PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Cowboys / New Member

jayt1234
04-07-2007, 07:01 PM
Hello,

I just found your forum while searching for Jason Witten GU Cleats. I found some great advice while searching through earlier threads. I have been a Cowboys fan my whole life (Boston resident) and just started collecting Cowboys GU items this past Christmas (started by my girlfriend whou bought me a Bledsoe 8x10 autograph on Ebay).

Last fall (2005) was biding on Bledsoe cleats but could just not justify spending money on something I could not actually use. However in time I realized that any hobby does not exacty need to be something that has any value at all. I have found it to be a great amount of fun to search for things and see what is out there.

So far I have GU cleats from Bledsoe, K. Johnson, D. Ware, Two white practice jersey's, one blue practice jersey, D.Ware GU Socks, Two game issued (not used) pants home & away, Roy Williams gloves and D. Ware gloves.

If anyone knows of any good sources for Cowboys GU or isued items please let me know. I have a friend from the gym who has gotten a few items from there tent sale and I havealso found a few things on Ebay. I am a huge Bledsoe fan so any information on his stuff would be great as well.

Thank You

jayt1234

RKGIBSON
04-08-2007, 11:56 AM
Jayt,

I have collected Cowboy game used over the years and had quite a bit in the late 90's. I have since sold most of them. I am attaching some pictures of my favorite Cowboy, a 97 Moose Johnston. I photo matched it to 2 games Steelers, 8-31-97 and Giants 10-4-97. I beleive it was used in more games, due to the repairs, but cannot absolutely prove it in photos. The jersey has quilted shoulders and the eyelet below the collar to tie the jersey to the shoulder pads. It has a large reinforcement square on the inside. Moose got hurt that year and was out for the end of the season. I bought it directly from the Cowboys. You used to be able to go to their web site store and buy game used. Now Game Exclusive handles it. There is a link on the Cowboys web site. Go to NFL.com.

I also included some shots of my Bill's 2002 Bledsoe. It came from NFL auctions. Thought a look at the autograph might be helpful. It was used vs the Lions. It has very good wear for a Quarterback. The Lion's must have pounded him that day. I have good photo matches on this one too.

On the Cowboys, I have kept track of their uniform manufacturer since 86. It is as follows,
86 to 92 Russell
93 & 94 Apex (94 has the 75th NFL Ann. patch)
95 Rippon
96-2000 Nike
01-07 Reebok (2001 Landry hat patch)

Hope some of this is of use.
Roger

ChrisCavalier
04-08-2007, 12:49 PM
If anyone knows of any good sources for Cowboys GU or isued items please let me know.
Hello Jason,

Welcome to the site! As for your question about Cowboy GU items, without hesitation I would recommend Game Exclusives. Game Exclusives has a contractual relationship with the Cowboys to market their game used items and the wear on some of the items are unbelievable. Along those lines, here is a link to a post I made a while back regarding their company:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showpost.php?p=29147&postcount=4

We did have a few game Game Exclusives items in our recent GUU forum auction and I already spoke with one of the item winners who said he thought the use on the item he won was incredible. Personally, given all the suspect items on the market right now, I would personally look for items with good use and provenance. Regarding provenance, I think Game Exclusives is about as good as you are going to get for Cowboy memorabilia. In fact, we are hoping to have more Game Exclusives items in our next GUU auction.

I hope that helps and, once again, welcome to the site!

Sincerely,
Chris Cavalier