worth a shot to check things out and since I'll already be up insanely early that morning, why not stop by.

I was Best Buy last night looking at iPods but just couldn't pull the trigger, perhaps that'll be saved for Sunday afternoon.