PDA

View Full Version : Jackie Robinson Day bases still being used....

kylehess10
04-16-2007, 06:55 PM
I'm watching the Braves-Nats game right now and they showed a close-up of one of the bases and it has the "Jackie Robinson Day" logo on the side of the base. Anybody know why these are still being used?

kylehess10
04-16-2007, 07:46 PM
Also, Dimitri Young is wearing "42". I guess they were still going to wear the jersey's no matter what day it was

89ASMVPBats
04-17-2007, 08:08 AM
Kyle,

Young wore 42 last night because the Nats' Sunday game against the Mets in New York was postponed due to weather.

Drew

89ASMVPBats
04-17-2007, 08:32 AM
As for the bases, they most likely were the same ones that were to be used in the postponed Nats/Mets game. Because the Mets were traveling to Philly on Monday and the Astros/Phillies game was also postponed on Sunday due to weather (i.e. Philly already had Jackie Robinson bases that had not been used), the bases would go unused if they were not sent to D.C. for the Nats game. Since MLB intends to auction off most of these Jackie Robinson Day items for the foundation, they needed to make sure that they were game used.

It will be interesting to see if they use Jackie Robinson bases in Philly tonight since last night's Mets/Phillies game was also postponed due to weather.

Drew
eighty9asmvpbats@yahoo.com