PDA

View Full Version : MLB Authenication numbering system ? How does it work?

camarokids
04-11-2007, 03:47 PM
I am curious as to how the numbering goes? I have a Travis Lee bat I just received today and it's # is BB099811 (vs. A's) and I already had a Travis Lee given to me last year by the Rays PR guy has # BB180899 (vs. Indians) .

So my question is should I assume the lower the number the older the item is. Or are the holograms given out in bulk for teams to use as they go and you can't go by the numbers to help determine what season a bat was used .

If anyone can share experiences, thoughts and/or insights it would be appreciated..............

Thank you !

YanksSteiner
04-12-2007, 10:19 AM
Just look up the Hologram number, hence the reason its there, and there is no real order in which they hand out the Holograms, a higher or lower number doesn't guarantee if its newer or older, they have several hundred authenticators, all are given Holograms, it depends on how many each uses, etc etc. the whole reason the Holo is there is to ID the product using MLBs database.

camarokids
04-12-2007, 10:30 AM
Thank for the reply , I understand how to use the online system to look up an item . I was hoping a lower number would mean an older item , but as to what you say it doesn't work that way.

It would nice if the items were at least dated to a season , the exact date(s) would be great..........