PDA

View Full Version : Went to Braves Clubhouse @ CNN Ctr

camarokids
04-16-2007, 12:38 PM
We stopped on Saturday at the CCN Ctr to check out the Braves Stuff . Wow expensive. The cheapest bat was $150 and $200 each , there was Matt Diaz , Betemit and a few others I can't think of right now. They had a batting helmet for $99 player unknown.....

kylehess10
04-16-2007, 03:04 PM
We stopped on Saturday at the CCN Ctr to check out the Braves Stuff . Wow expensive. The cheapest bat was $150 and $200 each , there was Matt Diaz , Betemit and a few others I can't think of right now. They had a batting helmet for $99 player unknown.....

The bats are always expensive. They never lower those prices. The good things that they have which sell quick are the hats and BP jerseys. They always price them cheap but you'd have to get there before they run out.

mphcollectibles
04-17-2007, 11:22 AM

I don't trust buying from the Braves anymore. I have been burned on a few jerseys that were supposedly game worn and are just game issues. Plus they offer no certification.

kylehess10
04-17-2007, 12:34 PM
I don't trust buying from the Braves anymore. I have been burned on a few jerseys that were supposedly game worn and are just game issues. Plus they offer no certification.

They offer no certification becuase when they use to, all the COA's stated that it was "game used memorabilia" and it didn't give any description of the item so they were easily included with other fake memorabilia being sold as other items with an LOA from the Braves.

LWMM
04-18-2007, 10:24 AM

I was there over the weekend, and looked at the Diaz bats---I don't even think they were game used, looked more like BP bats (lots of green marks, presumably from green stamped balls used for BP).

ham1963
04-18-2007, 01:54 PM
How much were the Diaz bats and did they have any Atlanta Team bats?
Thanks,
John

LWMM
04-18-2007, 03:39 PM
How much were the Diaz bats and did they have any Atlanta Team bats?
Thanks,
John

The Diaz bats were 150 each---one had half the handle missing, and one had a long (10 inches or so, half an inch to an inch wide)) strip of wood gone. For the second, do you mean team signed bats? If so, I didn't look.

skipcareyisfat
04-18-2007, 03:51 PM
did they have any Atlanta Team bats?
Thanks,
John

No team bats, John. Just your everyday, overpriced, busted-up bp gamers. ;)

ham1963
04-18-2007, 07:47 PM
No I was looking for a team bat with just Atlanta Braves on it they usally use them in BP or a Fungo Bat
Thanks,
John

kylehess10
04-18-2007, 10:23 PM
I'm going to the store tomorrow around 11am. Hopefully they'll still have something left for me! :D

kylehess10
04-19-2007, 04:33 PM
Went to the store today.....I was hoping they might have some cheap hats left, but no :( .....they had 4 hats, 2 were Renteria and the other 2 were Hudson, all $100 each. The bats were sweet but expensive. Here's some pics that I got for those wondering about them. They had an interesting Renteria bat with his number crossed out and "7" (Francoeur) was added. I've never seen Francoeur use anything other than his all blonde LS M9 bats. Very interesting....

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l178/kylehess10/S3010760.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l178/kylehess10/S3010761.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l178/kylehess10/S3010762.jpg

camarokids
04-19-2007, 09:45 PM
that's exactly how it looked when I went , apparently (and wisely) no one has bought any since I was there last Saturday , they also had 2 bats in a glass case towards the front of the store......

kylehess10
04-19-2007, 09:57 PM
they also had 2 bats in a glass case towards the front of the store......

yep, that case has a Terry Pendleton game used bat (oddly signed by Rafael Furcal), a Horacio Ramirez game used bat, and a Rafael Furcal game used 2006 SAM bat

chakes89
04-21-2007, 01:51 AM
Hey Kylehess10,

Have you ever tried to apply for a job in the Braves team store? You could probably get a discount on game used stuff and have first crack at game used stuff.

kylehess10
04-21-2007, 09:06 AM
Hey Kylehess10,

Have you ever tried to apply for a job in the Braves team store? You could probably get a discount on game used stuff and have first crack at game used stuff.

yep, I submitted a resume back in November for a full-time job but then I decided to go back to school instead.

chakes89
04-22-2007, 12:00 AM
I don't understand. What do you mean go back to school? Aren't you still in High School?

kylehess10
04-22-2007, 12:16 AM
I don't understand. What do you mean go back to school? Aren't you still in High School?

yea...I dropped out at first, but then went back.

ham1963
04-22-2007, 09:41 PM
Kyle, Stay in school there will be plenty of time in your life to work and make money . Just remember that education does not promise you a job but it helps to get you in the door for that job :)
Good Luck
John

kylehess10
04-22-2007, 10:26 PM
Kyle, Stay in school there will be plenty of time in your life to work and make money . Just remember that education does not promise you a job but it helps to get you in the door for that job :)
Good Luck
John

yea, I realized that school was a better place to be at. Plus I when I was out of school the end of last year, I went to Atlanta so much that I can actually remember every single employee at the Braves clubhouse store (the old dude with glasses, and old short dude with grey hair, the chinese guy, the black lady, and the white lady :eek: :D ).