PDA

View Full Version : Advice on finding 1985 Patriots Garin Veris helmet

VERIS#60
04-07-2007, 03:08 PM
Hello....I am trying to find a 1985 New England Patriots Garin Veris rookie helmet. Long time equipment manager George Luongo took a young girl into Champions Sports Bar in Boston after SBXX and had Garin sign it. I know this helmet exists and it would be interesting to see where it ended up. Of course, I am interested in purchasing this helmet or any other equipment worn by Garin. If you have any information on this helmet or any other items please let me know. Thanks so much!

VERIS#60
11-08-2012, 12:51 PM
Hello, I just wanted to follow up on this post I made in 2007. A fellow collector and now friend I have been talking to on guu found this helmet recently. I did'nt even know he had been pounding the pavement and asking everyone he ran into about this helmet. Finally, he made the right connection and found it. It truly was like finding a needle in a haystack! I wish I knew how to post pics of this old vintage Patriots logo helmet that is hammered. My friend lives near Boston which made it easier for him as I live in Ohio. He did not want me to mention him by name. So, I would just like to say thanks! Also, it shows what kind of people are on guu. Thanks again and happy collecting to everyone!
Bruce

commando
11-09-2012, 02:11 AM
Hello, I just wanted to follow up on this post I made in 2007. A fellow collector and now friend I have been talking to on guu found this helmet recently. I did'nt even know he had been pounding the pavement and asking everyone he ran into about this helmet. Finally, he made the right connection and found it. It truly was like finding a needle in a haystack! I wish I knew how to post pics of this old vintage Patriots logo helmet that is hammered. My friend lives near Boston which made it easier for him as I live in Ohio. He did not want me to mention him by name. So, I would just like to say thanks! Also, it shows what kind of people are on guu. Thanks again and happy collecting to everyone!
Bruce

Wow, that's awesome!

So, are you saying that you have the helmet now, or does your friend still have it?

VERIS#60
11-09-2012, 03:30 PM
Wow, that's awesome!

So, are you saying that you have the helmet now, or does your friend still have it?

Yes, I do have it my possession. I have photomatched it in quite a few photos. Although, it turned out to be a 1986 helmet, I have photomatched it on the back of Garin's 1989 Score card. Garin is a good friend of mine and when I showed it to him and his eyes lit up. He smiled and said, "How in the world did you find this? I sure wish i could share some photos of it! It is a super nice old logl Patriots item!

slab0meat
11-09-2012, 03:53 PM
Yes, I do have it my possession. I have photomatched it in quite a few photos. Although, it turned out to be a 1986 helmet, I have photomatched it on the back of Garin's 1989 Score card. Garin is a good friend of mine and when I showed it to him and his eyes lit up. He smiled and said, "How in the world did you find this? I sure wish i could share some photos of it! It is a super nice old logl Patriots item!

Have you heard of a camera or cell phone? Then upload them!

Congrats on a long journey with a good ending. Enjoy it.

VERIS#60
11-10-2012, 12:19 AM
I lost the fight while using my cell phone to post pics. I am out of time, but I will not lose the war.

VERIS#60
11-14-2012, 12:17 AM
Have you heard of a camera or cell phone? Then upload them!

Congrats on a long journey with a good ending. Enjoy it.

Sorry for no photos. I have tried a thousand times with my smart phone and it will not load my photos. Do I have to do it from a pc? Can anyone please help me out as I am about to scream and pull every single bit of my hair out!!! Please help! Bruce

Dach0sen0ne
11-14-2012, 09:20 AM
If you want, email me the photos and I'll post them for you. My email is in my signature.

Dach0sen0ne
11-14-2012, 02:16 PM
Here is one.

Dach0sen0ne
11-14-2012, 03:12 PM
more pics

Dach0sen0ne
11-14-2012, 03:17 PM
Awesome pic of the helmet on the back of an 89 Score card!

VERIS#60
11-14-2012, 06:25 PM
Awesome pic of the helmet on the back of an 89 Score card!

Wow Rich! Your photos you posted for me turned out great! Thanks so much for doing that for me! I hope everyone enjoys the great old logo of the earlier Patriots years. Like I said before, this site has some really great people on it. Thanks again Rich!