PDA

View Full Version : Note on 1961 Kubek Pants

Eric
04-06-2007, 03:52 PM
Hey everyone

I wanted to point something out about an item that I consigned in the current Vintage Authentics Auction. It's a pair of 1961 Tony Kubek pants.

According to the description it was authenticated by Lou Lampson.

I wanted people to know that the Kubek pants originally came from a lot of two items from a mastronet auction (the other item was a pair of Casey Stengel pants)

That lot came with a letter from SCDA (which became MEARS) For some reason the LOA covered both pairs of pants. I kept the Stengel pants but am consigning the Kubek pants, so I sent a copy of the LOA to Vintage.

If for whatever reason the winner of that lot would like a copy of the SCDA LOA describing the Kubek (and Stengel) pants, I would be happy to send them a copy of it. I'm not sure why it was not mentioned in the Vintage Authentics item description. Perhaps it's because I did not send an original LOA, but rather a photocopy.

Here's the link
http://vintageauthentics.at.truition.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prmenbr=57735959&aunbr=81765928

Best,
Eric

skipcareyisfat
04-06-2007, 04:27 PM
According to the description it was authenticated by Lou Lampson.

Eric,
Lou needs all the help he can get. :confused: :confused: Something tells me his reference archive contains more than just your average wire photos and magazine clippings. I'm thinking he's got a pretty good collection of other people's COAs, Broadway Rick auction catalogs, letters from George Weiss, Joe D'Andrea, etc.
-Jason