PDA

View Full Version : Julius Jones Cleats / Opinions

jayt1234
04-11-2007, 11:32 AM
I can get Julius Jones game used cleats with socks from Game Used Exclusives for $350. I am new to this sort of thing but do you guys feel as though this price is fair? I know it is somewhat objective but there are people here who know a lot more than I do about this stuff.

Thank You in advance.

Jay

worldchamps
04-11-2007, 01:00 PM
I have a pair of Terry Glenn, DeMarcus Mare rookie, Sam Hurd cleats

Keyshawn Johnson and Jason Witten game jerseys

Let me know if you are interested

rangersstars@yahoo.com

beavisrules
04-11-2007, 02:46 PM
jayt1234,

Tough question to answer. I think $350 sounds a bit on the higher end, even though I am a huge Julius Jones fan and am very biased. I think it depends on why you are purchasing them - if it is to display and enjoy them as such, then go for it. However, if you view this as an "investment", then I would hold off - the reason I say this is the demand for cleats is less than that for jerseys/helmets/bats, so your ability to re-sell them would be more limited. Bottom line - I don't think you'll be able to resell them for $350 unless Jones becomes an annual pro-bowler. But if your purpose is for your own personal collection, than this shouldn't matter to you at all.

I own only one pair of NFL game used (signed) cleats that I got off ebay 5 years ago from a legit seller for a lesser known player than Jones, and they cost less than $75. Take that for what it is worth - again, they weren't Jones cleats obviously. Before you buy, look through some of the "items for sale" listings on this website, and see what people are selling cleats for to give you a better idea on pricing. I am not a big time dealer/collector like a lot of folks on here, but that's my two cents anyway. Good luck with your decision.

-beavisrules
always looking for Notre Dame memorabilia

jayt1234
04-11-2007, 03:11 PM
I ended up buying them at that price included with them were Drew Bledsoe socks as well (which I had been looking for). My collection is 100% for my enjoyment and would never even consider selling any of it at any time. I really do see that every dollar I spend is not going to ever be returned, but the $350 price range for the time being is about the maximum I will spend on one item at this time.

I actually spoke with Joe from Game Used Exclusives at great length this afternoon and he was extremely helpful.

Thank You,

Jay

ChrisCavalier
04-11-2007, 03:39 PM
I ended up buying them at that price included with them were Drew Bledsoe socks as well (which I had been looking for). My collection is 100% for my enjoyment and would never even consider selling any of it at any time. I really do see that every dollar I spend is not going to ever be returned, but the $350 price range for the time being is about the maximum I will spend on one item at this time.

I actually spoke with Joe from Game Used Exclusives at great length this afternoon and he was extremely helpful.
Hello Jay,

Given your objectives, I think you made a wise decision.

In addition, from an investment standpoint, I think those taking the time to make sure an item is legitimate (I believe the Game Exclusives provenance is very meaningful in that regard) will see the value of their collections go up as the suspect merchandise on the market gets weeded out over time.

In any event, I hope you enjoy the new additions to your collection.

Sincerely,
Chris Cavalier